Sunday, April 29, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas

It's that time again...
Christmas in 90 degree temps...


The 12 Kits of Christmas!!
YAY!!!

I love this group we started.
I love knowing that on December 23rd I will not have had only 2 hours sleep from an all night card making session and finally dozing on the last cards made at my table when the coffee runs out...
and those cards then have to be trashed because of the drool that may have possibly occurred during said 2 hours...
just so I can rush to the Post Office and be able to say "I mailed them before Christmas!"
*giggle*
And this group is just full of some absolutely amazing talent...
I stand in awe of all of them!
We've only been together for 4 months now...
and I love getting to know these incredible woman...
some I knew beforehand...
some I only knew "of"...
and still can't believe any of them would be associated with me!
That's what you call "Courage" people!
*giggle*

But I learn so much from them each month...
truly I am awed and inspired...
and I get so excited when I know kits are on the way...
then I'm bouncing off the walls when they get here...
and have a hard time sleeping on posting night because I want to see what everyone was able to do with the same ingredients!
Though I did threaten to just hold onto my kits and let everyone post their cards so I can then CASE everything they do...
seems like a great plan...
right?
But I did play...
though in all honesty...
that thought stayed in my mind so I did hoard a bit of the kit so I can then CASE...
but sshhh!!
Don't tell anyone!!
I think I'm kind'a cheating ;)

So Marybeth was in charge of kits this month...
and she sent such a gorgeous array of goodies...
images...
die cuts...
papers...
ribbons and little embellies...
and here is a shot of all the goodies from our group photographer Kara...
because she is SO awesome...


Seriously!
Look at how amazing her photos are...
wouldn't you designate her for photos too?
I wish I could have her photo everything for me...
do you think she would?
*giggle*

OK...so here we go...
this first one is very...
and I do mean very CAS...
I'm almost embarrassed to show it but though I can't tell you why...
I like it like this...

Maybe it's because the image just really shows...
and I love the image...
so vintage Victorian.
I added the small wreath from Waltzingmouse's Twas the Night Before Christmas...
it was just the right size...
and now I have a Victorian Christmas post!
And the inside...
I don't normally show them but I had to with this one...


How perfect is this sentiment with this image?
This is from Waltzingmouse Compliments of the Season...
one of my most favorite sets ever...
the fonts are so incredibly gorgeous in it...
I just melt every time I pull it out!


OK...
number 2...

and my personal favorite...

I used PTI's In the Meadow dies for both of the last 2 cards...
and I honestly have to say those dies see so much use around here.
They very rarely are put away before I'm pulling them back out again...
and I know I can hand cut hills...
but for someone who failed scissor cutting in kindergarten...
it's best for everyone that I don't attempt.
So that officially makes these dies some of my all time favorites!
And that perfectly gorgeous lace...
Suzanne has me totally addicted to the Ribbon Carousel now...
and they have LOTS of gorgeous ribbons and lace...
and I can't fail to mention...
sparklets!!


Now...I know that seems my cards aren't festive this month...
I just realized they all have black on them...
but I love them!
So apparently black does go with everything...
*giggle*

OK...now you absolutely must go and visit everyone and oogle all their creations...
I know I'm going to!
And I know I'm going to have oodles to CASE before I'm done...
so glad I devised my hoarding plan for that very reason!
*giggle*


Cathy
Suzanne
Marybeth
Joyce
Amy 
Christina
Kim
Kara
Jessica
Jeanne
Sharron

And we'll be back again next month with more...
Joyce will be our hostess and I know kits are soon on their way so I will be having a happy mail day this week! :)
Hope you have a wonderful one!
We're going to be HOT...
high 80's to 90's...
I finally broke and turned on the air today.
Love of my life is Yankee born...
and even after all this time...
he still has not adapted to Southern heat so he's been singing Frosty the Snowman for the last couple of days...
giving special emphasis on "before I melt away".
Do you think it was a hint?
*giggle*

18 comments :

  1. Fabulous idea for the lamp post. I love the lamp post but just came up blank, now I can case your card. All of your cards are so beautiful and elegant and the red ribbon on your final card, such a nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, that was so smart to add the wreath to the lampost...and those little berries! So cute. The second card with the two stars, I wish I had thought to use them both together, but your last is my favorite too. I love that black silhouette tree and hills. The red bow, again tied absolutely perfectly. Renee, great job, you don't need to case anyone...yours are beautiful. (Love that WM sentiment too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful cards you made, Renee. I agree with you about the In the Meadow dies--when they were first introduced, I couldn't see why anyone would buy them--now I want to use them on every card. I love what you did with that lamp post, and am so glad I hoarded mine--can you say Wreath for All Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are always such a fun elegant read and so enjoyable. The cards you came up with are elegant as well with the black. Love the lamppost with the wreath. The second one is so simply stated , love that one too. In the Meadow is a favorite of mine as well . The tree with the banner ribbon and red bow is gorgeous! Im so happy to be included in this group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, every month you say that you are surprised that we would associate with you, and that shocks me because I am the one who feels privileged that you invited ME to be a part of the group! I just love it so much. Thank you for coming up with it! So on to the cards. I think that the stamped wreath was the perfect addition to the lamp post in the first card! The second is so peaceful and looks just like the Wise Men scene, perfect for Christmas! But the 3rd is my definite favorite. I love how the tree stands out on the music background, the banner, and the huge bow on top of the lace. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lamppost *would* have been my fave but I just love that last card too much!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee,
    No need to case your team's cards. Yours are beautiful. Love them all. The first one is perfect as CAS. Doing more would not do the image justice. Love the inside sentiment too! I agree with the last card as being the favorite. All the elements go together perfectly. Everything just flows together. I just might have to case this one whenever I get around to making my Christmas cards.
    I know what you mean about failing scissor cutting, but I still haven't bought that die.
    Love your style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee, Love the black red and white theme throughout all of your cards - I think they are very elegant and formal looking. Very clever way to dress up the lamp post - I like the little wreath!! Another why didn't I think of that moment HA!! The clean look to all your cards really makes your eye focus on the images - just brilliant! PS So glad you put this group together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Renee--these are amazing! The wreath on the lamp post is a genius idea! And I love the CAS design! Wonderful sentiment too--every time I see that set used I think of how I need to add it to my next order. Then I forget--darn! Claire's sentiment always stamp so beautifully. Great way to use both stars on your second card--and so pretty against that paper. And your tree card is amazing! Love the tree against the music design with the lace and red bow. The touch of red looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Renee! I am in love with your cards. Putting a wreath on the lamp post is just brilliant. The colours in this kits are fantastic! I love your stars on the second card. I also agree about In the Meadows, when it came out I passed because I though I could recreate them--no, not that easy. You so belong is this group of talented ladies because you are one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I LOVE the last card with the black silhouette tree. I couldn't figure out how to use it but I now I do!!! Brilliant idea on the lamppost with the wreath. Must CASE that......see you are more than worthy! I love your style and your posts!! I can't wait for the day when we can finally meet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are not the only one waiting to CASE what she sees everyone else do! LOL! That's part of the fun, right?
    I'm so glad I still have my lamp post to use, because your CAS design with the little wreath is brilliant. I love the wrapped ribbon in the corners! The gold accents on your second card look wonderful, and the tree silhouette with the gorgeous red bow is perfection. Fabulous inspiration this month, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many beautiful cards today Renee!! I absolutely love the wreath on the lamppost!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards Renee! And I love that you embraced your CAS side;)

    That first card is just so beautiful! And don't you just love it when you discover that two stamp sets coordinate? Love that!

    It still amazes me the variety of cards that come out the same supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee, I just love you and would not have this group without you because I also love everything you make! Card 1: holy moly...I love the wreath and the cornered ribbon sashes for sure! It's perfect! Card 2:I love the super simple elegance of those stars popped up! And Card 3: I love the lace and how you raised the banner sentiment up high --stunning. You're just the best, friend! BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Renee your cards are FABULOUS! ANOTHER fun group your in!! Sounds like you have some HOT weather.. we had a few days of sun.. not much heat with it! LOL! :) I hope MORE is coming soon! :)
    Have a WONDERFUL day!!! Thanks for the SMILES I always get reading your posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful collection of projects Renee! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sheer brilliance to add the wreath to the lamp post. It looks spectacular! Love it!

    My favorite is #2. Your layout really focuses attention on the stars. And I really love those stars. Very beautiful!

    Plus, smart thinking on stashing away a few goodies for CASE'ing. Yours is definitely a mind at work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...