Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Holiday today...
we're about to go outside and let the kids have some "poppers" and sparklers...
that's all we can do this year because it's so hot and dry we're underneath a burn ban...
that includes fireworks and even grilling.
Yeah...
not our regular 4th celebrations.
It's been 100+ for over a week and we all just stayed inside where it's nice and cool...
so I was able to squeeze in just a bit of play time and decided to try my hand at the Color Q challenge this week...

It's a first...
in fact this is only my second time ever with a color challenge like this...
I get confused when there's too many colors! :)
But they are featuring my absolute-most-favoritest-color-in-the-whole-wide-world...
NAVY!!
OK...
so I gave this a go...
even though my red family is very hard to distinguish a difference...
but I can tell you I used Momento Lady Bug...
which is a more coral red...
and Love Letter...
which is more red-red...
so here we go...


I used Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds to make my very own plaid background...
I LOVE making my own plaid...
and it is of my personal opinion that everyone needs this set...
it's amazing!
And some more Waltzingmouse for the star and sentiment...
this time from Sewing Box Hugs...
and based it on this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...



I hope that during your celebrations today...
getting together with family and friends...
that you took a moment to remember and say a Thank You to all the servicemen and women...veterans...who have fought...
and continue to do so everyday...
for the freedoms that we enjoy in this great country of ours!
Thank You and Happy Birthday America!




The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds and Sewing Box Hugs
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy
Ink: Momento Lady Bug, Love Letter, Summer Sky, Danube Blue
Misc: bling, twine, button


14 comments :

  1. This is wonderful! You did great with your color challenge. I am so happy, because I love making plaid, and each one I see gives me ideas for the next plaid that I make. I finally have enough WM sets to start to case you, so I'll be pinning this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee, . Wow could not grill, too bad. We live near the foothills and we can't do fireworks ...not even a sparkler. Thank goodnes you were cool inside. I have to say we were blessed with perfect weather just lucky . Love your sweet star card. Do I sence some enabling going on ... :) Love the navy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Renee, the papers look like fabric, love the card! Love your tribute to the 4th as well. thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plaid, adorable card!
    I wish I could send you some Irish rain, we've way too much of it, wettest June on record here! I can't imagine the heat there with you, it's just 64F here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Renee! That plaid is just lovely! I may have to look into that set, I'd love to make my own plaid, and those stipes are awesome! I also love your layered stars! Perfectly festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love ALL things WM, especially this plaid and star! I wish I could buy them all! You did an awesome job with the plaid...looks like REAL DP!!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use the plaid! That really is the coolest stamp set and creating plaids is so much fun! Love your stacked stars and that big red button! We had a wonderful 4th this year! Some friends invited us over for dinner & fireworks. They live on a golf course where they hire someone to do a pretty huge display. Their son-in-law set up speakers and played music. With about 15 kids, 11 & under, it was such fun to see how much they enjoyed the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! Love the 'stitched' stars! So glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card, Renee! I love the plaid and that star is perfect! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Renee! What a cute and clever take on the challenge! I love the plaid and the stitched star - perfect fabric inspired design! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the plaid and the layered 'stitched' stars Renee - a lovely card for the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great combination of challenges - I love this gorgeous plaid and sweet star! Such a shame that you couldn't have fireworks - hopefully there'll be a break in the weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those stars are so cute and the plaid background is awesome. Love love love this card Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love this Renee! It's just sweet and perfect! So happy to see you play with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...