Friday, August 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Blog Party

YAY!!
It's the 17th...
and you know what the 17th of each month brings...
Waltzingmouse Blog Party!!
Don't worry if you're not quite "dressed" yet...
this party goes for 24 hours so plenty of time to get your party attire on!!
*giggle*
And what better theme for a party than BIRTHDAY?
You can check all the details on Claire's blog here...
but so many directions you can go with this one...
hubby...
kids...
parents...
friends...
the sky's the limit!

I'm not going to keep you long...
I know there's so much inspiration to be had with this one you need to be on your way so you can soak it all in...
so here's what I did...


I did this once before and just love the "subway art" feel to it...
so I did it again.
I used Waltzingmouse Back in the Saddle for all the sentiments...
and then stamped the Harlequin pattern from Heirloom Patterns and created a background...
matted everything...
some seam binding and a couple of fabby sprays that my sweet friend Suzanne sent to me the other day...
just a touch of "bling" on the boots...
and I was done!
Easy peasy!

And now I'm off to see all the eye candy I know I will find at the party...
but I'll be back tomorrow to introduce another fabulously inspiring sketch challenge on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Back in the Saddle, Heirloom Patterns
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream, True Black, Sweet Blush
Ink: Memento
Misc: seam binding, button, Melissa Francis floral sprays, bling


30 comments :

Joyce said...

Such a fun and clever birthday card. Love your subway art and the bling on the boots especially.

Pauline said...

Renee, i love this graphic card, so modern and fresh, but with that vintage collection of fonts, such a unique design. Another decider for me that I NEED THIS SET! LOL!

Jeanne J said...

Yee Haw! Hey you're first to the party! Love the clean look of your western card and the splash of pink! Those gems on the boots are fab!

Marlena M. said...

I love the way you used that background Renee! Beautiful subway art look.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so cute, Renee! I just love the blingy boots! Great job!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

HEY - we both love harlequin patterns! Such a great card...the pink is a perfect touch on this card, to soften the rough-and-ready images. Amazing job.

Maureen said...

LOVE how you did the sentiments - so fun and cool! Also love the little sprays and the bling!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a wonderful birthday card! LOVE your design with all the sentiments together and the black and pink together - so cool and beautiful!
Have a great week-end, hugs, Karin

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, great card, Renee! Love the pink embellishments!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so cute Renee! I love the harlequin pattern you stamped and all those great western sentiments all stamped Subway-style! The touches of pink look so nice with the black/cream elements.

suezie said...

Such a clever idea Renee - love it. hink I might have to try creating a text block like that some time. Love the black & white with just a hint of pink too.

Jill Norwood said...

This is so cool Renee! Just love the whole thing - especially the pink and black and white color scheme! Bold, graphic and AWESOME!!! I really need to get that set because every time I see a card made with it I think "Why don't I have this???"!!! It is time!

Sharron said...

Adore the black & white with splash of pink! And using the subway art makes such a fun design! Then the sprays & bling finish it off with the perfect feminine touch--love it!

Kim said...

Renee, this is just too darn cute! I am not a country person by any means but I have to say this set has been on my wish list for some time. You are so creative and that touch of pink with the black, so classy.

Craftilicious said...

what a striking card - love how you've combined lots of the sentiments from the wild west set.

Asha said...

Hootenanny or hoedown? This C&W party is neither ... and it still ROCKS! Wow! Makes you want to get in line and boot scoot despite the non-trad colours and embellies. Love it!!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your collage of country stampings Renee! the black white and pink looks super! and that fun little poppy floral is so pretty! oh - and I just saw the bling on the boots!! too cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love your "subway art" too Renee, fantastically fun bday card!

Belinda Langner said...

Love the way you you created your sentiment piece! So cool!

Lori said...

Fabulous! Love the look of the subway art style sentiment panel.

Super Jen said...

Awesome text collage.

Marybeth said...

Renee, I love the pink and black. Your card is gorgeous! Love the way you stamped all the sentiments.

Helen said...

Oh wow, the black and pink looks so cool together! I really love the harlequin background, the blinged up cowboy boots and the beautiful pink sprays! Awesome card x

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous use of all those sentiments!!! Love the black and white!

Ren-Yi said...

hiya Renee - what a awesome look. i do love that Harlequin pattern - what a fun fun use!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a fun birthday card! I love the black and white with that touch of pink--so much fun!

Chris L.

Claire Brennan said...

Love, love, love the pale pink with the black, super striking card Renee!! hugs to you missy!!!

Smriti said...

Very pretty card!

Deborah Frings said...

Super card - love the colours and all those lovely sentiments! Great work!

Suzanne D. said...

Now that I can see this on the big screen...just WOW!!! I love all those words stamped together, and I am SO happy I sent you those pink things. You've worked magic with them, as I KNEW you would. They just would have been collecting dust here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...