Saturday, June 9, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #101

OMGoodness!
Y'all all did such an amazing job last week celebrating Waltzingmouse's 100th sketch...
I was totally blown away...
awed...
and inspired by of your creations!!
All of you...
standing ovation!!
You deserve it!

And now because it's Saturday...
the bestest day of the week...
it's time for another fabulous Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
You're going to love this one from our wonderfully talented Edna Morrisedie...

Isn't this one a fun one?
And here's what I did...


I've had this fabulous plaid ribbon from Ribbon Carousel for a bit and have wanted to use with French Country and this was the perfect sketch for it!
I stamped my background with that incredible background stamp that I just die over every time I see it...
a stylin' purple rooster...
and the sentiment is from my favorite sentiment set...
Say It With Style.
Now the bow...
don't laugh at it...
I know it needs work.
But I saw this incredible bow on Jeanne's (A Kept Life) blog the other day...
and I wanted to do it too...
but her's is so FLUFFY!!!  (said in my best Agnes...Despicable Me...voice)
I tried.
I'll keep trying.
But isn't the ribbon gorgeous...
and doesn't it look perfect with French Country?

Alright...we're ready to see what you can create with this!
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog and check all the eye candy the Mischief Makers have for you...
and then link up so we can stop by and oogle!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
And don't forget to also upload to your Waltzingmouse gallery and then provide a link on the forum for the weekly Big Cheese...
another prize to be won!

Also...don't forget about Waltzingmouse Blog Party on the 17th!
You can find all the details on Claire's blog here!

OK...I'm off!
Hope you have a fabulously wonderful weekend!
We finally got our patio poured and we're going to be working on a landscaping wall this weekend...
and it's hot but not July hot yet so I want it done before I have to stay inside praising the miracle of the 8th wonder of the world...
air conditioning!

Edited to add:  A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to VICKIE ZIMMER for being chosen to be our Guest Mischief Maker!  YAY!!  I know she will do amazing and inspiring things for us all!




The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse French Country, Say It With Style
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Winter Wisteria
Ribbon: Ribbon Carousel(plaid), satin (misc.), twine (The Twinery)
Misc: bling

18 comments :

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like this!! Love the colours and the background pattern is so pretty. I think your bow is AMAZING!!

And I have to agree with you that Air Conditioning is magnificent!

Claire Brennan said...

Gorgeous Renee, just gorgeous!! Love you to bits missy!!

The Paper Parade said...

Renee, that ribbon is a showstopper! I love all the different layers, and how much of a statement it makes!

Suzanne said...

I love the bow, Renee! It makes the whole card so unique! Love the color scheme too...this is one of your best!!!

Kelly S. said...

OH this is soooo pretty, Renee! I just love the colors and that ribbon is droolworthy...although that would probably make it LESS pretty in real life, hee! I must break out the Winter Wisteria soon, because it sure is lovely and with green, droo...I mean, SWOON.

I digress, but do you watch the Bachelorette? Emily was very surprised when Dolly Parton appeared 2 weeks ago and she kept saying "I could DIE, I could just DIE" And I heard YOU! I finally know exactly what you sound like when you "say" it on all of our blogs, heeee!

Joyce said...

Wow--what a pretty card. Your bow is fabulous--you are too hard on yourself. Anyway, who would notice, with that fabulous plaid ribbon. Who would have thought of plaid ribbon. And, that rooster is so stylin' in purple.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Love your cool AND beautiful take on the sketch! Perfect choice of colors and wonderful design too!
Have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin

Tracey McNeely said...

Renee this is such a WOW card! You and French Country rock, and that will be the set I purchase first when I take the Waltzingmouse leap of faith.

Kim said...

Ok, this is just too darn cute...the rooster in purple, so clever. Fabulous background too and those ribbons so stunning. I have to go and check out the Ribbon Carousel now, I have been trying to hold out but after seeing your card I can't do that any longer.

Cathy Weber said...

Extra pretty card this week Renee, that ribbon is gorgeous...your bow is fabulous, no practice needed. I love that twine bow added to it too! All of it is perfect with French Country and the beautiful winter wisteria paper.

Sharron said...

Oh, WOW--this is squeal-worthy wonderful!! The colors are fabulous and your bow is GORGEOUS! Love how you combined ribbons & twine--and the plaid is the best! Thanks for reminding me that I haven't opened my Winter Wisteria yet--and I have some very special ribbon that matches perfectly!!!

Vickie Z said...

I think the bow is wonderful and the plaid ribbon is gorgeous!! You and Jeanne can both do purple so well and I just break out in a sweat over it, LOL!! Love French country and that is a stylin' rooster!! Thanks for the shout out- I'm tickled pink!!!

Jeanne J said...

Renee - Seriously???? That bow is crazy good girl! You nailed it completely! I love the purple and green - the plaid... most definately drool worthy!! I am totally lovin this card!

cbuswell said...

Gorgeous! Loving the big bow and fab background stamping!

JJ Bolton said...

Bonk! That's the sound of me bumping my head on my computer screen trying to get a better look at that fantastic bow, lol!

So, so pretty Renee! And I love how you did the French Country set in purple and green. Such an unexpected (but beautiful) color combo! Hope you're having a great week!

Liz Thomson said...

Just love the green and purple together and yes that ribbon is lovely. Beautiful card.

Marybeth said...

Love your Jeanne bow! That plaid is beautiful! I love the way WMS background stamps are so easy to do amd look perfect every time . I will never tire of that rooster. Enjoy your new patio. How is that kitchen coming along?

Amy said...

Wow, I love the background and the colors Renee! And that bow? Seriously amazing....:) Can't wait to visit with you tomorrow! (finally!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...