Saturday, August 4, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #109

Happy Saturday everyone!
Whew!
Am I ever glad it's Saturday too!
I've had 9 weeks of jammie days...
no schedule...
and I have loved it...
but it came to a screeching halt on Wednesday.
Most of the kids started back to school Wednesday morning...
which means I had to actually put on clothes...
brush my hair...
and have them somewhere at a certain time that is much earlier than what I have become accustomed to over the last few weeks.
To say that I'm tired is an understatement!
It takes time to get them back in the groove...
I think it takes me even longer!
So I'm sleeping in a bit this morning...
no alarm clock!
But I do have a busy day...
errands to run and places to be...
I'm going to enjoy just a bit more sleep before doing it!

And since it's Saturday...
you know what that means...
another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
YAY!!!
And a fabulous one this week from talented DT member Bonnie Sharp...


I just received my package of new goodies last week...
and went immediately to the new Big Berries- Strawberry for this one...


See that big luscious berry...
it's so gorgeous in person and it is HUGE!!
And look at that fabby sentiment...
love the font...
and it's sized so perfectly!
I stamped the plaid with "everyone-needs-to own" Off Beat Backgrounds...
and I say this every time I do it but again...
I LOVE making my own plaids!!
I also used Pic-Nic Patterns for the small strip behind the berry...
and finished it off with a little eyelet lace...
country simple!

So are you ready to play along?
Take a hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and feast upon all the eye candy the Mischief Makers and DT have for you...
and then get inky!
Link your project up with the linky provided...
just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and if you're lacking...
check out the store here for some fabulous freebies from Claire...
one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

And don't forget about Blog Party happening on the 17th!
This month the theme is BIRTHDAYS!
You can get all the details on Claire's blog here!


Hope you have a fabulous week!
Until next time!




The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Big Berries-Strawberry, Off Beat Backgrounds, Pic-Nic Patterns
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Kraft
Dies: Spellbinders Circles
Misc: eyelet lace

11 comments :

Deborah Frings said...

This is so berry nice!!! Sorry, couldn't resist! Your card is lovely and I adore the plaid background.

Joyce said...

What a deliciously juicy card. Oh, you are going to get sick of the puns today, I can tell. Love your plaid. I am probably only second to you in my love of making plaids. Your card came together so perfectly. I am DETERMINED to play this week.

Marybeth said...

Love your card with the one big berry .Your background is beautiful too! I am tired just thinking of what lies ahead for you. :) Hope this will be a great school year for your family!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL Renee!!! So sweet and summery! Love it and now I need to get that stamp too! I just have to wait ad see what Claire is up too - didn't she talk about news and changes - or have I been dreaming??!!
Have a great weekend, big hugs, Karin

Vickie Z said...

Love the plaid background and lace peeking out with that scrumptious strawberry!!! Wonderful! I'm still in my jammies (don't check the time of my post!) WEs are my lazy days!!

Sharron said...

Spectacular, Renee--love the yummy strawberry and adore that it is SO big! It makes such a wonderful focal point for your sweet, summery card! Love the plaid and lace too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Berry berry sweet ReneeQ, that berry is so big--fabulous!

Kim said...

Renee, this is just so sweet! I love that large berry, so bold and juicy. So sorry to hear you have to get back into a daily routine...I'm excited to have the reverse, today was my first day off after teaching summer school for 7 weeks so now I can play for the 3 weeks before school starts back up. Have fun!

Jill Norwood said...

Renee this is lovely! I just got my stamps in the mail too and can't wait to play! Love the background you created...I don't have that set but it may need to make its way to my home eventually! ;)

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous big berry~yum! I love the way you used the backgrounds Renee. I hear ya~it's been nice to sleep in! ;)

Amy said...

Oh your background is just perfect with the berry image! Such a homespun feel to this card. Hope you are getting back into the groove with school activities! Talk soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...