Monday, July 16, 2012

4 of a Kind - July Edition

Hello everyone!
It's that time of the month again...
time for another...


Joyce was in charge of kits this month...
and OMGoodness...
did she send the goodies!!
Check out all of this crafty goodness...


The colors she chose to work with have such an elegance to them...
Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse and Smokey Shadow...
and she choose PTI's In Bloom along with a little Pretty Peonies, Wonderful Words, Mixed Messages and Movers and Shakers.
And because you need to stop by and see what her, Cathy and Kim were able to come up with...
I'm going to keep this short and get to some pics...



I know they're basically the exact same card...
but I loved the stamping and wanted to use it and since I only used less than half on the first one...
I just decided to make two...
but if you look close enough...
the Tiny Tags are different! :)
Another uber simple one...


And my last one...
which is honestly the one I love the most...


I used my new Lil' Inker's Frame #1 Impression Plate to create a frame...
(Thank You Amy...you enabler! *giggle*)
I just cut out the center portion with a craft knife and ruler...
adhered the flowers around it and then if you look closely...
yup!
That's a sheet of acetate that I slipped in there...
and then I stamped it with my favorite sentiment from Waltzingmouse Compact Sentiments 2...
(note: it IS smudged because I didn't have any Staz On and I wanted to do this but before I could get a pic...I smudged it. Sorry!  Note to self: Pick up White Staz On!!)
and then look what happens...

Viola!!
It's a literal picture frame!!
I popped it with some thin strips of foam adhesive...
trimmed my pic down and then slipped it right inside!
I love it!!
And I can promise you...
you will be seeing this again!! :)

OK...
now time for you to hop over and see what 


have for you!
Hope you find a little inspiration along the way...
and that you'll come back next month because I'M in charge of kits!!
*giggle*

And don't forget about Waltzingmouse Blog Party tomorrow!
The theme this month is THE GREAT OUTDOORS and you can get all the details on Claire's blog here!

11 comments :

  1. Love your cards and that adorable frame!! Great kit:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great kit! Love the colors and that last one is my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win!! You are officially the smartest person around because that frame is so great! I love that idea and bet you are going to see a whole bunch of people doing variations on that idea in the very near future...me included! Love the stamping on the acetate and the cute pic you slipped inside it. Great job on all your cards using Joyce's fun kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Rene! Love the first two and the sweet tags you added. I love those tags. Sure was a great kit. Love the Lil Inkers frame and the way you used the flowers. The picture of your son is adorable too. Need to get busy with my card for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your cards. They are simple and perfectly elegant and beautiful--a great fit with this stamp set and colors. I do agree with you about the last card. It truly is a masterpiece--what a great idea with the frame, and of course, any card would be perfect with that sweet little mug peering out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all make me smile as they are so cheery. he frame is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Renee!! These projects are s pretty, but my FAVE (of course, hee hee) is the frame you made! It is absolutely LOVELY! I love that added the acetate sheet to the center and I love how you embellished it!
    Thanks for sharing with me!
    Laura
    Lil' Inker Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee, I always love the look of your cards, very classy no matter what you make and these are no exception. I love how you used ribbon on 3 of your 4 cards, I really struggled with how to incorporate the ribbon and now I have a few more ideas for my left overs. I am in love with that frame, just so beautiful and very clever and that picture inside, he is just so cute I could pinch his little cheeks. What an angel. Fabulous cards, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great kit this month--the colors are gorgeous! Love your bows and the striking pink on the first three! But my favorite is the frame card--wow--love it! Adore the beautiful flower accents against the dark frame and that great sentiment! Pretty awesome kid there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really incredible kit, and you certainly made those flowers shine! I love the simplicity of your cards, but that frame is amazing! Super cute photo, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...