Saturday, May 12, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge # 97

Good Saturday Morning everyone!
Hope you had a fabulous week...
but I sure am glad it's over!
There has been so much going on that I don't think I've even had time to breathe...
much less anything else.
And it's not over!
More running today because it is baby child's birthday!
Going out for some fun this morning...
then Haley has one more performance of her middle school play this afternoon...
and then we get the prize of all dinners...
picked by Dinky himself...
McDonald's!
GROAN!!!
I know...
but it's what he wants!
I tried to talk him into something else...
so far no luck...
but the day's not over yet!
*giggle*

But it IS Saturday...
and we know how much fun Saturday's are...
right?
Time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
YAY!!!
And this week we have a fabby sketch by our own very talented Lynn Mercurio...

Isn't it great?
There's so many things you can do with this...
but because I'm always on time and so prepared for things...
*giggle*
I used it for a Mother's Day card for my mom!


I used the fabulous Waltzingmouse French Country and Chicken Wire for this one...
the perfect sets for my mom!
She's all country...
and loves roosters!
You should see her kitchen!
And these sets are so perfect...
it's like Claire made them just for me so I could make things just for her!
The sentiment is from Say It With Style...
and on the inside...


a little Fancy Phrases!
I love how this particular set has sentiments that incorporate more than one in the sentiment...
"we"...
"our"...
those are so hard to find and sometimes you really need them...
but Claire's got your back!
*giggle*

OK...because I have a little guy ready to start "Dinky Day"...
I'm going to keep this short!
But you have to go and check out all the incredible inspiration over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog from all the amazingly talented Mischief Makers...
and then go and get inky!
Link up your creation so we can cruise by and oogle your talent...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

And did you catch the new release on Tuesday?
Claire has created some of the best sentiment sets...
ever!!
You have to go and check them out...
along with the much requested and highly anticipated Half Pint Heroines to coordinate with Half Pint Heroes!
And don't forget about the Blog Party on the 17th!
Check out all the details on Claire's blog here...
and I can't wait to see you there!

Wishing all the mothers everywhere a very Happy Mother's Day!
And after the week I've had...
I hope mine is spent in bed!
*giggle*


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse French Country, Chicken Wire, Fancy Phrases and Say It With Style
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, True Black and Stamper's Select
Die: PTI Skateboard, Tiny Tags
Misc: ribbon, button, twine, lace(Waltzingmouse)

15 comments :

  1. Renee your card is fabulous and your mom will just love it. The background you created with the roosters is so gorgeous and that ribbon is beautiful. Happy Mother's Day mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Dinky has a Happy Birthday...loved your card today with the pretty gingham ribbon. I always think of you when I seem gingham ribbon! It looks so nice with the chicken wire and those roosters. I am sure your mom will love it, hope you get a chance to enjoy your Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable card!! have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this little guy sure gets around...he is just so dang cute and your card is so fabulous. The colors are just perfect for that little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. Love this classic sketch. Happy birthday to Dinky and happy mother's day to you. McDonalds, really--you need to send that boy to me for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Dinky Day!!! Now you go an enjoy that Mickey D's meal...what a treat! ;) Love how you turned the card on its side, the gingham bow is perfect! And I love that little rooster tag on the side. So Suzanne called today and told me that I needed to talk her out of a certain set, but unfortunately I couldn't do it...I told her to call you and she's like she couldn't help either!! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Dinky :) Ugh, never let a kid pick out the dinner spot...must give a choice "Restaurant A or B" with C being Mickey D's, heeeee! No, I love me some McDonald's in moderation. It just seems kids like it in maxeration!!! Annnnnd...I just love this card! There's nothing better than black, white, and red. I love the rooster tag to match your homemade rooster patterned paper in the background! The inside is so sweet, TOO! Hope you all have a fabulous days...would you like fries with that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute story... Happy Mother's Day! I just may have to CASE this card. I love everything about it! I was the rooster in Bremen's Town Musicians in HS drama ministry :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Renee! Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day and I saw this wonderful card! Yikes, I love this stamp set-I have been thinking about it for a while and now PTI is coming out with something similar-choices, choices...Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Some of my FAV colors and can never get enough of these WM stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the right elements, Renee--love the colors, the gingham ribbon, the chicken wire, the inside--just a gorgeous card! I'm sure your mom loved it! Hope Dinky had a wonderful birthday! Happy Mother's Day to you too! Did you get pampered!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is just wonderful! Love the strong colours - I'll bet your Mum loved it. I really like the way you've done the inside too!

    Hope Dinky had a super day - kid's ideas of birthday are always so different to ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope Dinky had a wonderful birthday , and you a wonderful Mother’s Day! Did staying in bed all day ever come true. Beautiful card love the bold colors and the gorgeous gingham ribbon. Sometimes I think all you need is gingham ribbon and the card will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful, Renee! Love your red ribbon with the lace, the button and the cute tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card using this set! You're wearing me down!!!! Love the little tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...