Saturday, May 19, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #98

Hello everyone!
Hope you have had a wonderful week!
By this time next week Summer break will have started for 3 of my kiddies...
Hunter has 3 days the week following Memorial Day...
but I think I'm safe to say...
YAY!!
Summer Break!!
No schedule...
jammie days...
sun...
crafting...
and oodles of projects!!

Now not going to keep you long...
I'm right in the middle of that bath makeover again.
Suddenly I found my schedule jammed and no time so it's been frozen for a couple of weeks...
but I'm hoping by tomorrow night I'll be done with papering!
It's the only room in the house with wallcovering...
and I can't wait to show you what I've done!

So this week at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge we have an incredible sketch from the amazingly talented Lynn Mercurio...

and you may recognize it...
it's based off this fabulous card that Lynn showcased during the February release using French Country...


and I was thrilled to see this sketch because I loved this card and swore I was going to CASE it...
so of course I needed a kick to actually do it!
*giggle*
And here's what I did with it...


A CAS using Asian Gardens and  Asian Garden Additions!
I just took various images from both sets and stamped them on small squares...
except for the tree...
and I popped a few of those blooms just to add a little something!

OK...you have to give this one a try!
This sketch is so fabulous and can be interpreted so many ways...
go pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and see all the incredible eye candy the Mischief Makers have cooked up for you for a little inspiration!
Then get inky and link up your creation with the link provided and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product!
And while you're visiting the Sketch Blog...
take a moment and welcome our new addition...
Jeanne Jachna!!
Her creations just leave me with my mouth hanging in awe...
she's so amazing and I'm so glad she has joined us!!

And in case you weren't aware...
we were so saddened to hear of the passing of Claire's mum last week
and Blog Party was postponed till this coming Thursday...
May 24th...
so there's still plenty of time to get a project done and join us!
You can get all the details at Claire's blog here.

And have you heard about our Big Cheese?
There's another chance for a free stamp...
so you don't want to miss this!
And all you have to do is show us your creations...
any creations...
using Waltzingmouse products!!
Just visit the forum and click on "Gallery" and look for the current week then leave a link to your project in your gallery and that's it!! :)

Hope you have a wonderful week...
and I'll be looking for you Thursday!
And Claire...you're in our thoughts, hearts and prayers!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens and Asian Gardens Additions
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, True Black, Berry Sorbet
Misc: bling


18 comments :

  1. Your card is sooo beautiful Renee! Wonderful take on the sketch!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee - this is wonderful. Clean, simple and stunning. I love the simplicity of the design. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renee, talk about mouths hanging open...that's what happened when I saw this stunner for the first time! It's sooo beautiful, and sleek, and chic :)! I just love the melon color with the touches of black. The popped up cherry blossoms are so perfect! You SHOULD have cased this card sooner because you know how to rock this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Love the something extra with the popped up flowers. Yay for summer break! I have 21 days to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have shown so many wonderful images from these sets. LOVE!! I'm going to give this sketch a try! Oh BTW.....I have car news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous sketch and even more fabulous card! That stamp set is just so beautiful, and the black layering is perfect for those images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the really sleek look of your card today Renee. This sketch looks difficult, but your card made it look so easy! I love the sentiment on that long panel in the center. You came up with a great one once again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy summer to you! Sounds like you have a lot of nothing planned! Yay. I always seem to be busier in the summer than during the school year--I must be doing something wrong. Anyway, I absolutely adore your card for today. I didn't see how that sketch could be a card until I saw what you did with it. Just perfect. And, what a cool stamp set that is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Renee with the Asian stampings - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, this is a great take on the sketch! I love how this sketch showcases so many different elements, and that you stamped them in pink is so neat! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been doing at the house when you share the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous use of this set and the sketch! Remember lynn's card and it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, Renee! Did you draw those little stitches? WAY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous , it so fresh and clean. The Asian stamp is so pretty stamped like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely lovely card Renee. The colour is so pretty and I love your version of the sketch. Those stamp sets are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Asian theme is beautiful. I love the monochromatic look and the black frames - reminds me of the black lacquer. Great take on the sketch! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOLY MOLY I pinned the first one. Seriously one of the best cards I have seen in a while, Renee! LOVE it. The colors kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMgoodness! Seriously, you should put that in a frame because it's a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Renee--this is such a stunning take on the sketch! Love how you used just three colors and created such an incredible card! Those sets were great choices--such a classic, clean look! And the popped up blossoms make the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...