Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cloud 9 Blog Hop

Good afternoon!
Popping in quickly with a card for this month's Cloud 9 Blog Hop...


this month Suzanne gave us an inspirational pic...
isn't this gorgeous...


I could go for a picnic like this!
Before I show you what I conjured up...
let me just say...
I'm horrible with inspiration pics...
I find them so hard because I never know what to focus on and then usually focus on too much...
but that's why it's called a challenge...
right?
Well...I stayed simple for this one...
colors.
Here we go...


All the die cuts and sentiment are from Wplus9's Folk Art Florals...
the blues are from that little box on the front of the table that draws your eye...
the green from the rolling hills...
the red from the flowers and the yellow from the candlelight.
I used Lil' Inkers Textured Frame IP for the border to signify the tree...
and then used Lil' Inkers Small Bow Die to cut a bow out of my absolute favorite paper ever...
Simple Stories Summer Fresh...
to bring in the flowers on the table.
Simple.
The way I like it.

So have your project ready?
You have until Tuesday the 11th to link up and have not only the chance to win a $25 GC from WPlus9...
this month you also have a chance to win a $20 GC from I (heart) Papers...
YAY!!!


12 comments :

  1. Super cute...love the wood-look frame to represent the tree, that was a great idea. I also really love that bow cut in the Summer Fresh paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame looks fabulous--such a great way to show off the little birds and birdhouse! Love how you used the colors and that bow is adorable--perfect with the flowered paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee - love your take on the inspiration! Love the wood grain for the tree and the way the frame sets off your "scene" of the birdhouse and birds! And the bow out of the sweet flowered paper is a great finishing touch to tie it all together! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Renee. You focused perfectly! Love the little birds, branch and birdhouse you used. It all looks wonderful framed in the Lil Inkers frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A scrumptious take on the inspiration photo! The layered birds and leaves and birdhouse are just the most perfect pops of color. The frame and bow are the icing on the cake! So lovely to see you joining us, you do such beautiful work Renee. I'm such a bad commenter, but know that I stop by regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, as always you seemed to be able to take a photo and turn it into a fabulous card! I love how you used the bow and that sweet floral paper, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on the inspiration photo. You have created such a sweet scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super scene, the bold colors really grab your attention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So SUPER SWEET!! Adore this - such a wonderful card!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Renee, the rustic frame is just gorgeous with your focal point! I love that you made it dark....it highlights the little house and birds so well! We need to catch up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great frame and beautiful pretty cluster of birds and leaves and bird house. Love it. Great work. Thanks for playing with us @ Cloud9:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that frame and I NEED to use it now! Renee, I love this! I know you said pics are hard for you, but you make this look amazing and easy! Great job using mostly dies, too - clever!! Thanks SO much for playing along this month!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...