Saturday, September 29, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #117

Good morning!
It's a happy, happy, joy, joy kind'a day...
not only is it Saturday...
but fall break started yesterday at around 3pm...
whoo-hoo!!
So I will be enjoying the next couple of weeks with no alarm clock...
and some jammie days...
starting...
today! :)

But first I get the pleasure of helping introduce a new sketch over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog...
and this week we have a tasty treat from wonderfully talented DT member Kelly Schrimer...


And Kelly and I were talking last week about my new favorite fall color combo...
navy and orange...
because navy is the most perfect color in the whole wide world...
and I challenged her to use it last week on her card...
and she did an amazing job with Gracie at Halloween...
did you see it?
Go here to get a glimpse!
So this week I picked up the gauntlet and decided that Cicely needed a little navy lovin' so here's my interpretation of this fabulous sketch...


All images are from Cicely at Halloween...
and before you say something...
yes!
I made a little flub.
In my excitement of using my new Lil' Inkers Stitching Mats for this one...
I forgot the little dodads at the bottom :(
But I did add the little stitched sentiment flag on the side so we'll call it creative interpretation shall we?
*giggle*

I colored Cicely with Copics and then matted her onto some SU Not Quite Navy cardstock...
and then matted that onto some orange chevron from MME Haunted.
Notice the stitching detail on each layer...
they're all cut with the Stitching Mats.
Tied a jute twine bow...
a little button...
and all done!


So ready to join in the fun?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the incredible projects the Mischief Makers and DT have to inspire you...
then link up your creation with the linky provided for your chance to become Top Mouse and...
don't forget that one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product to be eligible!
Can't wait to see what you create!

And make sure to check Claire's blog on Monday the 1st for details of the October Blog Party!

Until next time!

15 comments :

  1. I do think this is a super colour combination. Cicely looks absolutely fabulous in Navy - your colouring is fab! Love the stitched frames!

    Enjoy the Fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You colored her beautifully!! I LOVE Navy too, and it looks so great with orange for fall! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, you got your hands on those new goodies~awesome look Renee~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love her...especially all in blue! Enjoy your autumn break. Wish we had that here;). I'm feeling a little under the weather today so instead of cleaning I think I'll try to join you in this sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy you got your new dies fast! Cicely looks beautiful in navy and blues! Love your new dies, looks like a quick way to add detail. Enjoy your fall break. I am a big fan of navy as well. Lover your coloring ,one day I will color her in. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee....this is just gorgeous coloring I'm just gasping! It's fabulous! Now girlie....your use of the new stitched mats is perfect. This added so much to your card!!! Enjoy your break......maybe now we can catch up? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. And, now, you are making me add even more Lil'Inkers to my list. You should get a commission. Enjoy your fall break. I expect to see lots of cards from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy fall break! I love that chevron paper, and how you colored the witch blue, unexpected, but looks awesome! I also love the little tag sticking off the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no. No no no. I don't need that die. (Buuuut it would help a seriously challenged sewer like me!) And those Copics? I don't need those colors, either. (But then again, Cicely is FAB in Navy!)

    Your coloring is seriously to die for. This card might break my bank account. Thank goodness...I think I have some orange chevron paper so at least I've got THAT part covered. So amazing, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chevron paper and Cicely is colored fabulously!!! Ahhh...Jammie days...I get up early but, love when I can take my time getting "dolled up"!!! Purchased Sharp Objects ..only a couple pages in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee your colouring is fabulous, the card is so much fun and it doesn't need do dads, gorgeous without them. Loe that you got in the zone. Jealous that you have the stitched mat they were OOS when I went to order yesterday--boo hoo. You have been pinned my friend. Enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is darling! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, Renee, you're really tempting me with that new die! I saw it but didn't place an order yet and it doesn't help to see your gorgeous card! Love Cicely is her navy garb--orange & navy really are great fall colors! Enjoy your break!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Renee - Love the orange and navy... you are so right. navy is so under used and looks fabulous here! The die with the stitching has me thinking you are going to set off a new trend too! Cicely looks amazing - your coloring is beautiful! I still say you are brilliant at making this look vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, fabulous Halloween card, Renee! Love your beautifully colored image and the stitched frames! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...