Friday, May 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop

It's the 25th...
and you know what that means...
Blog-hop-logo
I know...
sometimes I forget...
but not this month!
The inspirational photo was too stunning to forget...
check this...

Blog hop inspiration

Can I just say that I love those gingham dishes!!
And I don't know exactly what's inside the bowl...
I don't know if it's even edible...
doesn't matter because I wouldn't touch it...
my 3 yr. old eating habits at work again...
*giggle*...
but even it's gorgeous!
These colors are just stunning!
And for me they portray such an elegance...
and that is unfortunately something that does not belong at the table with my kids...
*giggle*
But I can still admire them right?

Since the colors spoke of elegance to me...
and I believe elegance is in the simple...
the understated...
I kept my card very simple...


I used my had-it-since-February-never-seen-ink Pretty Peonies...
I know!
But they required fussy cutting until last week and if you are someone who failed scissor cutting in kindergarten...
you avoid it all costs!
But now there's dies and as soon as I got my package I was itching to get this set out and play a bit...
finally!
And now I can finally say "OMGoodness I love this set"...
but the dies are the bomb!
*giggle*
I did keep it very simple...
a little AMuse gingham paper...some PTI satin ribbon...
and one of those fabulous sparklet's that Suzanne (thecardyard)  has gotten me hooked on...
voila!

I'm not going to keep you because I know there are oodles of stops to make...
and well...
I'm done now!
*giggle*

The Details
Stamps: Pretty Peonies
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, True Black, Simply Chartreuse
Dies: Pretty Posies
Misc: sparklet, AMuse gingham paper, PTI satin ribbon

34 comments :

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW Renee! Your card is Amazing - and such perfect take on the picture! Beautiful flower and design!
Hugs, Karin

Elena said...

too funny - they weren't THAT bad to fussy-cut, I promise... but yay for inking up this gorgeous set! And I hear ya on these plates not belonging in a house with kids... sigh. one day, Renee... one day. (hee!)

Marybeth said...

Renee, I love the Peonies on your very elegant card! I fell in love with the gingham plates also. Just beautiful!

andie librandi. said...

very beautiful & elegant! i love that you made the flower green...it's so pretty! :)

Cathy Weber said...

Very pretty Renee,love that black and white gingham paper and the really great bow with sparklie on it. This really reminds me of the inspiration photo, and with that gingham...very you!

Deanna Jean said...

Renee I so glad you were finally able to ink this set up. Beautiful card..love that paper:)

Leigh said...

This is so lovely and elegant, Renee! And I hear you on the Pretty Peonies.... I'm hoping to get a lot more use out of them now that I have the matching dies!

Lisa said...

LOVELY and ELEGANT Renee~fabulous card!

Cassie_lu said...

fabby job with the card and the tones of green for the flower/leaves is perfect.

Jill said...

Your card actually made me say, "Ooh!" Renee! :-) Very elegant, not-so-simple, and quite striking! I love that sparkler--I think I need to get hooked on them too! Lovely, lovely card!

Jen said...

oh, so elegant and classy!! i LOVE it!!

victoria h said...

Gorgeous card. Very elegant- had to laugh about your comment about your children!

Tracey McNeely said...

Renee your card is gorgeous! I am so excited to get my Pretty Peonies dies so that I can CASE this absolutely stunning card. You say it is so simple but I say it is so elegant. Beautiful my friend.

Kara said...

soooo beautiful, Renee!!

Tamara said...

I love your layout on this card - so clean and elegant!

Sara Mac said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my...this is pure gorgeousness! LOVE everything about it.

Kathy Mc said...

Renee, this card is show-stopping beautiful. Love all the elements and the Pretty Peonies just pop. Great job interpreting the challenge ~ very sweet!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love your design! Your flower is amazing ~ I have that set also and I LOVE that dies are with them!

christy compton hall said...

Absolutely... elegant, simple, understated. Just beautiful!

Jeanne J said...

Renee, this is clean classic elegance! Love the crisp lines and that big bloom!

Cindy H. said...

Your card is just so beautiful!! Love the design.

Sharron said...

Oh, WOW--this is positively stunning! So happy to see you using the PP dies. Makes me anxious to try mine out! Love your design--the bit of gingham and the gorgeous bow & sparklet! You did an awesome job with the inspiration photo!!

Kim said...

Renee, this is so beautiful and I am pinning your card too so I can CASE it. That flower is just amazing on the gingham background. Very elegant!

Melissa said...

So pretty, Renee! The peonie looks beautiful in green!

Michelle said...

Wow, Renee, this is definitely elegant! I love it! And you have made me very happy that I have just placed an order for those dies. I HAVE been using my Pretty Peonies, but without cutting out. :-) I also failed kindergarten cutting-out lessons, LOL!

Karen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

carol (krillsister) said...

Renee,
Your card is stunning in its simplicity. Love how you stamped the peonies in the chartreuse. The gingham is dive. Love that sparklet. Have to check it out.

Deborah Frings said...

Simply fabulous! I love these flowers (think they're on the "need" list) - the colours are right up my street :) Love it.

Inkyfingers said...

This is gorgeous Renee and you've sold me on getting the dies to go with the stamps that have not yet seen ink!

Christina said...

Sooo striking and elegant! Love this, Renee.

Cassi said...

so beautiful, just love your use of pretty peonies!

Terri said...

Great card. Love your use of the peonies dies with the black gingham.

Lori said...

Lovely, elegant design! The green flower stands out nicely against the black gingham background.

Joyce said...

I think that this is one of my favorite cards of yours. Just beautiful. I love your interpretation on the sketch. I didn't even know you had this set.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...