Monday, July 9, 2012

Hot Child in the City...

Runnin' wild and lookin' pretty...
                               Nick Gilder

That's what kept running through my head as I was making a card for the very first...


Could not get that song outta my head...
it's still there...
and you'll see why in a moment!
But Suzanne gave us a wonderful inspiration pic for this month...


and because I'm fairly new to WPlus9 with only a handful of sets...
I decided to just focus on the colors for this one...
and went with the bold yellow, vibrant orange and hot pink!
I pulled out the fabulous A Pocketful set...
I have wanted this set since the first time I saw Anya use it on her blog...
and it's finally in my possession...
and how could I resist cutting a hot pink pocket and singing "Hot Child in the City" while doing it?
And if you're too young to remember hot pink jeans and/or "Hot Child..."...
I don't want to know!
*giggle*

So here's what I did...


I kept it pretty simple...
heat embossed some white "stitching"...
and yes...
once upon a time (*cough...the 80's*) you could even buy them this way in the stores...
and then added some of the adorable little blooms included in the set to fill my stylin' pocket!
Added some fabby plaid ribbon that matched the color scheme perfectly and viola!
Sweet and simple!

Hope to see you along the way...
and if you haven't heard about this one yet...
check out all the details here and grab some inspiration while you're there from Suzanne, Anya, Christina and Gayatri so you can play along!


The Details:
Stamps: WP9 A Pocketful
Cardstock: WP9 White, PTI Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold
Ink: Momento
Ribbon: Ribbon Carousel

28 comments :

  1. Hi Friend! I love the embossed denim and all the songs you sing to yourself when making these fabulous cards. I can't believe you handcut all those flowers! The effect is well worth it, and the ribbon looks gorgeous. :) Thanks so much for playing along!!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card Renee - Love your embossed pocket and beautiful stamped flowers - perfect stamping too!! Think I have to get some Wplus9 sets after seeing this!!!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all the handout flowers here.....seriously just the perfect tough Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous take on this inspiration! I love your colorful embossed pocketful of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!!! You worked out those colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is really nice...love the bright hot pink pocket and those great cut out flowers. I love the embossing on the pockets, and yes...I remember that song and those denim pants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable..love those bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee, Hot Child is your song girl! This one is a real winner - love the hot pick pocket full of posies - absolutely stunning! You nailed this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! I love the popped up flowers and that ribbon is such a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOW this is a pocket full of beauty. LOVE the flowers coming out of the pocket, the images that are popped up, the colors and that YUMMY plaid ribbon!!! I REALLY want this set but sometimes I get a bit nerdy and think oh this tread will change so do i want to invest in a trendy stamp or do I want to stay more classic ........ it is kind of like clothes you know I really only buy trendy items at H and M because I stress when I pay for something that will be out in one season!!! I did buy a pair of skinny crops this past spring that are navy with white polka dots and when I saw them I thought I could be Jackie O or me wearing them so I bought them ......... lets just say they were an investment piece LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet--love the pocket done in pink brimming with all those flowers! And that ribbon adds a perfect touch! Fabulous job with the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, takes me back to a time less complicated, wearing coloured jeans. Back to reality, love this card with the flowers popping out of the pocket, could be a good idea for little girls birthdays - one for the inspiration folder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. I love the pink pocket with the white embossing, and think that I may have had a pair of pants just like that, back in the day (remember Dittos?) Colored jeans are back in, FYI, and of course, you are so stylish you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling card Renee! LOVE the pocket full of sweet posies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet little pocket scene! I love the embossing on the pocket, and those flowers are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This reminds me of *cough* Bongo Jeans *cough*. What? I didn't just admit that! This is so much fun and I am so glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray for the pocket die! I love your pocket full of flowers in these bright colors. The matching plaid ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you have used the colors on this pocket - SO cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I just love your cute little pink pocket :) The white embossing is so bold and the multi-colored flowers help to bring it all together. Makes me smile! You're such a cutie, I'm so glad you played along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable card. Love the pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful!! I love the pocketful of flowers! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Renee, you are just too funny and now I have that song stuck in my head! Thanks a bunch...I do remember Ditto's those bring back lots of fun memories too. Now on to your card, just so fabulous, love all of the flowers peeking out of the hot pink pocket and that ribbon is just to die for. Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful, Renee! I love how you popped some of those flowers. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Lil' Inker Designs July Release Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful pocket and love love those pretty tinsie flowers coming out of pocket. Your card is making me want to make a pocket card. Love your card. Thanks so much for the inspiration and playing along with us @ Cloud9

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! I love the embossed white stitching on the hot pink pocket. Also love the way you did the flowers popping some up. Great ribbon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow wow wow! What a fun and cute design, I adore the popped up flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Man this is a real showstopper! I absolutely love your use of hot pink! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...