Saturday, August 25, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #112

Edited 8-25-12 6:20am
This post went live before the recent post from Claire which you can read here.  But I want to ensure you that Claire is doing everything she can and is going above and beyond in taking care of everyone.  Her customers are so dear to her and she hates to disappoint more than I think words could express so please know that if you placed an order yesterday she is taking care of you!

Hello everyone!
Long time no blog!
A very busy week...
is there actually such a thing as a very relaxing week...
and if there is...
where can I find one?
*giggle*

So...what did you think of all the amazing new sets released yesterday?
Were you as gobsmacked as I was?
Seriously...
totally and completely flabbergasted at Claire's stunning designs...
the samples by the Claire and the DT...
just the excitement of waking each morning to see what eye candy was awaiting...
and then the anticipation of 1pm finally arriving yesterday afternoon!
Hope you got everything on your wish list!
Now the hard part...
the wait!
I know Claire is working hard at getting the packages ready to ship out...
and hopefully everyone has some happy mail arriving soon!
But in the meantime you can pull out some of your favorite Waltzingmouse sets and play along with a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to pass the time!
This week we have a fabulous sketch by the incredibly talented Mona Pendleton...


Now I've been on a Halloween kick lately and decided that I was going to have some fun with this one and keep with my current theme so I did this...


I turned that fabby bloom into a spidey web!
I used the gorgeous spider web die from Memory Box that my dear friend Suzanne sent to me...
and if you look close you'll see the spooky spider from Halloween Party stamped underneath to give the illusion...
I hope...
of him climbing the web.
All of this was done over a stamped background of Text It...
a seam binding bow and gem...
and then stamped the sentiment from Gracie at Halloween down in the lower corner on some Echo Park Apothecary digi paper...
some of my most favorite-in-the-whole-wide-world Halloween papers!

So ready to play along?
Skip over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and feast your eyes upon all the lovely goodies the Mischief Makers and Design Team have to inspire you and then get inky!
We can't wait to see what you create...
but just remember to use at least Waltzingmouse product and use the linky provided to link up your creation so we can come by and ogle!
One lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

Hope you have a fabulous week...
you know next weekend is a long weekend right?
I can never forget when Labor Day is approaching...
I have a little guy constantly reminding me that his birthday is coming which always falls right around...
and even on... 
Labor Day!
I think he must have tried to take it quite literally!
*giggle*

The Details:
Cardstock: WP9 Oatmeal, PTI True Black
Misc: seam binding, gem, lace, digi papers (Echo Park Apothecary)

15 comments :

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh what a fab Halloween card Renee! The spider looks so Spooky! Thanks for the inspiration!

Arlene said...

WOW, this is super cute!

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the spider in his web! Great papers and such a fun card! Have a good weekend.

Tracey McNeely said...

That spider web is fantastic Renee! Great interpretation of the sketch! Have a great day!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card. And, I don't even like spiders. But yours is just cute enough to like, and that web is so sweet. Need to check out that die...

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, what a great spider web die! Couldn't be any better with the spider in the background...yes, I get that illusion and the digital paper is perfect for this card. That big poofy bow works perfectly with the spider web die. Great card Renee, no one does WM Halloween like you.

Kelly S. said...

Ooooh Creepy Stunning! It's a whole new genre of card design :)!! Love the bow connecting the web to the card. I so LOVE when you use that lovely orange dotted paper on your Halloween cards! At least I think I remember it paired with Cicely before. It's such a fun shade and print for fall!

Jeanne J said...

You are totally Rockin Halloween Renee! Love that web and gosh that gorgeous bow... droool..... Pretty combination of papers and colors! oooh and that pretty lace too :)

Suzanne D. said...

UTTER perfection! Omgosh - I love how you didn't stick that web in the corner. I never would have thought of this and I love the trim that you used, the gem is stunning. Perfectly balanced! I love it!

Kim said...

Renee, such a stunning card and I would swear that your spider was in my daughters bedroom last night! Just about as big and even more scary in person. FABulous card and I can't wait to play along!

Marybeth said...

Love this Renee. Please STOP using WM Halloween stamps. I already had to go and order Gracie and the other witch because of you. Hope to have them by Monday. STOP! Love the web, sentiment and pretty bow! Bummer you didn't get to go to the game. Hope Hunter is feeling well by now.

Sharron said...

Oh, I just love that you did another Halloween card! The web is so cool and your bow is gorgeous! I hate to tell you but I don't mind spiders. I have even been known to carry one outside on a piece of paper rather than squash it! I know--you probably think I'm weird!! There was a black widow on a huge web outside our back door that made me a little nervous and I wanted to remove it but hubby insisted I leave it there. That's what happens when you're married to a biologist!!

The Paper Parade said...

That spider web is really cool, Renee! I love the way it is laid out on the card, unexpected, and sure makes a statement!

sooofullofcraft said...

This card POPS! I love it's simplicity and detail all at once (so hard to acheive). Colors, die cut, lace oh the list goes on, and polka dots... not sure whenHalloween cornered the market on polka dots but I'm so glad it did because you are rockin' it.

Anne-Elise said...

What a fun Halloween card, Renee! Love your gorgeous bow! Have a nice week-end!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...