Saturday, July 7, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #105

Happy Saturday!
Today IS a happy day...
hubby took a few days off and maybe with him home to manage the kids...
ok...
they're unmanageable but he can keep his eye on them and prevent any fights, screams, tears and bloodshed...
I can finally finish painting...
YAY for me!!
Though I have to say with temps in triple digits still...
it's been nice just staying indoors.
And guess what?
I'm daring to dream here that the so called weather experts...
you know...
the ones who make those educated guesses about weather...
are right and we not only see a little rain starting tomorrow...
but we are also supposed to cool down into the 80's for a few days...
can I get a big YAY?!!
We need the rain desperately...
and a very welcome break from the heat.

So I'm inside with hubby and the kiddies...
and since it's Saturday...
I get to introduce our newest Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
always fun!
And this week is another fabulous sketch from the incredibly talented Teresa Kline...


And here's what I did with it...


That fabulous houndstooth background is from Anya's Heirloom Patterns...
I LOVE that houndstooth!
Lines up like a dream!
And then I used the new to me Blessed By You...
LOVE that willow!
And Claire included some beautiful heartfelt sentiments with this one.
Another thing that Claire does that I've seen mentioned out in the blogland by various people wishing...
she includes "we" sentiments!
I know personally I love having that versatility because as just one member of a family...
when I'm making a card that is from all of us...
as a family...
I want to be able to say "we" and not just "I".
You'll find this little treat in so many of Claire's sets!

Alright...
you've seen the sketch...
are you ready to get inky and join us?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the incredible inspiration from the Mischief Makers and DT...
you won't be disappointed with all the gorgeous creations to get the creative juices flowing!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product on your creation and then link up with the linky provided so that we can come by and ogle your creation...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
And while you're there...
this week is our last week with our Guest Mischief Maker Vickie Zimmer and she has been fabulous...
created incredible projects and so much fun to have around and inspire...
stop by and give her a standing ovation blogland style!

And did you get all you wanted with the new release last week?
What did you get?
The awesome My Island...
and the coordinating new "bitesize" North Shore?
What about Heroines Fairy Princess?
Did you pre-order the incredible Big Berries-Strawberry and Jam Packed?
How awesome is Claire for providing a "bitesize" set of just the jar in case you don't have Candy Jar Christmas Fillers?
She's a gem!
And how about Anya's new Playful Pinwheels?
How fun is that set?!!
I can't wait to get it in my hands and will begin stalking the mailman around...
Monday!
I always get a thrill and feel so special when I receive "Royal Mail"...
*giggle*
And remember Blog Party is on the 17th and this month's theme is The Great Outdoors...
don't you think think Playful Pinwheels would be a great set to use for it?
Check Claire's blog here for all the details!

Until next time...
wishing everyone a fabulous week!


16 comments :

  1. Love that houndstooth stamp - now I wish I'd ordered that one as well! Thanks for the comments on my blog Renee - they always crack me up! Hope you get to cool down soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, that big bow is a showstopper for sure!! I love the colors you chose and that really neat tree, and of course I'm partial to houndstooth :) Here's hoping the 80s are true, hubby keeps the kids in check, and the painting gets completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up about the kids... I bet they are just -nothing but - adorable....:) Love your beautiful card with that gorgeous green sheer bow...wow! The houndstooth is stunning on your B&W card..so elegant! I placed my order and then decided I wanted to add to it the next day....Claire was sweet enough to add it to my order - I love how quick she is to answer an email.... Hey I love that we can email her! She is a sweetheart .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That big ole bow is singing to me sister! What a pretty card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--what a fabulous card. I agree with the gang--that bow is a show stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantabulous card Renee, I know that is not a word but it should be. That tree is so darn cute. Hang in there we are hoving in the 90's still, we had a rain all morning but it didn't break the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, this is so beautiful and like everyone else i agree that bow is a show stopper, so perfect for your card. That tree and background stamps are just so fabulous together, another set to add to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely LOVE the bow too! Not only is it big and sheer and gorgeous but it looks fabulous with the black & white. And the houndstooth is a real show stopper too! I'm so glad you have that set now. It was one of my first WM purchases and I just adore it, especially that awesome tree. We're so hoping the weather guys are right this time. Everyone was saying this morning, "Just one more day of this heat"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautidul sentiment...love that tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful - it looks cool, serene and calm!! I love the big green ribbon and shades of green in the leaves. Fabulous!

    I'm hoping for a drop in these temperatures too - mid 80s would be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you cut the ribbon so evenly? I can't do it - I am convinced it's impossible! I love the tree (but you knew that) and the mix with houndstooth and brown. Gorgeousness, Renee! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hounstooth is a dream, isn't it!! Love the willow ande sentiment....another set on my wish list! I'm hoping of 80's too. Royal Mail always make me feel special too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Renee! Your tree is just beautiful with this gorgeous bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bow is gorgeous, Renee and I love the background and that tree! I can't believe I haven't inked up the houndstooth yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I'm late Renee! SUmmer is keeping me hopping! I think this card is just stunning!! I love the houndstooth, but most of all that beautiful willow how you got the colors blended - it looks softer and more natural. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, what a lovely card! Your shaded coloring of the tree is so subtle--love it! Looks great against that houndstooth background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...