Saturday, September 8, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #113

Good morning everyone!
After an extra long weekend last weekend...
this one's looking pretty short...
and busy!
It's Saturday...
and that means football!
And tonight should be the perfect night for it...
after some rain this morning we're going to be down into the mid 50's...
so I'll have to remember to pack a blanket...
maybe even bring a cup of caramel latte. ;)

And since it's Saturday that means I also get to help introduce a new sketch challenge over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog...
and this week we have a fabulous sketch from the amazingly talented Anya Schrier...


I'm going to be honest and just say I had no idea what to do with all those circles when I first saw this...
they made me think of bubbles...
buttons...
so it only makes sense that I did this...


leaves!
OK...
and few buttons! ;)
I used the incredibly gorgeous Peace and Plenty for this one.
Colored those yummy fruits and leaves with Copics and then...
you may want to sit down for this...
I fussy cut all the leaves!
Yes!
I know!
Me?
Fussy cut!
The person who failed scissor cutting in kindergarten!
They were actually kind'a easy...
and I was surprised to find it was even a little fun!
But give me a choice between fussy cutting and a die...
I'm going to take the die every time!

I used my new Simple Stories Harvest Lane for the papers...
seriously...
I believe Simple Stories is my absolute favorite paper company these days...
a little lace...
some gingham ribbon...
and it was done!

So ready to get inky and play along?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the fabulous inspiration the Mischief Makers and Design Team have for you...
then link up your creation with the linky provided for your chance to be chosen as Top Mouse and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product on your project to be eligible.

And don't forget about Blog Party coming up on the 17th...
this month's theme is FALL and you can get all the details on Claire's blog here!

Hope you have a wonderful week...
until next time!





14 comments :

  1. What a beautiful Autumn card (still in UK mode for this season). Love the background papers, pretty ruffle ribbon and beautifully coloured image! The fussy cut leaves are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love how you interpreted the bubbles as leaves!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Autumnal colours Renee - I feel like I could reach out and grab that pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hand cut leaves,and deep blue grapes. Great choice to make an autumn card. You could have added a picture of your son and then so footballs to the side,jk. The black gingham looks wonderful. Enjoy the game tonight .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Renee, it is really pretty! I love all the colors, and I especially love the way the leaves are coming off the card in their little bunch, that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and pretty card. I do love all those fussy cut leaves. Enjoy your autumn. Sounds like it is already here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, this is so beautiful! Your leaves are just amazing, and you cut them out so perfectly, I am so impressed! I too love this time of year but unfortunately we have warm weather and I would really prefer some cool and cloudy days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT! The coloring on the fall fruits is so pretty...especially the pear that is perfectly shaded. The leaf & button cluster is spectacular...3 cheers for some fussy cutting! The little folded gingham ribbon makes me swoon...and OH that paper! Must crack into mine SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Renee, love the leaves and the great shading on the Peace and Plenty images. Love the buttons...I saw bubbles too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How was the game--did they win? Love the fabulous coloring on your card and all those fussy cut leaves! Great idea to use them with some buttons--makes such a fantastic fall accent! I'm SO thankful for cooler temperatures. It's finally in the 80s here with wonderfully cool evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful take on the sketch! Love the fall fruits and those leaves/buttons are fabulous! A+ fussy cutting! Hope the ball game was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Renee - this is so beautiful! Love all the color here, the distressing and that pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful autumn card, Renee! Love the leaves, the buttons and the pretty lace and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card~hope you don't mind I used leaves too! They are on my mind....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...