Saturday, July 21, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #107

Hello everyone!
Hope you had a fabulous week!
I am enjoying the here and now...
the incredibly fabulous Suzanne Dahlberg from The Card Yard arrived in Nashville yesterday for a crafty weekend...
and even though we text everyday...
talk for hours every week...
it's nothing like meeting her in person!
Beautiful inside and out...
she's incredible and I'm so excited she's here!
And so is Dinky...
I think he's smitten and will probably propose before she leaves on Sunday! :)
So the here and now is a great place to be!

And before I get to my most favorite Saturday event...
introducing the new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
I want to thank everyone for all the wonderfully sweet and incredible comments left on my last post...
I couldn't wait to share the bath makeover that I've been working on forever!
OK...I admit that the "forever" part could probably be due to my extreme level of procrastination...
but it has been forever!
*giggle*
If you feel lost and confused right now...
you can check it out here...
and I wanted to also say that I'm horrible with secrets...
I have a real problem keeping them so the other night I told love-of-my-life that I have a surprise for him and I'll share it after Christmas.
He looked at me and said "CHRISTMAS!  That's 6 months away!"
Then he froze.
And he cautiously asked...
"Is this the kind of surprise that takes 9 months to get here?"
To which I very quickly and firmly replied... "NO!"
So I spilled the beans...
and asked if he remembered that wood grain tile I had told him about...
he said "Yes."
and then I replied "Well...I think the small bath needs it"
And do you know what he said?
"Well I knew that was coming...you've mentioned it twice that I've been paying attention so I knew it's all a matter of when you're going to make me do it."
I do love that man!

OK...so now my favorite Saturday activity...
new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
and this week we have one from the uber talented  DT member Tosha Leyendekker...


Here's what I did with it...


I went French with this one and used the gorgeous Waltzingmouse Paris Nouveau...
and tucked behind is some of the harlequin pattern from Heirloom Patterns...
I just love that harlequin...
lines up so perfectly!
A little seam binding and a black gem...
some paper from My Mind's Eye...
and I was done!

So are you ready to show us your interpretation of this gorgeous sketch?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and feast on all the eye candy the Mischief Makers and DT have for you...
and then get crafty!
We can't wait to see what you create...
just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

Hope you're weekend is fabulous! :)

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Paris Nouveau, Heirloom Patterns
Cardstock: PTI True Black, Stampers Select, Kraft
Misc: My Mind's Eye Patterned Papers, seam binding, bling

12 comments :

  1. I really like your take on the challenge sketch. A very elegant theme.

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the harlequin pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renee I love this card. That Eiffel Tower is so fantastic. I hope you and Suzanne have a great time this weekend. I am sure you will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. And, so glad you were able to have a wonderful weekend with Suzanne--and that you were able to play match maker, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already know I love this since I saw it in person!!! I had the best time, and tell Dinky I say HI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo....so stunning! The design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, Renee! Love the harlequin pattern--looks fantastic! Great take on this week's sketch. So glad you and Suzanne had a fun weekend. Stamping together must have been a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and love the sets you used!! Glad hubs is on board!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to say it here too!!! This is fabulous! LOVE your French card such great choice of colors - WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps. hope you get your stamps soon - think I got mine on the 21st only two days after Claire shipped them (sometimes mailservice surprises you (-: )
    Hugs,Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the parisian theme of your card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...