Monday, September 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Blog Party

Good afternoon everyone!
It's that most wonderful time of the month...
you know what I'm talking about...

Party Time!!
Each month on the 17th Waltzingmouse Stamps hosts it's fabulously fun Blog Party where we can all get together and ogle everyone's incredible projects using our favorite Waltzingmouse Stamps!
This month the theme is FALL...
and there's so many directions you can take with this one because it's all about what Fall means to you...
the vibrant colors...
pumpkins...
leaves...
sports...
campfires...
even...
HALLOWEEN!
Mention Fall to my kids and their first thought is always Halloween, costumes and the most important thing of all...
CANDY!!
*giggle*

I decided to use the new sketch over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog again for this one...
check out this fabulous one from the incredibly talented Jennifer Holmes...


And here's what I did...


And because I have decided that my new favorite color combo for Fall is orange and navy...
because you know how I feel about navy...
THE most perfect color in the whole wide world...
here's a close up of the embossing and gold squares that I could not...
no matter HOW hard I tried...
get a good pic of...
and you also get a better peek at the navy...


These gorgeous images are from Peace and Plenty ...
then layered onto gold metallic paper and navy pinking squares...
and then they were layered onto a background stamped with Heirloom Patterns Harlequin.
Some gorgeous navy satin ribbon that was a recent birthday gift from my friend Kim...
who happens to know my love of all things navy...
Thank You, Kim :)...
and is some of the most gorgeous satin ribbon ever...
double sided and so incredibly soft...
I'm in love!!

And on that note...
I have to say that I have the most incredible crafty friends EVER!
I have the worst birthday to try and celebrate on...
and they know I like to keep things very quiet...
but if you could see the cards and gifts that quietly made their way to my door...
I have been in tears over it all.
And you will be seeing the gifts!
Trust me...
they know me well! :)
My heart is just swollen with love for these incredible women that are such a large part of my life...
and I am honored and blessed beyond measure to call each and every one of them my friend.
And trust me...
I'm coming out way ahead in this deal...
they have to put up with me...
and hubby will confirm that's not always an easy task!!
*giggle*

OK...
back to topic on hand!
If you don't have your project ready just yet...
no worries!
This Party lasts for 24 hours...
we're Irish...
what do you expect?
*giggle*
And you can get all the details on Claire's blog here!
No Waltzingmouse just yet?
Again...
no worries because Claire has got your back!
Check out all her freebies over in the store here!
And if you're stumped for a starting point...
check out all the inspiration using this week's sketch challenge over on the Sketch Challenge Blog here!
Can't wait to see you and all your crafty goodness at the Party!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Peace and Plenty, Heirloom Patterns
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts squares and pinking squares
Cardstock: SU Night of Navy, WPlus9 Oatmeal, PTI Terracotta Tile
Misc: ribbon (Britex) gold metallic paper (Michael's)

24 comments :

  1. WOW Renee - this is soooo Beautiful - so stylish and perfect - the gold embossing with those wonderful fall colors - absolutely LOVE your card!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, the gold embossing looks great! I love those little pinked squares behind them, too :) I'm glad you were spoiled on your birthday, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange and Navy!! I LOVE it and want to run to my table right NOW and make something with those colors!! The gold embossing is perfection... lovely work, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Renee it's stunning! So elegant ! I just adore the gold with the navy and orange. The embossing looks beautiful and so does you photography . Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange and navy?!? I love it. Never would have tried that on my own but it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh the colors, Renee! I would never have thought of this combination...then you topped it off with gold embossing? FABULOUS! The harlequin background is amazing...love the little layered pinked squares! You jazzed up the sketch to a whole 'nother level...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaw dropping gorgeous Renee! Your embossing is absolutely perfect! Love your choice of colours. I am hoping to join the hop next month--fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this colour combination and the simplicity of the stamped images in gold! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Renee. Your embossing really brings out the beauty of these fall images. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you incorporated that navy Renee! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sunshine!!!!

    Your embossing is perfect and I love this color combo for fall! Just beautiful!

    *cough* This lazy friend can officially tell you that Operation Renee's Birthday is in effect. Just you wait. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so wonderful. I love those gold embossed leaves. I think we approached this sketch challenge in a similar way, only yours is so much more detailed, elegant, and thoughtful. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What pretty embossing, love that gold and the cute black bow. I love the pinked squares you used on this one Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Renee--this is stunning! I LOVE the orange and navy! And the gold embossing looks so elegant! You added such wonderful details, like the harlequin pattern and the gold paper. I really LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love the orange and navy color combination and the gold embossing. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally got to your card Renee! I just LOVE the gold embossed stampings on the orange squares - and the wonderful pinked square navy framings accent them SO well!! Also LOVE the diamond background - beautiful!! (and I guess a 'Happy Birthday to you' is in order as well??!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee, you are just the BEST! FABulous card and I am really love your color combinations of orange, navy and that gold, just so stunning! I love it that you used the ribbon I sent you too, just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those gorgeously gold embossed images - so pretty! That Harlequin background is a great reminder to me to actually use it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, yes, gold embossed images - let's bring that back into vogue. Always such a beautiful result. I love the pinked edges peeking out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so SO pretty! I love the gold embossing and that argyle pattern in the background! Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok girl.....this is exquisite! I love that gold embossing and really stands out! I think you made a great decision in using those pinking edges for the squares as it adds soo much to your sketch card! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Miss Renee! Sorry I'm late! Love this stunner - the gold embossing is so rich and luscious! The pinked squares are a beautiful mat and I love how they match the pretty ribbon! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Renee, these colors and the gold embossing are so rich and elegant! Love the matting. Belated birthday wishes to you sweet Rennee!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Renee this is STUNNING! Such a PRETTY card!!!! I am so READY for FALL FUN!! :)
    So happy to hear you had a GREAT birthday.. Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!
    Hope you have a GREAT day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...