Saturday, September 1, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #113

Good Saturday morning everyone!
And if you're here in the States...
YAY!!
Long holiday weekend!
I found out on Thursday that I kind'a get an extra day to make it a 4 day...
3 of the kiddies are out on Tuesday for staff development...
though Hunter will still have school but since it's also Number 1 son's birthday...
we'll go out and make a day of it!
They love going to Hunter's school...
they think it's so incredibly cool to have an indoor pool and how she'll get to occasionally go swimming during the school day...
how she also has a bowling alley...
and her library is full of real animals...
stuffed of course.
There's a lion, a polar bear, deer, zebra to name a few...
an eclectic mix of animals from many, many years ago when the school was first opened...
some are now endangered species...
but to be able to go up to them...
to run your finger through the lions mane...
pet a polar bear...
these children can't always understand by just reading about them...
and they can't see pictures in a book...
so having these animals there...
to feel the sharpness of the teeth...
the softness of the fur...
to gain an understanding of the size of these animals...
it's an experience for the the blind...
and the sighted.

OK...so to kick off a long weekend...
how about a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge?
This week we have a fabulously fun sketch from DT member Lynn Mercurio...


And lately I've been seeing a lot of cards in black and kraft...
which just happen to be 2 of my favorite colors to work with so I decided to try this sketch using just those 2 colors...


I used a few sets on this one...
I heat embossed the willow from Blessed By You...
that fabulous checkerboard from Off Beat Backgrounds...
and some more embossing for the sentiment from Say It With Style.
Layered it...
tied it with some seam binding and a gem...
all done!

So...ready to play?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and take a gander at all the fabulous creations the Mischief Makers and Design Team have for you and then get inky!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product and link up with the linky provided...
one lucky person will win the stamp set of their choice for playing along!

And you know what today is...
September 1st...
so make sure to check out Claire's blog here for the latest details on Blog Party coming up on the 17th!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Holiday...
maybe I'll be able to sneak in some extra crafty time...:)
Oh...
who am I kidding?
Even on holidays...
there's laundry!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Blessed By You, Off Beat Backgrounds, Say It With Style
Cardstock: PTI True Black, Kraft
Misc: seam binding, gem




13 comments :

  1. Renee, this card is stunning - you have a way of capturing such a vintage look. I don't know if it's the kraft or the distressing but it looks like a treasured momento from years gone by. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really super - love the mono colour theme, very bold! Just super. It sounds like you're going to have a super holiday weekend - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! i've always loved this tree image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved the black and kraft you have used lately too Renee...so striking. I really like the checkered pattern you stamped, it goes so well with the gorgeous tree image. Very pretty card today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing my best to get in some extra crafty time!

    Renee, this card made my jaw drop on the floor. I could never make working with two colors look so easy and stunning! You know I love that tree, but paired with the checked background and the BOW! Love it to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, just beautiful and black and kraft are such a classy color combination. That tree is so stunning and I love how you finished off your card with the most perfect bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is just gorgeous in neutrals especially the checkerboard! And that bow.....it's phenomenal Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great card, Renee! I love the black and kraft and that tree is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic, Renee! I just love that tree and it looks so great in black on kraft! Your card is just stunning, especially with the checkerboard and that beautiful bow! Hope you are having a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you say STUNNING! I love the black on kraft it is so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the kraft and black! The willow tree is perfect! Glad the kiddos had a fun time and texture is perfect for all children to learn! Thinking about the adorable animals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, I thought I commented on this one when I first saw it. Sorry ! Well it's beautiful and very elegant all in black,and cream. Or Kraft .hope you are doing well, you must be so busy . Thanks for all your inspiration .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and elegant black and kraft card! Love the tree with the gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...