Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy 29th!!

If you're looking for my Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...click here or just scroll down!




Today is a special friend's very special day...
Joyce (Cards-by-the-Sea) is turning 29...
YAY!!!
*giggle*
OK...it is possible that she may have actually seen this age a couple of times already...
but it makes today no less special...
so some friends are all gathered to wish her the greatest of days...


Here is my card I made just for her...
which I know she's seeing here first because well...
par for me...
I'm late!!
SURPRISE!!!
*giggle*
I really hope the mailman delivers it today though...


When I saw this card from Amy (Stamp'n'Paradise) during a Market Street release...
I just loved it...
I died...
so I "borrowed" her idea of trying to recreate a little subway art using Waltzingmouse Back in the Saddle

Here's a list of everyone here to wish Joyce a Happy, Happy Day...




And if you've never visited her at her blog...
take a moment and pop over to wish her huge happiness on her special day!
She is just such a treasured friend...
so friendly and sweet...
always there with an encouraging word...
so positive and energetic...
a creative soul...
we're all so lucky to call her our friend!



Edit: 5-5-12  
Because I'm me...
and I also had a really busy day yesterday...
ok...a really busy week and I'm behind about 5000 posts on my blog reader...
I just realized this also fits the CAS-UAL Fridays challenge for this week...


A challenge blog I don't get to participate in as much as I would like...
BUT...
Summer break is almost here so that also means I get more hours in each day...
right?
*giggle*
YAY!!!
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY CAS-UAL FRIDAYS!!
Before you came along I never even attempted CAS...
so thank you for all the inspiration!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Back In the Saddle
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, Raspberry Fizz
Misc: mailing twine, lace (Thank You , Sharron! ), flower

23 comments :

  1. Absolutely adorable!! I love the subway art look and you nailed it with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome card, Renee! Love all the beautiful sentiments as focal point. I am sure Joyce will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I love the mixture of all the sentiments you chose, and how cute they are! Joyce is going to adore this card :) And don't worry, mine will be late too as it is sitting here ready to be mailed! I was worried of ruining the blog hop surprise if I sent it earlier ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card!! what a coincidence....I'm turning 29 {again}this year too;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Renee! You crack me up! I'm sitting here laughing... if only? right!!! Your card is awesome - love all the WM goodness and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee Joyce will love this card, what a fabulous birthday wish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, what a fabulous card! I love the subway art look and you really nailed it. I am sure that Joyce will love your card as much as you! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card!!! Three exclamation point kind of card. I love those great sentiments from the WM set, and the flower and little strip of lacy trim really adds an elegant feel to the western themed sentiment. Great job Renee, Joyce will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, Renee! That added flower is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yee-haw... very, very cool! Love the way all the fun sayings flow - perfect for our special cowgirl, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Renee for your beautiful card, and for your kind words. Especially about turning 29, which I have now done so many times, I have lost count. I love this card--all those sentiments all over the card like word art--so super fun. I'm sure I will like it in person, too (ha ha). Thanks so much for celebrating my birthday (and me!) and for being such a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful card!! This is just perfect and all those sentiment placingd are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This set looks great in pink! Such a sweet card for a sweet girl. ( ok lady now that she is 29) . Joyce is going to love this one , I will not buy this set! I have to keep telling my self that. Hope it works. Enjoy your weekend Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card Renee! Surely your friend will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just the coolest card--love the subway art! And doing it in pink and adding the rose and bit of lace made a fabulous girlie card! Joyce will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun and creative card you have created for your friend. I'm always in awe of all the various ways crafters use the Way Out West set...your design is so trendy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card, Renee! I love how you combined all the stamped sentiments, such an striking focal point! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there! Love the whole idea of this blog hop for Joyce's birthday. Your card is is SO cute! The touch of lace and the flower with a western theme makes me think of Gunsmoke and Ms Kitty and the "dance hall girls" wearing garters! In case you don't know what I'm talking about, Joyce does. It's a 60's thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great cas design Renee! love the touch of flower and lace on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww....Renee. This is so sweet and I'm sure Joyce will love every aspect of this! Your subway art turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My first thought..."Boy! Joyce is YOUNG!" Then it hit me. Hmmmm.

    I love your card and the way you have used the sentiments to make a lovely background-perfect for a girl who is from the way out west!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun is this?!! Love how you combined all of the sentiments to make a "subway art" of sorts. Very clever and fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you blog is like a box full of inspirations. Awesome inspirations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...