Saturday, June 23, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #103

Happy Saturday everyone!
Hope you have had a wonderful week!
Summer has arrived here in the South!
Temps in the mid 90's...
dry...
humid...
and no rain in sight!
But it's the South so we'll see those temps go higher...
more humidity...
less rain...
and brown grass before Summer's over! :)
That's why I try to stay indoors as much as possible and celebrate the joys of the 8th wonder...
air conditioning!
But by the time you read this...
I'll be outside helping hubby finally put up those awnings...
and we've still got the landscaping wall to build...
(we're not very skilled so things take us longer)...
I wish we had been better organized and gotten all this done sooner...
like February sooner...
when it's cool out...
but on the good side...
maybe I'll sweat a few pounds off by the end of the day!
*giggle*
Or  knowing me I'll probably just throw in the towel, sit down and just have a Dew.
It's the way I roll! :)

But since it's Saturday...
it's time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
and do we have a challenge for you this week!
Just out this incredible sketch from Mischief Maker Edna Morrisedie...


Told you!
And it took me a while to figure this one out...
but it was so much fun...
and here's what I came up with....


I had found...
and thought I had pinned...
a picture on Pinterest of cherry blossoms that were painted onto "blurry" patches of white on text...
it was gorgeous and I immediately saw Asian Gardens and those gorgeous blossoms that I just can't seem to get enough of and used that photo for my inspiration...
though in reality I actually forgot to pin the picture...
sorry!
I tried to give the "blurry white" effect with white ink because I went to grab my acrylic paint and discovered I was out...
note to self...
pick up more white acrylic paint...
but it didn't get as "deep" as I had hoped.
Now pop quiz...
I used a page out of one of my most very favorite books of all time...
no worries though...
this was an extra copy...
can you guess what it is?

I used sentiments from Asian Gardens...
just stamped onto small pieces of cardstock...
along with some black pearls to fill in some spaces...
and then attached it all to the front of a Spellbinders Lattice Rectangle.

So are you up for the challenge?
Of course you are!
Drop by the Waltzingmouse Sketch Blog and check out all the incredible inspiration the Mischief Makers have for you...
and then go get inky and link up so we can oogle your creation!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Also...
don't forget to post your project over to your gallery and then provide a link on the current week for a chance to be the Big Cheese and another opportunity for a fabby prize!

And have you heard?
New stamps coming at you on July 1st!
YAY!!
Claire and the incredibly, awe inspiring DT will be starting some previews soon...
so be sure to check Claire's blog for details...
you don't want to miss them!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have an wonderfully crafty week!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, True Black, Berry Sorbet
Dies: Spellbinders
Misc: book page, pearls

20 comments :

  1. Renee, its beautiful! I love the colors you chose, the die in the background, and the way the flowers pop off the page. Good luck with the awnings today, hope you don't melt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--what a beautiful card. Now, that's two cards you have made recently with Asian Gardens, just to make me covet that set. Love the colors you chose, and very cool way to do the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sweating off anything here in Sweden )-: We celebrated midsummer yesterday but had to be indoors all day since it was pouring - so no dancing off anything either...
    Think I said it on the forum but have to say it here too - your card is WONDERFUL - Such perfect design with those beautiful flowers popping off the text bg! LOVE it!
    Have a nice day, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love this pretty blossom and tiny pearls! This is gorgeous.

    Hope you get all the work finished soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Renee. I love those colours such pretty blossoms and cool way you stamped your sentiment. Stay cool in the air con. We lost the humidity yesterday, so it is hot and lovely. Tomorrow promises lots of humidity!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's The Time Traveler's Wife, right? I knew when I saw the names Henry and Clare! Great book!

    Great card too, Renee! Asian Gardens was in my first WMS order and I still love it! You've used it so well here, nestled in that frame . . . with the TTW page . . . some flowers muted & some popped up, and the sweet sentiments and pearls at the bottom! This is a tough sketch, and you did it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Asian Gardens, how do I love thee! lol! I absolutely love the bright color against the text! So pretty!

    I'm an AC girl too! It's been unbearable here in VA the last few days (about 100!) but thankfully it's cooled off a bit! Hope you get all your chores done and get to the relaxing part quickly;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee - you totally nailed this one. I love the Asian Gardens, and your "popped up" flowers - so pretty! The soft pink is beautiful! Just you talking about work is making me sweat! - Hotter than a firecracker here too girl! And a Dew sounds like it might just hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asian Gardens works so beautifully for this sketch and I love your popped up flowers! Awesome die cut too--great frame for your wonderful design! I forget how fantastic Berry Sorbet looks with black--one of those very striking combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Was thinking of those flowers this week...need them BAD, LOL! I live in the south too and it is getting really really hot....we were spoiled with a milder spring! Fabulous use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Renee'. Love these flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the sketch Renee. You make such beautiful cards with Asian Gardens. Love what you came up with using the sentiments at the bottom of the card. Do work too hard in the heat. We have not had bad heat YET but know it will come soon. Its gorgeous out here today :) sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee, this is so classy and elegant and really makes the perfect card to send to a friend. Those cherry blossoms are so beautiful and really make for an incredible card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty Renee - you are persuading me that I need those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee this is LOVELY! I love your take on the sketch!! and have I told you yet how much I ADORE reading your posts.. oh I know I havent! (giggle!!) I do! I DO! I hope you got your outdoor work done!! or enjoyed your DEW!! :)
    Have a GREAT day.. oh and YEAH for new WM on the 1st.. may have to order before our vacation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card, Renee! These flowers are gorgeous!! Love this set too! Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee...I do not envy you and that outdoor work. It's absolutely scorching here in Kansas. Now to this card of yours. Boy when I saw this sketch, I thought wow! But you nailed it....seriously I love how you've done the little layers at the bottom with your sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on you win oh the gift card from Suzanne. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super sweet card Renee! Love the little fussy cut flowers and the pieced sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was a really tricky sketch and you aced it Renee! love the red and the Asian tree/blossoms - a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...