Saturday, May 5, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch #96

Hi, everyone!
Hope you are having a fabulous weekend where you are!
I'm still working on a small bath...
got sidetracked this week...
but I'll be plugging away again today with it!
Hopefully it will be finished by the end of the weekend and then I can get new curtains and things next week!

So...it's Saturday!
Only 3 more weeks...
YAY!!
It already feels like Summer here...
turned on the air last week.
I hate turning it on so early...
but there comes a time when you just have to ask yourself how much can you endure when you know salvation is hanging on the wall and all you have to do is flip a switch?
I'm weak.
But as weak as I am...
that Yankee born man I love and married...
he's so much more so!
*giggle*
So are you already experiencing Summer temps where you are?
Well...
I have the solution!
Flip the switch on the 8th wonder of the world on the wall...
grab a cold Dew...
and get inky because it's time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
*giggle*
This week with have such a fabulously fun sketch from our amazing DT Kelly...


I told you this one was fun...
and I had so much fun doing this...


I used...
new to me...
Waltzingmouse Back in the Saddle!
And please answer me this...
how I did I resist this set for so long?!!
It is so much fun...
has some of the best sentiments...
and as soon as I saw Kelly's sketch...
I knew exactly what I was going to do!
I did a little flip...
used a square instead of a circle...
and created little flags out of "made for this set" paper...October Afternoon's Sasparilla.
That fabulous twine ribbon...
Ribbon Carousel!
And used some mailing twine and a "why do I have 5000 of them when I almost never use them" brad to hopefully make the sentiment look like a wall hanging...
did it work?

So ready to join me and my fellow Mischief Makers in some air conditioned fun?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all their amazing inspiration and then go get inky!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product on your project...
and link up for your chance to win the stamp set of your choice just for playing along!

And that's not all this week!
Claire is having a small release on the 8th...
you can read all the details here...
and make sure you leave a comment because she is giving away an awesome prize to one...
maybe two...
maybe three...
how high can we go...
lucky participant(s)!!
And make sure to check out all the incredibly amazing samples that the design team will have for you...
they always just blow me away and I'm just left in awe!

Hope you have a wonderful week...
and can't wait to see what you create!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Back in the Saddle
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Sasparilla
Misc: buttons (PTI), twine ribbon (Ribbon Carousel), mailing twine, brad 

13 comments :

The Paper Parade said...

I love the way you flipped the sketch and created those cute little banners! The colors are perfect to go along with the western theme, and that neat twine is such a great texture for the card!

Olga said...

Gorgeous card Renee! Love how you flipped the sketch and made little flags on the buttons. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracey McNeely said...

How fun is this card Renee. I love the papers and that tag is fantabulous!

Kim said...

Ok Renee, you have to stop this craziness and quick! This card is just too cute and I am not a western girl at all other than I live on the west coast, but every card you make showcasing another WMS that I don't have or feel I need until you work your magic! I'm sure my husband will be getting in touch with you soon to collect what I have been spending on WMS!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh how fun Renee! LOVE the fun pennant banner and the Western theme! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joyce said...

Just such a fun card. Makes me wish I were a cow girl (and I HATE horses!). I love how you flipped the sketch. I am spacially challenged, and cannot flip a sketch in my mind. Failed all those standardized tests. So, I'm double impressed.

Sharron said...

Adore your flipped version of the sketch! The square and pennants work great with the western theme. And I love the patterned papers and the twine--especially the braided piece! You're making another set very tempting! And I didn't think I would ever be interested in a western theme!

Christina said...

C.U.T.E! Love the rustic fibers and little banners!

Vickie Z said...

Love those papers and the flags with buttons are wonderful!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love this Renee! what fun papers for the western set - love the buttons and banners!

Cyndie said...

Golly, what a fun card! I love the little banners you have made, and that patterned paper is just PERFECT with this set! Great get-well card!

Amy said...

Oh goodness this is sooo cute! I love the little banners and the rustic feel you created here! Love!

Marybeth said...

Oh, not sure how I missed this one Renee. I love it! It's so American! Love the colors , the adorable flags and the twine you used. Such a sweet western card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...