Saturday, June 30, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #104

Happy Saturday everyone!
Hope you have had a fabulous week!
Are you in the throes of a wretched heat wave too?
The official high yesterday in Nashville was 109!
Now that means unofficially...
it was well over 109!
I know this because they measure at the airport...
which I drive by everyday picking up Hunter from school...
(I know! We're on Summer break but when she does have school)...
and that's not the hottest part of Nashville because I always hit the high around the Charlotte Pike area...
right about where I took out a chunk of concrete in the concrete barrier when I hit it at about 55 miles an hour a few years ago in a rainy day accident ...
and totally walked away with just a few bruises!!

So anyway...
I know we were well over 109!
When you open the door the heat just hits you in the face and sucks all the air right outta of ya!
It's the kind of day that you stay inside and celebrate the 8th wonder of the world...
air conditioning!
Though since we are predicted to have an entire week of record breaking temps like this...
I worry about losing power!
Some areas have.

OK...
so I'm inside...
you would think I would just have all kinds of crafty time right?
Wrong!
Let's see this week...
bedroom ceiling repaired from leaking roof...check!
Moved the girls entire room to the DR temporarily...check!
Painted the ceiling and walls in girls room...check!
Celebrated 20 years of marriage...check!
Painted doors and trim in girls room...in process!
Laying new flooring in girls room...in process!
Ruined two batches of banana nut bread by not paying attention...check!
Chased the baby child out of the freezer trying to sneak popsicles at least 20 times a day...in process!
*giggle*
See a busy week!
Where did all my extra Summertime hours go?
But at least I always get to end every week with my favorite challenge of all...
a new Waltzingmouse Sketch!!
And this week we have a gorgeous one from the incredible Teresa Kline...


Told you it was gorgeous!
Now...
this week I did something a little different.
You know how I always say you only need one image to participate in the challenges...
just one...
that's all?
Well...
I thought I would show you how easy that really is...


See?
Can you spot it?
I used the fabulous fonted Compact Sentiments 2 to stamp inside the sun!
Everything else is patterned paper from my oh-I-die-every-time-I-see-it-because-it's-my-new-absolute-favorite-paper-in-the-whole-wide-world Simple Stories Summer Fresh!
And isn't that sentiment perfect for it?
And just one image!
See how easy it is to participate?

So are you ready to join us in this week's gorgeous sketch?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the gorgeous and inspiring creations the Mischief Makers have for you...
and then ink up!
Just remember to use that one Waltzingmouse image...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Also...
don't forget to upload your creation in your gallery and then provide a link on the forum for this week's Big Cheese!


And have you been ogling the new goodies that Claire and Anya are releasing tomorrow?
And what about the new "bitesize" Waltzingmouse sets?
What?
You've missed this?!
Well... you just need to hop over to Claire's blog here and catch up...
they have got some incredible sets being released and you can catch up, ogle the goodies and get all the details for release!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
And for all my American friends...
a Happy and Safe 4th of July!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Compact Sentiments 2
cardstock: PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Summer Fresh
Misc: twine ribbon (Ribbon Carousel), button (PTI), jute twine (Ribbon Carousel), metal pearls




10 comments :

  1. Oh what a darling card Renee! Love the paper pieced sunshine! Has such a country charm! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card........CHECK. If I lived near by I would love to help you. Love this card, so summery. Now I need that paper. Love the way you used those gorgeous papers behind the sun. All the cards are gorgeous this week .

    ReplyDelete
  3. No lazy days of summer for you huh!? Wow you did a lot - maybe if you get it all out of the way now you will have more time later to play... I know ... there will probably be other projects to do right? Well.. glad you snuck off - probably felt great to just sit down by yourself for a few minutes! Your card is great! I love all the bright colors - it reminds me of a patchwork quilt! - So fresh and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterned sunrays - just so beautiful!!! I like the texture on your "ribbon" too!

    You must be totally exhausted - your week has been totally manic! I can't even begin to imagine what 109F feels like - we got to 100F this week in Northville - and that's hot, hot, hot!! I agree that air con is the 8th wonder!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Summer Fresh YES! Best paper ever in the world...until I find the next one that makes me swoon, which will probably be next week, hee! I love how you used them here, everything flows together just perfectly! 109??? I can't even fathom it, not one little bit. It's about 90 here and I can't even take it! And congrats on your anniversary!! I thought 11 years was long, giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! And, 109, you have got to be kidding me? I'm wilting just thinking about it. You are made of some tough stuff. Love this week's card. You are right, I could do so much more with so much less. Except, now I need that paper....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these papers myself! Love the ray paper and sunshine sentiment! I finally got this set and I am in love!! I live in Charlotte and I keep hoping the air won't go out!! We keep telling my daughter not to turn it down lower cause with the heat it won't work!! Popsicles....in this weather it's perfect-who can blame that child!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your take on this sketch Renee - you're so right that you only need to use one stamp. I always seem to used about 5 of them when I take part LOL! Those papers are gorgeous - must get me some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you KNOW I love this paper line and I love your neat sunburst effect with the patterned rays!!! Genius! As for the heat, we've been out sitting in it the last 2 days with one more to go! Love baseball hate heat! But we have a fun cooler trip planned.....Schlitterbahn tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, Renee--your card is just perfection! That paper is just awesome and you used it with just a few extras--wow! Love the jute twine, the button and your fantastic sun! So sorry about the heat--it's even worse than here! Stay inside and keep cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...