Saturday, July 14, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #106

Happy Saturday everyone!
Hope you had a fabulous week...
here in TN we finally received some rain...
in fact some every day this week...
and we broke our triple digit heat wave...
so our grass is growing and starting to turn a nice shade of green...
and it doesn't crunch when you step on it any longer!
And even though I'm disappointed that hubby wasn't able to get some outdoor projects done because of the rain...
he's heading back to work today...
I'm too happy to finally have it here to complain much!
And since we can't mow...
neither can our neighbors so all of our yards are looking pretty bad right now...
but fabulously bad in green!
*giggle*

Since it's Saturday...
the bestest day of the week...
I get to help introduce another incredible sketch for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
this week is a fabby one from talented DT member Sandie Dunne...

And here's my take on it...


Yup...
those Simple Stories papers again!
I am truly in love with these...
just can't get enough of them...
and though I would love to say I'm sorry for using them again so soon...
well...
I would just have to apologize again in the near future...
so I'll save all my apologies till I'm totally out of them...
ok?
But just so you know...
I'm planning on buying more!
Because I LOVE them...
*giggle*
And plus don't you think they go fabulously with Waltzingmouse Compact Sentiments?
They're perfect for this fun, relaxed, casual font that Claire designed these incredible sets around!
This particular sentiment is one of my all time faves...
it's from Compact Sentiments 2...
I think of my kiddies every time I see it!

And tucked behind the sentiment panel is a strip of red gingham from Gingham and Co...
perfect!
Along with some lace and twine...
and a big button...
can I just say I love big buttons too...
my card is complete!

Are you ready to join us in this fabby sketch?
Mosey on over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and take a gander at the eye candy my fellow incredibly talented and awe inspiring Mischief Makers and DT members have for you...
and then get crafty!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product on your project and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

And don't forget Blog Party on Tuesday!
This months theme is THE GREAT OUTDOORS...
and you can get all the details on Claire's blog here!
Hope to see you there!

I'm off to get the house as ready as I can for bookclub Tuesday night and then on Friday...
my blogging friend Suzanne (TheCardYard) and I get to meet IN REAL LIFE when she flies in for a weekend of crafty fun...
YAY!!!
I'm so excited!!! :)

Hope all of you have a wonderful week...
until next time!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Compact Sentiments 2 and Gingham and Co.
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, WP9 White
Patterned Papers: Simple Stories Summer Fresh
Misc: SU ink, lace, twine, big button (PTI)

19 comments :

  1. I love those papers too ~ I love this card and you got to showcase so many papers from the pack ~ it might be one of those cards you cannot part with because of the papers and how cute it is!!! Have a great weekend looking at your grass ~ ours is still crunching LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile with your post - thank you! Love this bright and cheerful card - it's one of my favourite sentiments from that set. I like the folksy feel to your card! So glad you've had some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to apologize, you're right, those papers are awesome!! I'm starting to notice them a lot more lately, and I'm getting jealous ;) I love that huge button and the lace border with twine, truly makes this an awesome country chic card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got rain too...yeah!! Cooled down a bit and grass/plants getting green again! Love the simple stories papers a d I agree they work wonderfully with compact sentiments! Love the gingham with lace peeking out, button, and of course the fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card. This week's sketch is really fabulous, and I think I might even be able to pull something off. That gingham and those tiny flowers work so well together--you are truly a country gal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clean, country look of this, especially the mix of gingham and florals. Glad to hear you got some much-needed rain this week! Can you send some to my parents here in Indiana? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Renee! The gingham and the flowers look great! And I love the colors too! All on a craft base! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Renee! Gorgeous colors, and you've mixed the patterns perfectly! I love the paper you've stamped on, or is that one of the cards included in the kit? Very perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for RAIN! We just got a little bit but it's been a little cooler. We ended up running the sprinkler on the grass really well! LOVE those papers so use them as much as you want! You picked the perfect combination for your card and they look fantastic with the kraft background, the lace & button!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send a little rain our way--it is so dry here. So glad for you that you are getting some finally. Your cards is so beautiful--I need to check out some Simple Stories too. Every detail of your card is beautiful Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card...and that gingham so perfect for this. Your flowers in the corners are so sweet and a fabulous touch. Good luck with your cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet Renee! Great mix of darling patterned paper with that fab WM sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sweet papers and the fab sentiment, yes they are a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Renee! Lovely stamping and papers. Thanks for the inspiration indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you and everyone else......beautiful papers. Your cadd is a happy summer card....love the gingham and the bit of lace. This is a great sketch! So happy you got rain and non crunchy green grass. Enjoy your fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Renee, I love this card! The colors are so bright and fun and you put them together so beautifully! Can't wait to see more of your work!
    Melinda - Winter Bear

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet card! Love the mix of papers and that oversized button! Hope you have fun with Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one of the greatest paper packs...ever! Every single piece is great and you have created another really beautiful card using them. I love the stamped gingham to go with it too...the two pieces in the paper pack just weren't enough, were they? This is a great sketch and your card is great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...