Saturday, July 28, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #108

Good Saturday morning everyone!
Hope you have had a fabulous week and are excited for the weekend!
This is our last official weekend of Summer...
I know that Labor Day is the considered end of Summer but this is our last weekend of Summer break...
they start school on the 1st...
so Summer is coming to an end for us.
It's went so fast...
I can't believe it's over...
except for those fights that have seemed to break out with more frequency the last couple of weeks which is the signal that even they are ready to go back.
They love each other greatly...
and quite honestly they do get along well for the most part...
but it's the way of siblings with very different personalities...
they've just had too much of each other!
The boys went and met their teachers Thursday night...
and when Ryder walked into his class his teacher (whom we have never had before) took one look and said "Let me guess...you must be Ryder!"
He's only in 1st grade and yet his reputation proceeds him!
*giggle*
Monday night Haley has freshman orientation to high school...
I can't believe I have one in high school!!
I'm still reeling from the fact that this little creature who literally fit in the palm of my hand when she was born is now a teen...
and headed to high school!!
Hunter starts the following Monday...
so this year will be the first year in almost 10 that all of the kids will be on very similar schedules...
I love it!!
So how much longer for Summer break for you and when do your kiddies head back?

And how about we celebrate back to school with my favorite of all challenges...
a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
YAY!!
This week we have a fabulous one from talented DT Belinda Change Langner...


It's a tag!!
Am I the only one who loves a tag sketch?
And because I've got back to school on the mind here's what I did...


I used the sweet basket of apples from Peace and Plenty and then the perfect little sentiment is from Frame It...
back to school + apples = teachers!!
I stamped the image on a circle Nestie and then colored in with Copics...
and I don't know if you can tell but I also added some glossy accents to make the apples nice and shiny!
Used some favorite Lily Bee Double Dutch gingham...
and a little lace...
I really wanted to sew on this one but couldn't.
Seems some little hands have done something to my machine so until I figure out the extent of damage and what needs to be done before I can stitch again...
I won't be able to sew. :(

So ready to join in the fun?
Take a hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and feast upon all the eye candy the Mischief Makers and DT have for you...
and then get inky!
Link your project up with the linky provided...
just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and if you're lacking...
check out the store here for some fabulous freebies from Claire...
one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

Hope you have a wonderful week...
we will be uber busy around here getting kiddies off to school and back in a routine but on the plus side...
I will soon have my mornings free...
and my house may actually get cleaned and stay that way for longer than 20 seconds!
*giggle*

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Peace and Plenty, Frame It
Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy, Kraft
Patterned paper: Lily Bee Double Dutch
Dies: PTI Tag Sale #5, Dainty Dolies, Double ended banner
Misc: Copics, lace, twill ribbon (PTI), buttonhttp://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/products/frame-it


22 comments :

  1. This is a WONDERFUL card Renee!!! I LOVE everything about it - such great country feeling to it!
    Have a great week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card, Renee, and you will surely score brownie-points with the new teacher with this fantastic card. The apples are a perfect iconic image to use for this beautiful creation.

    I can't believe July is nearly over, but more importantly, I can't believe school starts on the FIRST in your area...that's too soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This screams FALL to me, and Eric was just saying last night that he can't wait for the Fall to get here. Your card is beautiful. I love the lace and the image is so pretty! I LOVE the tag - the ribbon, the button...and the gingham is so YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card reminds me of a picnic Renee! with the lovely apple basket sitting on the pretty blue checkered tablecloth with lace trim! Can't believe your kids go back to school in August?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You aren't the only one who loves tag sketches...I do too! Your coloring of that cute apple basket is so good. So realistic and with that great gingham print paper, will be such a great card to give to a special teacher. Hard to believe school starts so soon, but I start back in one week too! Just think of all you got done this summer though. Great card Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tag sketches too! They just seem to come together almost effortlessly for me!
    My little one has over a month more of summer and doesn't head back to school until September 5th.

    Your card is so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee a beautiful card, that basket of apples you coloured over the awesome blue gingham is stunning. Good luck to your kiddos going back to school. I know time passes so fast, my son if going into grade 12 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your summer is ending so soon. We have until after Labor Day, so I still have lazy days, fun at the beach, and bickering galore for another month or so. Love your card. That image goes perfectly well with the beautiful gingham paper. I really love tags on cards, so I, too, am happy with this sketch and hope to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Renee, that coloring on the basket is fabulous!!! I love the mixture of gingham and the lace, too...great combo! And I can't believe you have a daughter in high school, either...you are way too young for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...can't believe school is starting so soon for your munchkins, we still have about another month off. What a sweet card for the teacher, I just love that adorable basket of apples, so perfect for the start of school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, your children head back to school early!! Kathryn doesn't go back until 4 September!!

    I love that you think of cards for the teacher as the children go back; the basket of apples is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card Renee! Love the little basket of apples. Has such a darling country charm. Lots of luck with the new school year! My step kids start back on Monday ~ we are on a year round school year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh LOVE it, Renee! That apple basket is one of my fave images, thanks for reminding me of it! The coloring is SPECTACULAR! Looks like a teeny watercolor painting!! And who doesn't love that Double Dutch paper? It goes with EVERYTHING :)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gingham, love the lace and your basket of apples is just fabulous! Your coloring is AWESOME! I agree about tag sketches--adore them too! Enjoy your hopefully not TOO hectic week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gingham and apples go hand in hand! I adore the image of them in the basket! I think you have been holding out on us with your coloring! Fabulous job Renee! You totally rock these sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful coloring, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that box of apples and the gingham background! Fabulous coloring! Thinking Haley must be a good name for "little" ones! My youngest is Haley and she was only 4 lbs. 3 ounces when she was born!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the apples - they look soo yummy - your shading is beautiful and the papers are perfect. Makes me sad when the kiddos go back :( Mine start on the 15th. Haley in HS!! For me it was like kindergarden all over again - a real milestone! Your gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, your girls fit in the palm of your hand! Reminds me of a song we sing at church. Oh my gosh Renee I so love your card, everything about it. Love the stamp with the beautiful basket and the blue gingham is a perfect background. Time sure goes by fast … much faster than we think . You and Haley will do great . Is Hunter starting the new school that is a bit farther away? Hope things are cooler at your house now. Sounds like you and Suzanne had a wonderful time.
    I love the sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The basket of apples looks so cute with the gingham backdrop! I love the bit of lace trim, too. It must be quiet at your house this week--I hope your kids have had a great first week at school! My daughter starts 2nd grade after Labor Day, and my little guy will start pre-K the second week of Sept. I'm looking forward to a more regular schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Renee! Your apples and the basket are so beautifully colored! We have here almost two weeks of holidays before school starts! Can't wait to have my own time in the morning, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I zoomed in to check out the shine~gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...