Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's a Celebration!

Edited: I didn't know if it would be up so I didn't say anything just on the chance something happened...but check out our new look at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog...
and you can grab this new incredibly fabulous badge while you're there!

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog


All designed by the uber talented Anya Schrier!  Thank you Anya!




That's right!
Big News!
I've been waiting for this day and now it's finally here!
Now you know today is Saturday...
the bestest day of the week...
and you know what every Saturday brings...
right?
A new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
YAY!!
And today is no different...
EXCEPT...
this week is Super Duper Extra Special!
And it's Super Duper Extra Special because...
today marks our...

100th Sketch Challenge!!!

Can I get a BIG...
YAY...


WHOO-HOO...


YEE-HAW...
or just whatever expression may be your own personal favorite...
as long as it requires exclamation points!!!
*giggle*
Because we are celebrating...
BIG TIME!!
Only first...
you have to see our ultra fabulous sketch from the wonderfully talented Edna Morrisedie...



I told you it was fabulous!
*giggle*
Are you already thinking?
Figuring out sets you want to use...
colors...
papers...
ohhhh...
you're gonna want to!
And yes...
I'm horrible for keeping you in suspense over the big news but what do expect from someone who told her boys her minivan was actually an Autobot named Minnie and transformed each night while they were asleep to fight Decepticons just so she wouldn't have to admit she was responsible for the chocolate candy wrappers I she forgot to dispose of?
And yes...
Minnie ate them.
She needed a burst of energy because fighting the laundry and traffic those evil Decepticons is exhausting!
Really.
*giggle*
I also love just keeping you in suspense...
but you're one step closer because here's what I did with this fabby sketch...


I had to use the new Compact Sentiments 2 for this one...
I fell head over heels when I saw this sentiment...
because it just so happens that being Southern means not only do I hear it quite often...
I also use it quite often around here!
And in Claire's fabby font...
what could be more perfect?
Oh!
I know!
Adding some of those adorable bees from Lil' Buddies!
They are the icing on the cake with this one!
Just stamped and colored with a Copic...
then added some MS ultra fine glitter in white to make their little wings pop...
and finished them off with some hand drawn flight lines.
I found that paper hidden in Echo Park's This and That Charming pad...
a couple of scallops...
some lace and twine...
and that big black button...
there we go!

So now are you ready to play?
Oh!
I forgot to tell you what you're playing for?
I guess I should tell you that...right?
Well...
as you know every week there's a random lucky participant who will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along but this week...
there will be random lucky participants just for playing along!
For every 50 cards or projects linked up...there will be one stamp set won.
So one set for the first 50...
50-99...2 stamp sets.
100...3 stamp sets...
you get the idea!
And you can enter as many times as you like...
the sky's the limit!
BUT in addition to that...
and our weekly Top Mouse awards...
one participant will be chosen to be Guest Mischief Maker for a month!!!
NOW can I get a whopping YAY?!!!
You need to hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog because one...
you have to check out all the incredible, inspiring eye candy from the Mischief Makers and the Design Team...
I promise you won't be disappointed!
And two...
Lynn is so much better with all the fine details than I am...
I just like spilling the beans!
*giggle*
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and don't worry!
Claire being the incredible rare and true gem she is...
she's got your back!
Stop by the store here and check out her freebies if your lacking some Waltzingmouse in the house!

And don't forget about the Waltzingmouse Blog Party that is held every month on the 17th on Claire's blog...
you can find all the details here!
Lynn has picked an incredible inspiration pic that is sure to get the creative juices flowing this month!

And don't forget The Big Cheese!
Make sure to also upload your fabby creations to your gallery and look for the current week on the forum to leave a link!

Now that you're in the know...
time to scoot!
And then get busy...
because I can't wait to see everything you create!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderfully, creative week!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Compact Sentiments 2 and Lil' Buddies
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Harvest Gold, True Black
Dies: Spellbinders, MFT
Patterned Paper: Echo Park This and That Charming
Misc: lace (American Crafts), twine (The Twinery), button (PTI)

27 comments :

  1. Seriously Renee your card is gorgeous! The scallop border is amazing. Now for your stamping, those bees are the bee's knees. I adore the glitter wings and that font and sentiment rock! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh with your post. Love this one Renee. Love the colors , the glitter bees,The way you tied the twine, the scaloped boarders, all of . Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One od my very favorite cards of yours Renee! This one is so cute. I love those little bees that go with your sentiment...perfectly! i love the patterned paper you chose and that lace, wow that lace with the twine. You made the 100th sketch very special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and fun card. I love it, even though I am terrified of bees! I am definitely playing along this week. Just you wait and see...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, Renee! The glitter on the bees wings is just sparkly perfection! I love the lace trim and that big ole' black button! And you, my friend, are the bees knees! I am off to come up with something good (I hope)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bees and this sentiment!! On my wish list! Love the papers, twine, wonky scallop border...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Renee...those bees are so adorable and love that plaid paper, the colors are so perfect for your card and that lace just adds a bit of elegance to your already wonderful card. I'm not sure what I look forward to more, your cards or your stories, they are just so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your post, 'cuz it made me smile and LOVE your card 'cuz it's just so perfect! Told you I thought it was one of your very best!! You select such awesome color combos and, of course, plaid is always a winner, plus the lace! The scalloped border looks fantastic and the little bees are adorable--can't get better than the bees with the cute sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those BEES! Oh my! Where are those? I did not see them in the website!? Oh! They are fantastic - the whole card is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card Renee! Love the little bees buzzin' about and their shimmery, puffy wings! Great mix of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute!! love those little bee wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH FUN FUN FUN!! My hubby is gone this week for work :( BUT I do plan to IGNORE the house and CREATE (and make more mess) so I plan to play along.. now to figure out my stamp set.....
    oh and I LOVE your story about Minnie.. hmmm thinking we need a MINNE too! ;)
    Have a GREAT day Renee!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee, AWESOME!!! Love the "bees knees" - that plaid paper, and the "cloud" trim! You totally rocked this! Too sweet for words! Love it Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable, Renee!! I just ordered all of the compact sentiments and can't wait to use them! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so wonderfully sweet - LOVE it! Love reading your posts too!
    Have a great week, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your project is amazing, as always. You never cease to amaze me with your creative attention to detail, which is so apparent with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Renee! I LOVE your card!! The bees are soooo Cute, and what a wonderful design! Love the colours, the beautiful lace trim and the layered scallop border. Just Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I just love this Renee! I love the colours and the texture on the little bees wings! I can't wait to use the sentiment myself, so I may have to case your yummy card! It works so perfectly with the little WMS bees!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, this card is the ultimate in cute! Totally love that color combo, the adorable bees, the scallopy border, and the touch of sparkle. And your minivan story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just LOVE that expression and you made the cutest home for it! Love the patterned paper, colors, twine and those glittered wings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Renee--adorable card! It stood out immediately to me on the sketch blog and I kind of squealed when I saw it was yours! (Hee!) I love: the plaid paper, the glittery bee wings, the big giant button, and the trim and twine right next to each other like that! This card 'bee' terrific! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is just super adorable Renee!! So much so that I had to show my daughter. I collect bee skeps, and adore bees, so when I saw what you did with this sketch, I just swooned!! LOVE the plaid bg and the sweet scallops. They both showcase these charmers beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my Renee! You do adorable so well:) I love your trio of glittery bees! Love that you used plaid too! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your bees are so cute Renee! The background is also beautiful with the lace, the twine and the button! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is a FABBY card!!! I love it all :) even tho I don't always post, I just love what you have to say ;) and create

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those bees are darling! I love the wings! SO so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gaaaa! This is just awesome! I love that font in the sentiment soo much! I have to smile every time you share one of your stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...