Saturday, April 28, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #95

Good Saturday morning everyone!
4 more weeks! ;)
And if you're behind a little and don't know quite what I'm talking about...
Summer Break!!!
I can't wait!
I have so many stamps and projects that I want to use and do...
and that's not even including the home projects I need to get to!
After falling at the start of Summer last year...
I didn't accomplish much all Summer break.
I love painting and usually give the rooms a fresh coat every year or two...
it's been a while now for some rooms and they are in desperate need...
so I have samples taped to the walls...
fabrics waiting to be sewn...
rugs waiting to be braided...
a busy Summer!
But I can stay up late...
sleep in...
I'll be on my own schedule and I love that thought!

So since it's Saturday...
you know what Saturday's always bring right?
A new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
This week we have another fabulous sketch from the wonderfully talented Karin...
Isn't it fabulous?
I have to admit I was a little stumped at first and well...
and when I'm stumped...
I go simple!
Here's what I came up with using Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns and Compact Sentiments...


I love that Harlequin Pattern that Anya so brilliantly included in this set...
I just melt over it...
and it lines up so perfectly!
But if you look close you'll also notice the stripes and the small houndstooth patterns that are also included with this set.
I thought the lines kind'a looked like notebook paper...
so I stamped them onto a notebook die cut and then stamped a versatile sentiment from Compact Sentiments on to the front.
You know how I love the $1 spot at Target, Michael's...anywhere!
I found those crocheted flowers at Michael's a while back and thought they would be perfect for this!

So are you ready to get inky and join in the fun?
Take a hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and feast upon all the eye candy that the Mischief Makers have to inspire you...
and then link up your creation so we can stop by and oogle!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

And are you still drooling over the gorgeous sets from last release?
Well...here's your chance to win some!
Waltzingmouse is Moxie Fab this week...
which we already knew that ;)...
and you can have the chance to win 5 of the sets from the last release just for stopping by here and leaving a comment!
But do it before Sunday night!
That's when the contest closes!
And...
next release is right around the corner!
You want to make sure to check Claire's blog for upcoming details so you don't miss anything...
are you excited?
I am!!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
I'm off to strip wallpaper and get the small bath ready for some fresh paint and new curtains!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns and Compact Sentiments
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, True Black and Rustic White
Dies: PTI Notebook
Misc: flowers, buttons

15 comments :

  1. Renee, I love your expert combination of patterns! The colors compliment each other so well, and I love the way you've created your own lined paper. It makes me so happy that you enjoy using HP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come over and help me paint anytime! We have several rooms that haven't been done since we moved here almost 4 years ago, and I plan to tackle some of them this summer!
    I love your "simple" take on the sketch--and those awesome crochet flowers! I especially love the unique stripes on the notebook paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you talking last year about looking forward to your pj days during the summer and also remember how busy you still were. Your slow days would be what I consider an action-packed day! I love your harlequin stamped background, I can tell you are loving that stamp. I goes really well with that cute sentiment and notebook page. I also love the crochet flowers, adds an elegant touch to what you called "a simple card". I don't think it's simple at all, it's detailed and well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Renee, the argyle background is amazing and those crocheted flowers are wonderful. The notebook focal is one of my favourite die cuts. My daughter is packing up her bookshelves this weekend, furniture moving to the middle of the room and then paint. She is going from pretty girl lilac to a teenager taupe. My baby is growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Renee!! I have 7 more weeks until summer break!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card Renee! I am really loving that background stamp and just may and to cave and order it. Did you make the flowers? They add such a fabulous touch to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I haven't tried the diamond stamp yet, but the houndstooth ones are a cinch to line up! Great idea to use the lined stamp for the notebook paper!

    Good luck with the painting Renee! I love how painting can make everything feel fresh again:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my FAV colors...and , Anyas' Heirloom patterns!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card Renee! Love the mix of fun WM patterns and sweet flower blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Renee--great use of the different patterns, especially how you created the lined paper! And the crocheted flowers are such a pretty addition! Hope you had a productive day. Stripping wallpaper can be such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card. I love that you made it with only background stamps. Clearly your Target is way better than ours--I can't imagine those flowers were from Target.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can never go wring with black, white, and red, and you sure accomplished a gorgeous card with that combo! Love those flowers you were able to find, the sure give the card that extra something :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well your simple is just gorgeous and well put together! I love those flowers and how awesome that they were a dollar find. As for stripping wallpaper......ill take a rain check!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and those sentiments are what I've been drooling over from WMS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Renee! Those crocheted flowers are so cute, love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...