Monday, July 30, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas- July Edition

Hi, everyone!
Has this summer flown by or what?!
We're already at the end of July and though I can't believe summer has went by so quickly...
I'm also excited that soon we'll start getting peeks of new Holiday and Christmas goodies headed our way...
which puts why I'm here today into perfect context...
it's time for our July edition of...


This month our hostess with the mostess is Christina...
feast your eyes on all the goodies she sent for us to work with...


Thanks again to Kara for the fabulous pic! :)

Did you see all the goodies?
Some favorites of mine...
Authentique Holiday papers...and she sent SO many of them too...
some Watzingmouse Big Bloom Poinsettia and Very Vintage Labels 18...
WPlus9 Winter Wishes and Poinsettia Patterns
some PTI Photo Finisher die cuts, Fresh Alphabet and Signature Christmas...
Memory Box dies cuts...
satin ribbon...seam binding...
pearls and tiny sparklets...
this kit was FULL of yummy goodness!
Since there's so much to see I won't keep you and I'll just get right to the nitty gritty...





For this last card I stamped some Waltzingmouse Text It on top of the poinsettia before coloring...
I've done this before and I still love the effect!
Is that bad of me to say?
Sorry!
And that sentiment is from one of my all time favorite sets...
And this month I'm making good on using some supplies left over from previous months and since Christina was our hostess decided to CASE a card she did in April...
here's Christina's card...


And here's my almost identical version...


I used another sentiment from Waltzingmouse Compliments of the Season...
that's the only difference!!
I know I...and I believe a few others...am going to start CASE'ing quite a few of these fabulous cards that these incredibly talented ladies display every month...
it's why I hoard the goodies...
and now the hardest thing is deciding WHO to CASE...
there's so many!! :)
And for the record...
I also CASE'd Christina for my 2nd card as well...
loved her layout on this card...



Now you have to go see what everyone has done with this incredible kit...

Cathy
Suzanne
Marybeth
Joyce
Amy
Christina
Kim
Kara
Jessica
Jeanne
Sharron

And be sure to join us next month when Kim is going to be hostess...
and since I have been the recipient of Kim kits in the past...
they are always fabulous and I know those who haven't received one yet will die when they do...
I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!!

17 comments :

  1. Oh Renee......I'm dying here over that last card! It is truly stunning in EVERY way! Such fantastic coloring and the addition of the stamped text was GENIUS and I love it! Thank you so much for starting this group.....I am having a great time with these kits! You're going to get me to buy some WMS yet! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your cards. What holiday goodness. I think my favorite is where you stamped the text right on top of the poinsettia image. As usual, you are doing something fabulous with ribbons and bows on every card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee all beautiful projects. I don't have the kit but I am so CASEing you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible cards! Love the text over the poinsettia image - I am going to try that one day soon! Love to hop around and look at everyone makes! Beautiful, elegant and oh so pretty cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! Love that WMS poinsettia. The colorig is amazing, and love that you're using some of the previous kit leftovers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous crads, Renee!
    I love your coloring and the stamped text!! You chose beautiful cards to case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Wow Renee… Love the way you colored the red poinsettia and used a red background, not sure I would have thought to do
    that , the results are gorgeous. Love the poinsettia with the green leaves too, beautiful! I see you used Complements of the Season too, love that sentiment set. Your cased card if pretty too. Again, great job the month, Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all you got done! How do you have time to do all that? I will never understand how you can tie such a perfect bow, the centers are always absolutely perfectly flat and even! Iove how you layered the two diecuts on the second one and added the silver bells to your bow. The red on red poinsettia was so smart...but my favorite is the one where you stamped text it over the image. Beautiful Renee! You did a fabulous job and even had time to case two cards! Great job with this months kit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Renee I can't believe all that you got done! Love your clean style with just the right amount of bling on each - the satiny ribbon, the gems, the buttons. Your coloring is amazing on those poinsettias giving them so much depth!! And the stamped background on the last one - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous month--I've had so much fun seeing what everyone did with this kit! Your cards are always so crisp and striking, Renee, and this month is no different. I love how you made the patterned paper shine in the first two cards, but those poinsettias are out of this world! They are both so unique and gorgeous, I couldn't possibly pick a favorite. But I love the text stamped over the top of the second one, like a beautiful vintage book page. And what a doll you are to choose one (two!) of my cards to CASE this month. For the record, I think your sentiment looks better than the original! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful creations this month, Renee! I'm already looking forward to the next kit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love all your cards this month. You did an outstanding job coloring those poinsettias. Love the text behind the flower in your last card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Renee--AMAZING! I love them all! The tree with that background and the wonderful contrasting black & white on Card Two--beautiful! So how do you get your bows so perfect? Maybe a little video of the white bow & bells!! Beautiful poinsettias too--the coloring on the last card is awesome and the stamped script looks gorgeous! I think this one is my favorite!! So glad we added the CASE idea this month. Your cards are wonderful! Love having a little nudge to get my stashed supplies out and CASE some of the fabulous designs I've seen every month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Renee! You went above and beyond this month! Those two poinsettia cards are absolutely stunning! I love the text on top of the stamping, it looks totally lovely! And on the first one, wow, the variation of colors is beautiful! I also love the huge bow on card two :) And two cases this month?! You are on a roll, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee, you are just too sweet and I really hope and pray that everyone likes my kits...they are ready to mail. Now on to your cards...just amazingly beautiful and those poinsettias, just breath taking, both of them. Your coloring is so perfect and I am jealous that you are perfect at it! Your bows are so sweet too, but then they always are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You girls are making me jealous with these gorgeous Christmas cards! I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to! How fun to have this group to share card-making with. Well, I do have a favorite-it's the card you cased-I like the sentiment from WMS on yours better than the one you cased. I really like the poinsettia with the script background too...see here I go, I really can't pick a favorite, but then again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am finally here and just dying! Renee, you have really knocked it out of the park. I don't know where to start but I will try - the tree card - it's making me realize how gorgeous the tree is with that diamond pattern. They go together so nicely! And your striped card - awesome. I love your bow with the bells, but the black layer is perfect! Your poinsettia - OMG. First, what is all the gold goodness in the middle, and are those DISTRESS inks I see on the edges? GORGEOUS! The second flower card - where do I find that background stamps!? SO PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...