Thursday, August 16, 2012

4 of a Kind - August

It's that time of the month again...
time for another...


with Joyce, Kim and Cathy.
I was hostess this month and here's a pic of the goodies I sent out to everyone...


I know...
a lot of papers...
but I have a very good reason and that's because...
well...
I couldn't make up my mind!
I knew I wanted a "country" feel to it so gingham was definitely in...
and that I wanted red and blue...
but I just couldn't pick coordinating ones and decided to just send one of each of the papers in Lilly Bee's Double Dutch collection!
See!
Problem solved.
I threw it into their court!
*giggle*

Now the stamp set was easy...
Waltzingmouse Sewing Box Hugs.
What's not to love about these stamped, down home, "sewn" images...
they were perfect for my "Country Kit"!
And even though I'm sure the girlies managed to make a gazillion cards with the kit...
I have been busier than a one armed paper hanger the last couple of weeks...
and then a pulled muscle in my back had me sitting in a chair in the bedroom on a heating pad most of the weekend watching a The Real Housewives of New Jersey marathon...
where I managed to catch up on all of Teresa's craziness...
I mean seriously...
WHACKADOODLE!
And then!
Then I got caught up in a Million Dollar Listings Los Angeles marathon...
something I've never seen but before I knew it I was hooked and found myself imagining what I would offer for homes being shown and the conversations went something like this...
"I don't care that this house may worth 7 million...
in today's market...
I'm not going a penny over 4.6!!"
Whew!
It was a very engaging show.
Or...
it could have possibly been the muscle relaxers I happen to take that morning...
but either way...
by the time I emerged Monday to go to the grocery before the older kids started eating the younger...
the house looked as though a bomb had exploded.
Dinky had been left to his own devices.
So long story short...
because I'm still sorting through his "creativity" and trying to right wrongs...
I only managed a few cards...
and when pressed...
go CAS!
*giggle*




I've found myself needing some Thank You cards recently and have almost totally depleted my stash of them so I really wanted to make a couple to just have on hand.

OK...
before I send you over to check out what the girlies did...
need to tell you a couple of things...
one...
don't forget Waltzingmouse Blog Party tomorrow!!
The theme this month is BIRTHDAY so super easy...
and you can check all the details on Claire's blog here.
And second...
this month marks Kim and Joyce's one year blog-o-ver-sary and they are celebrating by giving some blog candy and you won't want to miss it so make sure to stop by and tell them Hi!!
Now off you go and we'll be back next month when Cathy will be our hostess!!

Joyce
Cathy
Kim

17 comments :

  1. You put together an AMAZING kit this month! Love all the stamped images and the WMS die cuts! Really enjoying seeing what everyone did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards. I especially like the second star card. You selected a great package to send out to your Four of a Kind mates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards, gorgeous!!!!, and sewing box hugs is my favorite!!! Your posts always make me smile and giggle! So sorry to hear about your back - no fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Renee, what a fantastic kit you sent out to the girls. I love your creations, as always. You chose a great stamp set to use. I hope you are feeling better there, in my opinion, nothing worse than back or neck pain. I am glad you are holding firm on the 4.6 mil, don't go a penny over. Off to see what the other girls have done, I have those papers so there will likely be some CASEing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a kit! Beautiful cards too. Just for the record...we're not all like that in NJ!!!lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really, really love that first card! My very favorite. Love the little piece of ribbon and those hearts. You lied to me, you said the cards weren't good and they ARE! Honestly, this stamp set can be so simple or totally dressed up and you made some fabulous card. Love those little gems on the star card and your flowers and that denim ribbon with the stick pin is just adorable. Great job, loved this kit and it still is my very favorite WM set of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make great kits. Love the 3 thank you cards you made . My big favorite is the white one with the star. Sorry your not feeling better yet. Sometimes it nice to have a good excuse to stay in bed and just watch tv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great kit you put together. I love this stamp set. And all that paper..so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say to a country girl who knows how to put together a gosh, darn, kick up your heels and craft, kit. Thank you so much. I think it was probably pretty obvious that I had a great time with your kit. And, don't get me started on the papers...I don't think I've ever used so much patterned paper. Anyway, on to you and your cards--you underestimated yourself when you said they were no good. They are all wonderful, and you know how I feel about CAS--I love what you did with those stars--just so simple and direct. I agree with Cathy that the first card is my favorite. Although, your layering of flowers and leaves on the third card is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a kit you put together Renee - I worked my way backwards and ended with you because I wanted to save your vision of your ingredients for last. You have a generous heart and it shows in all the fab products you sent that are so well coordinated that it is just impossible to go wrong! Your C&S side is showing - and you really let those images speak for themselves! If I have to pick just one - I'm going with the pretty flowers with the hand made denim ribbon (seriously??? how do you think of these things?). Although the stars are amazing and I am diggin the heart! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee, first thank you for the incredible kit and I have to say I am so happy to have lots of left overs for more cards. Every piece of your kit was went so perfect together, you have an eye for fabulous country goodies.
    Your cards are fabulous and you thought they looked like, well I won't use the word you did, but they do not look like at all. My favorite card is You Shine...I have my stars already cut out to place on a card, so I will be CAS'ing your card. Thank you again for the amazing kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for CAS! What you texted me the other night is not true at all!!! Go Renee! I love them! You know I love the set, and that denim ribbon is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kit is AMAZING--all that gingham and those wonderful WM images! Oh, and the denim ribbon--you are so talented--it's fabulous! Love your CAS creations! They are all fantastic but I especially love the stars--denim stars on white with the 'you shine' sentiment--perfection! Hope the pains are gone soon. I did some strange thing to my neck at Zumba class last night--not good as the doctor wanted me to stay off ibuprofen. Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an awesome "country" kit, Renee! Your CAS cards are adorable. Your denim ribbon really rocks also. Always enjoy seeing the results of your monthly Four of A Kind challenge. (So glad you were able to get food in your house before something really drastic transpired.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super kit your cooked up for your friends! Love the "stitching" - especially on the hearts! All of your cards are darling - my favorite is the heart with the little polka dot ribbon tag -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous kit you put together! Four-of-a-kind looks like so much fun - I love seeing how the four of you have gone in such different directions! All of your cards are awesome - CAS is not easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...