Saturday, September 22, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #116

Good morning everyone!
Hope you have had a fabulous week...
I'm just glad it's over!
This has been one of the most hectic, on the run weeks I think...
ever!
And now...
just one more to get through and we'll have a two week break!
Two weeks of sleeping in...
two weeks of jammie days...
two weeks of no schedule...
almost!
We were originally planning on going to FL to visit hubby's mom who recently moved down there...
but after Issac invaded the Gulf a few weeks ago...
and she moved south of Tampa...
I changed my mind and decided we'd in go in the spring...
no hurricane season in the spring!
I'm brave like that!
*giggle*
So now we're going to stay home and hopefully get some projects done before winter moves in...
and there could possibly be a new craft table in my future if I'm really good!

And then there's my favorite yearly event...
I look forward to this every year...
The Southern Festival of Books!
I love going to hear the authors...
and one of my most favorite reads this year...
Gone Girl...
Gillian Flynn is going to be there!
Along with oodles more that I can't wait to hear and meet.
I know.
It sounds boring to anyone who isn't a book addict...
but trust me...
it's way more interesting than you may think!

Now it's Saturday...
and because Saturday is such a special day...
we love to celebrate it each week with a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and this week we have a fabulous sketch from the Head Mouse herself...
Claire Brennan...


And since I'm deep in Halloween and fall mode...
came up with this little ditty...


I used one of my favorite Halloween sets...
Cicely at Halloween...
and that wonderfully fabulous poem for the focal point.
I LOVE that poem!
Then I stamped my favorite background...
Harlequin from Heirloom Patterns...
seriously...
have you tried it?
I love that I can give it a distressed look just by not pressing down in certain places...
maybe even having my ink a little "messy" on the stamp...
gives it such a vintage look when done this way.
I heavily tea stained the edges but then went back over them with a light touch of black ink to really darken them.
That little strip of paper...
from Authentique's Enchanted collection.
A little lace...
and see those pumpkins peeking out...
that's actually ribbon.
I've had it for years...
longer than I've been making cards!
I had picked it up for a class project and decided I liked it too much to put on candy for 5 year old's who would just throw it away...
so I hoarded until something worthy came along!


So ready to join in the fun?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the incredible projects the Mischief Makers and DT have to inspire you...
then link up your creation with the linky provided for your chance to become Top Mouse and...
don't forget that one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product to be eligible!

And can't wait to see what you create!

Until next time!

12 comments :

  1. Fabulous Halloween card - I agree that this is a super little poem. I do like those cute little pumpkins on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all! The argyle, the strips, the sentiment! SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the queen of Halloween Renee...you always make such great Halloween cards, love the harlequin background and it does look beautiful distressed. I love that little poem stamp and you saved that pumpkin ribbon for the absolute perfect project. I thought they were crocheted when I first looked at them and wondered if you had taken up a new hobby since you have so much spare time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Halloween card Renee, the vintage effect is amazing! The orange harlequin background with that fun Halloween quote is perfect and totally set off by your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had such a hectic week, but its over now. Two weeks off already, wow! Love the little poem, and you gorgeous vintage card. Looks like something I might seen in the window at Disneyland this time of year. Beautiful stamped background too. Enjoy the go no where two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the different textures and patterns on your card! That poem is definitely cool. I'm glad this week is over for you...and a two week break? What is that called like a fall break? That will be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gone Girl....good book...the twists and turns...!! My book club just read A Familiar Shore... And we're meeting the author too...fun! Anyway...the card is wonderful!!! Love the heirloom diamond pattern...love the sentiment/poem! Wishing I could do jammies for two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I've said this before, but you have a real knack for creating a beautiful vintage look! Love the distressing and the papers you used. The pumpkins are a beautiful addition! Enjoy your time with the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully vintage Halloween card! The harlequin pattern and stripes are fabulous and the little pumpkins work great. I just got a yard of that ribbon. Wasn't sure where I would use it but thought it was cool! Glad the Book Festival is on the horizon. I know you'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THose silk pumpkins are a perfect addition to your amazing card and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great Halloween card, Renee! Love the fab background and the pumpkins! Have a great time! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...