Saturday, August 18, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #111

Good Saturday morning everyone!
Hope you had a fabulous week and have fun plans for the weekend!
Do they happen to include a little crafty time for yourself because you know what Saturday's bring...
a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!!
This week we have a fantastic sketch from the incredibly talented DT member Julia Aston


And since I pulled Gracie out for last week's sketch it was only fair to give Cicely at Halloween a little time in the spotlight...


I decided to color her in sepia tones this time...
and I gotta say I love the sepia as much as the greyscale...
ok...
I admit it's just fun to play around with the coloring!
*giggle*
I flipped the sketch because it just worked better for me and then started by stamping that gorgeous Harlequin pattern from Heirloom Patterns that I just can't seem to get enough of lately in brown on orange cardstock...
then I used the small houndstooth...
again from Heirloom Patterns...
to stamp a border in orange...
a small grosgrain ribbon and button...
layering Cicely on top...
a little distressing and viola!
All done!

Before you you dive in and get inky because I know this sketch is calling your name...
hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the amazingly fabulous projects the Mischief Makers and DT have for you...
seriously...
there are some gorgeous ones that you will not want to miss!
And link up with the linky provided for your chance to be selected Top Mouse and one lucky participant will also win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product and if you're lacking...
don't worry!
Claire has some great freebies in the store for you here!
Can't wait to see what you create!

And don't forget there's still time to link up for our Blog Party that's going on right now...
the theme is BIRTHDAY and you can grab all the details here!

Hope you have wonderful week...
I'm off to do laundry because the back keep me in a chair on a heating pad all last weekend watching a The Real Housewives of New Jersey marathon and catching up on Teresa's craziness...
I'm seriously not stretching any truths when I say "Total WHACKADOODLE"!!
But Kara has assured me that not everyone in New Jersey is whackadoodle like that...
*giggle*
And tomorrow night's episode is going to be SO good...
I have to find out about the phone call!!
I'm on pins and needles for it!!
But today will be spent trying to correct all that happened last weekend when Dinky was left to his own devices by a brother and sister who didn't stop him from doing things while mom was in pain and dad was at work!
And laundry...
the constant in my life.
And tonight will find us at the football field cheering Robert on in a game of football...
his team won their first game last week 30-0!!
I had to miss it but luckily dad remembered the video camera and I got to see him when they got in!
And since we are having a cool spell around here...
it's going to be around 60...
a perfect night for football! :)
Hope you're having great weather where you are!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Cicely at Halloween, Heirloom Patterns
Cardstock: WP9 Oatmeal, PTI Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate
Misc: ribbon (SU), button, twine

13 comments :

  1. Great card Renee - the background pattern is a great pairing with the sepia toned image.
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog party post - nice to hear from a fellow Def Leppard fan. I went to the same school as Joe Elliott (although I was about 8 years behind him!) but his name was still carved into one of the desks in the art room and there was always a fight for who sat there between me and a couple of other fans!
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage look of the card, Renee :) And the houndstooth is great! Hope you are able to make it until the next episode of Housewives comes on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card. It's nice to think about Halloween, isn't it. Love your coloring, too. Perhaps you will do a tutorial one day on this technique. Have a fun day washing all the clothes. ugg. Hope your back is finally better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card and the one from last week. I don't need anymore Halloween stamps .....but I just might have to get these two. I really like t he way you colored her. I agree with Joyce, we would love to see how you did this. We are still not here . Don't you just love football ...even better when you watch your own son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE the way you coloured her!! This is such a beautiful, vintage Halloween card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lovin the Halloween cards Renee! YOu are going to be all set come October! Cicely looks amazing - love the vintage look your coloring adds! And the diamond background - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this Renee! What a great Halloween image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Hallows' Eve is coming and Claire has the most fabulous Halloween sets!!! This card is perfect...love the sepia coloring and of course, the BG stamping!!! Girl, I just get tired thinking about your busy life....wimpy...I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, Renee! love your Cicely in the browns - and all the sparks flying off her wand (WATCH OUT!!) Your backgrounds look wonderful on this as well!! hope your back is better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, you are just amazing! What a fabulous card and Cicely looks so sweet in her sepia tones. Your background is just as amazing and love the orange on brown, I am going to have to give that one a try. Feel better soon, enjoy your laundry and bundle up for the football game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cicely & Gracie are two of Claire's definitely must-have sets. Love when you use them! I don't have Gracie yet but need to order soon. Your sepia version looks awesome and I agree with Joyce that you need to do a tutorial on grey-scale & sepia coloring. And your backgrounds look fabulous too. Glad your back is better. I skipped Zumba this morning but at least my neck is better. Decided I need to rest up for a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her colored in shades of browm!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your cards. I thought I had commented on this one but it was still in my Reader. I am SO SORRY!

    I love the argyle and the gorgeous coloring (again)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...