Saturday, April 7, 2012

I've Been Waiting...

If you're looking for my Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...you can find it here...or just scroll down


for this day to get here!
Today I have the pleasure of being Guest Designer for Market Street Stamps...
YAY!!
I was given this honor in February during their Block Party weekend...
did you know about this?
Each month after they hold a release...
while waiting for the new goodies...
Market Street Stamps hold a Block Party...
you can use any image of theirs and then link up over at the Market Street Blog for your chance to win a prize package or be chosen to host one month as Guest Designer...
which they choose me!
Can you believe it?!!
Oh...poor things just didn't know what they were getting themselves into did they?
*giggle*


But now the time is here and I get to show you what I came up with...
only first I have to prepare you...
I went rustic with this.
I don't usually go that way but...
I am a Southerner...
born and bred.
Grew up right outside of the home of country music...


Nashville, TN.
You can't throw a rock around here without hitting some country artist...
seriously.
I worked at the local KMart when I was a teen and I kid you not...
the man in black himself...
Johnny Cash...
came in one day out to the garden center where they stuck me one day hoping I would be quiet and wouldn't find anyone to talk to.
Only I knew who he was...
and that he owned a farm in a neighboring county...
and I talked to him....
though he didn't talk that much so I carried that conversation.
And took his money.
He paid in cash though so I didn't get his autograph.
So anyway...
growing up here and being surrounded by all the legends and music history...
I naturally was an 80's hair band metal fan.
*giggle*
Country music was just never my thing...
and even today I still have to ask who someone may be...
but everything else about me is country.
I love country cooking...
country living...
and though I have never owned a cowboy hat...
you just can't beat a good pair of boots!
I also love the eclectic casualness of country decor...
and I hope it came out just a bit in what I'm about to show you because they are already fixtures in my home...


When I first saw this sentiment from Neighborhood I knew that I had to have it...
it just touched my heart.
And I saw using it to create a picture with the cottage style home in Home Sweet Home...
and that is now residing in my crafty space and just makes me happy every time I look at it because with all the different aspects of me...
home is where I start...
and home is where I end.
Now...
this is my very first effort at paper piecing...
so forgive me if I did it wrong...
but my original idea...
well...
I'm not going to share it because it wasn't such a great idea and I want you to at least have the illusion that sometimes I know what I'm doing...
so we'll just go with that!
*giggle*


I used papers from Simple Stories Generations because the colors fit my home perfectly.
No light, bright pastels here...
I'm totally into the earthy shades of browns, reds, greens...
they make me feel so warm and comfortable.


I used some mailing twine on the button to keep with the rustic feel...
tea stained the edges to give the idea of "history"...
and then attached it to a canvas background.


And then I went back and revisited my first idea...
and I believe improved it because it still wasn't such a good idea...
and created this...


I stamped various images from Neighborhood and Home Sweet Home onto canvas and then hand stitched to create the "Country Sampler" feel from long ago...
and I'm just going to apologize ahead of time and say "I'm sorry"...
but I love this!
It turned out so much better than I "saw" in my mind...
and that never happens because...
well...
let's just say I have quite the imagination and we'll end there!
*giggle*


Again I stayed with the rustic feel...
and though it's hard to tell in these pics...
I heavily tea stained the edges and then went in with a Copic to give some slight "aging" to the individual images themselves...


The only color to this is the hearts located throughout that I filled in with a red Copic...
I had to add a little color right?
And then I finished off with some rustic wooden buttons I found.


This one is staying with me too...
but it would also make a fabulous housewarming gift for a family's new home so I decided to make a sweet and simple card using the same colors to coordinate...


Again I used one of the sweet images from Neighborhood...
I just selectively stamped one of the homes for this...
and then added a sentiment from Home Sweet Home.
A little lace...
ribbon...
a heart pin and it's done!


And that's it for me this week...
are you still here?
If you've held in this long...
God bless you and I hope I've been worth your time...
and that you'll come back because I will have some more goodies to share with you from Market Street Stamps soon!
In the meantime...
if you've never visited Market Street head over and oogle the goodies they have to offer...
they have something for everyone and their stamps are so fabulous...
they stamp so clear and detailed...
and they're peach colored!!
If you haven't already...
you've got to give them a try!


I'm hoping you have a wonderful Easter holiday filled with family and memories...
and gobs of the ever important chocolate!
*giggle*
We're having our nighttime egg hunt here tonight...
and if you don't know what that is check this out...


                                            http://lilluna.com/glow-in-the-dark-easter-eggs/

We've been doing the night time egg hunt for about 4 years...
and my kiddies look forward to it every year!
I found glow-in-the-dark tape and have used it...but this will be our first year using the glow-in-the-dark bracelets inside the eggs so hoping they work well!
And we hunt in-side!
It's Spring...
in TN...
we have snakes...
enough said.
And if you happen to give this a try...
let me know how it worked for you!








The Details:
Stamps: Market Street Stamps Neighborhood and Home Sweet Home
Cardstock: PTI True Black, Kraft, Rustic Cream
Patterned paper: Simple Stories Generations
Dies: PTI Card Base-ics Ticket Corner
Misc: canvas, DMC floss, buttons, mailing twine, lace, ribbon, pin from Maya Road

20 comments :

  1. So glad I get to make the first comment, Renee! Congratulations on the guest designer job, you have outdone yourself today. As you say it, "I Die"!!! These are such warm and cozy bits of home decor, love them all, especially the second with the neat stitching and tea staining. I love the last card with that neat bow and stick pin too. You better make a few more of those framed pieces as I am sure your kids are going be fighting over them years from now, the great memories of what hung in the home where their stories began.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Renee!! Such beautiful projects!! It's no wonder you were chosen:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects! Love your framed art on the canvas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really knocked it out of the park, Ms. Guest Designer;) Seriously, fabulous projects! I'm in love what you did on canvas. The hand stitching is just the perfect detail!!

    And can I just say that the light up eggs is genius? My guys are bit too old for easter egg hunts, but I'm saving that idea for my nieces. Y'all have fun tonight and have a great Easter Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course they picked you, Renee! MSS are a smart bunch! :-D I just love these projects you created! The stamped and stitched one made me gasp--you could sell them, I'm telling you! A big congrats on your honor, and now I'm off the place a MSS order and add the card base-ics die to my PTI wish list! :-D Wonderful, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, you were the perfect choice for the guest designer spot...you are so talented, and this post just WOWs me!! I just love the first frame the most, you're right, so country, and so something perfect for your home! And the second looks just like a needlepoint, I am amazed that you were able to do that, and the card is so sweet :) Glow in the dark egg hunt....awesome idea!! And how cool you met Johnny Cash, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your DT post - I love reading your post - Wow Johnny Cash - AWESOME!!! And a night egg hunt - again - very cool, but your cards are the real star! Love the framed sampler and the different variations on the same theme. They are all very heart warming and have a comfort feel. Well done and to many many more Renee! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post with fabulous projects! Congratulations, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous projects, Renee! I love the framed pieces, and the wooden buttons are just the right touch! Hope you had a great egg hunt, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work!! These are perfectly country chic - a great spin on those sweet houses. Congrats on a FABULOUS job for MSS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Renee - and what a debut!! I just love the homespun charm of these works of art. Rustic, simplistic, homey ... perfect!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with during your term!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renee...Congratulations!!!! Everything you made is just incredible, but then you always make the more awesome cards. Sounds like you had a wonderful childhood growing up so close to Nashville...I bet you have so many more wonderful stories too. Beautiful work, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Renee!! How I love to read your posts!! These projects are superb! I love that you went country and the way you accomplished that as well! These are very cute and very creative!! Congrats on your guest designing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Renee, I am so excited for you! Congrats on being a Guest Designer! No doubt about them picking the right person--your wonderful homespun creations are truly amazing. LOVE the sampler one with the stitching and those sweet wooden buttons! What a perfect keepsake! And your card is gorgeous--the simple image with the black, the lace, the red ribbon & stick pin--gosh, it is SO pretty! Great creations and awesome post--I always love coming to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on getting to be a guest designer! So well deserved. Both projects are so worthy of a spot on any wall. Love the hand stamped sampler you made with the cute buttons.......so creative! Looks like MSS stamps picked the right girl to GD .....You you don't like country music!!!!!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What fabulous projects! I just LOVE the sampler. You did amazing work here. Just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee, your creations are amazing! I love the homespun feel they have, and the lace on your card is gorgeous!

    Johnny Cash? WOW! I think he sings "Ring of Fire," right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. GIRL!
    I don't even know what to say. Congratulations on the guest spot and your creations are amazing. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wahoo!!!! Renee, these are absolutely fabulous!!! You certainly did your stuff when it came to this post! I love the Simple Stories papers and how you used them to paper piece.....it looks perfect to me and I couldn't have known it was your first! Your stitched project looks just as amazing as the first time I saw it! I'm so glad that MSS chose you for their guest this month as these projects are OUTSTANDING!!! Well done my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats renee! Enjoy your Guestie. They are lucky to have you. These are so lovely and sweet. I love the introduction of textile. So effective. I can't get any MSS gorgeousness in my neck of the woods, so I will just have to enjoy them through your crafty magic. Again, lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...