Saturday, August 11, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #110

Happy Saturday everyone!
I'm so glad it's the weekend!
This was our first full week of back to school with all the kids and after 9 weeks of not having to drive into Nashville everyday...
I'm pooped!
It usually takes me a couple of weeks or so to get back into a groove so I'm behind on everything!
I had wanted to get a few things done yesterday but wound up on a heating pad where I think I pulled a muscle...
lifting Hunter doesn't help so pulled muscles are common around here...
and now my list has grown to 852 things that need to be done today...
I think about 830 of those things are loads of laundry...
because for some reason there's a law that says the kids must be clothed when entering a school.
And well...
I have to admit that hubby also enjoys clean clothes for work as well...
but I'm easy...
I'm good with just jammies!
*giggles*

So even though I'm behind...
there's no way I could miss my very favorite Saturday activity...
introducing a new fabulous sketch for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!
This week we have an incredibly fun one from the incredibly talented Laurie Schmidlin...


And because Summer is coming to an end...
and I know new Holiday sets are right around the corner...
decided to break out one of my absolute favorite Halloween sets for this one...
maybe you remember Gracie at Halloween...


I've missed her over the past year...
and have been waiting to pull her out again!
This time I used greyscale with her...
I love this technique...
especially with this gorgeous vintage image that Claire so fabulously designed.
And the poem...
the poem is so perfect I melt every time I see it!

Used some new Authentique Halloween papers...
a little lace and seam binding...
and some black pearls to finish it off.


So are you ready to play along?
Take a hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and feast upon all the eye candy the Mischief Makers and DT have for you...
and then get inky!
Link your project up with the linky provided...
just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and if you're lacking...
check out the store here for some fabulous freebies from Claire...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

Don't forget about Blog Party coming up on the 17th!
This month the theme is BIRTHDAYS!
You can get all the details on Claire's blog here!
Can't wait to see what you create!!

Hope you have a wonderful week!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Gracie at Halloween
cardstock: WPlus9 Oatmeal, PTI True Black
Papers: Authentique
Misc: lace, seam binding, button and pearls





13 comments :

Helen said...

Renee this is a real beauty - I love the grayscale effect. I really must give that a go and it's do perfect in a Halloween card too. Sounds like you've had a busy time looking after everyone - sorry to hear you pulled a muscle - look after yourself as well don't forget;)

The Paper Parade said...

Renee, how cool that you used grey to color the witch!! It really looks like she is in the night sky. I hope that some of your long list gets completed today, and that the heating pad helped your muscle yesterday!

Suzanne D. said...

I pinned this because I love it sooooo much! Your gray coloring ROCKS, seriously, And I love it with those papers and that ribbon. I have boatloads of laundry to do as well. Later today I will get to it... Ice your back and take it easy! Feel better!!!

Joyce said...

Wow--what a fantastic card. I have no idea what the grey scale technique is, but I love the effect. Super take on the sketch, and so fun to think about Halloween. All that candy....So sorry to hear about your back. Hope you are feeling better soon. Perhaps you should teach Dinky how to do laundry, and tell him it is a fun new game.

Amy said...

Miss Renee, this is just outstanding coloring......however I'm not familiar with this technique either but it is just stunning with Gracie!~ I am so excited to see your creations with this set as you did awesome things last fall with this set!

Vickie Z said...

Going to have to look up the greyscale technique...fabulous with this image! Ohhh...I'm pooped thinking about your trips and laundry, ick!! Jammie girl myself....at least on the weekends when my family let's me play I. The craft room!

Sharron said...

Wow, so glad to see you using this set again--she's fabulous! And I love your greyscale technique! Love it with the gorgeous black ribbon and just a hint of color in the background---just stunning!

Marybeth said...

Well for a tired girl you sure made the most beautiful ,elegant Halloween card........love this one Renee! I will have to look up how you colored the witch.. Sorry your hurt again....glad your resting with the heating pad.

Kara said...

Great card!! Love that image!

Jeanne J said...

Gracie in monochromatic is amazing - makes the image even more vintage looking. Your shading is spot on Renee! What a beauty! And laundry... ugh...

Kim said...

Oh my, Gracie is so stunning. What an amazing card...Halloween is my favorite holiday and this card just screams Halloween, makes me want to pull out all of my decorations, but I know my husband will shoot me.

Kate said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Don't suppose you could give those of us with two left thumbs a quick lesson on tying beautiful bows !

Jill Norwood said...

Renee this is just a gorgeous, gorgeous card! I love the grayscale of the witch and this stamp set is on my wish list which just seems to keep growing! :) Hope your back gets better quick!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...