Saturday, September 15, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #115

Good Saturday morning!
Hope everyone has had wonderful week...
been busy here!
And next week...
even worse!
It's homecoming here...
and with Haley now in high school...
it's a big deal and she'll be staying after school every day working on the freshman class float for the parade on Friday...
which means I'll be in my car even more than normal since Robert is taking a gun safety class and I'll be the one driving to pick her up every night!
So what is homecoming like in your hometown?
Is it a really big deal or just "ehh"?
We have a huge pep rally on Friday morning...
literally all morning...
music...
skits...
then the schools let out at half day so everyone can go to the parade down Main Street...
and then the big game Friday night...
I still remember it so well from when I was in high school...
and I know she's going to have so much fun experiencing it for herself now!
I still can't believe I have one in HIGH SCHOOL!!!
YIKES!!
Where has time went?

OK...so instead of talking about my HIGH SCHOOLER and how anyone who is only 29 can have one in high school *giggle*...
let's talk about the fabulous new sketch this week over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
This one is brought to you by the incredibly talented Jennifer Holmes...


I love squares and knew exactly what I was going to do with this one...
true to me I kept it simple...


Back to Halloween and for this I used images from Halloween Party to create the panels.
Isn't this set like one the coolest Halloween sets ever?
I think it ties with Wanda's Pantry!
I did some selective inking on the sentiment to make it "square" versus oblong...
and then distressed and tea stained each of the squares before adhering to the pinking squares.
That's some new Authentique Enchanted paper behind and then a little seam binding and a gem...
all done!

So ready to join in the fun?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the incredible projects the Mischief Makers and DT have to inspire you...
then link up your creation with the linky provided for your chance to become Top Mouse and...
don't forget that one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product to be eligible!

And don't forget about Waltzingmouse Blog Party on the 17th!
This month the theme is FALL...
and you can get all the details on Claire's blog here!
Hope to see you there!


10 comments :

Deborah Frings said...

What a super fun Halloween card - I like the papers and the sweet squares!

Have a good week - make sure you have some "me" time!

Kim said...

Your high school homecoming sounds exactly how mine was 20 some years ago! FUN! I love your card! I love simple too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Homecoming sounds like so much fun, we don't have homecoming in Canada. I hope you all have a great week. I so know what you mean about being only 29 and 1 in high school--I am in the same boat with 1 in grade 12 and me being the same age as you! LOL Love your card Renee it is so so much fun and I love your pinked squares and the the background paper. You should enter this over at CAS-ual Fridays too!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful and fun Halloween card. Love the tiny bit of color in the background. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the sketch .
Well, homecoming is a big deal here but I guess not as big as a main street parade! We have 4 large high schools in our town. We just had HC last night at the school my children attended. Oh I loved those HS day with my kids and it went by so fast. Love the gun safety class. I should take one.

Sharron said...

Wonderful Halloween card! Love how all the images are stamped in black with just a hint of color in the background paper! And your bow, as always, is gorgeous! Homecoming sounds like a lot of fun--probably more so in a smaller town! Hope Haley has a fantastic week!

Kim said...

What an adorable Halloween card....I had no idea you were that old either! Sounds like you won't get a break until around New Year's. Love your striped background too, looks great with your stamped images. Just too cute.

Amy Kolling said...

High school, really???! What a fun and busy time for you! I remember those days like yesterday. Tell her to enjoy EVERY minute of them! Love your card with those Halloween icons...they look awesome on that striped spooky paper! We will catch up SOON! (I'm having a garage sale this next weekend so I'll try you the next week!)

Vickie Z said...

Love those Halloween images! Perfect for this sketch! Have a fun homecoming week!!!

Suzanne D. said...

Another perfect take on this sketch, Renee! I love that Robert is taking those classes. I can't picture it! Football yes, gun safety not so much. :)

Kara said...

Great card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...