Friday, November 30, 2012

12 Kits - November

Hello, Hello!
It's that time of the month again...
time for another...


And this month our hostess is the incredibly wonderful Jeanne...
and let me just say that when this kit arrived last month...
OMGoodness!!
There was so many goodies inside...
Christmas came early!!
Seriously...
here's a peek...


And that wonderful photo is from our incredible Kara...
who even though there was a catastrophic storm headed straight for her...
still remembered to snap a pic!
Me?
I would have been stocking up on Mtn Dew and Twinkies...
and then hitting the road for higher ground because I'm brave like that!
*giggle*

OK...
so you'll want to actually stick around 'cause I got some goodies for you at the end of this...
but here's what I did with only an incredibly small portion of what Jeanne sent...
seriously...
you should see the list.
Serendipity Stamps and dies...
Cheery Lynn, Spellbinders, Memory Box, Marianne Creatables dies...
seam binding, twine, velvet and lace ribbons...
buttons, gems...
cardstock and patterned papers...
it was an AH-MAZ-ING kit!!

And since Jeanne is a girlie girl...
seriously...
her cards are stunningly gorgeous layers of perfection...
ribbons and die cuts...
fru-fru...
I just imagine her in real life with clothes that match everyday...
and that she fixes her hair and puts on makeup just to go to the mailbox.
Me?
If I remember to brush my hair before heading out in the mornings I'm like...
"Whoo-hoo...
I'm dressed up today!"
But I just imagine Jeanne as so girly...
so it only makes sense that I do...
sweet and simple!
*giggle*







Do you think I could have possibly left a clue to my personality here...
possibly my serious love of all things plaid?
*giggle*
Yup!
I used every single bit of that tartan...
reminds me of my younger days and my love of the Bay City Rollers...
couldn't resist!

OK...
hold on for just a bit longer!!
Now...
in honor of our 12 Kits posting this month...
Mary Dew Lee...
the owner of Serendipity Stamps...
is having a one day sale...
20% off all Christmas!!
So make sure to drop by and pick up some of these gorgeous images for yourself...
that Santa?
I think you need him.
He is SO incredibly adorable I just die!!

But that's not all!!
Make sure you drop by and visit all of the girls...
leaving comments along the way...
and there's a prize!!
I'm not telling you what it is...
you have to go along to all the girls first and I'm saving Jeanne for last where she will have all the details!
Sneaky!! :)
Plus...
we have a special guest this month...
more info will be coming soon on some changes that will be coming up in the new year...
but the incredibly sweet and uber talented Kelly Schirmer from Gingham Girl is joining us this month as well!
See...
told you!
All kinds of goodies!
Now hop along and see what everyone else was able to come up with using this incredible kit...

Kelly
Cathy
Suzanne
Marybeth
Joyce
Amy
Christina
Kim
Kara
Jessica
Sharron
Jeanne

OK...
a long post...
I know...
but just a little longer!
If you've visited in the last couple of weeks you know I've been busy making all kind of Christmas goodies and the big tree is done so here's a couple of shots...



A close view of some of the handmade ornaments...
and remember this...


Here it is with the little gifts tucked in...
ala Little House on the Prairie style...


tissue paper and twine!
The kids have already divied up the days...
and Dinky has been caught on more than one occasion trying to sneak a package!

Now...
go visit everyone and see what they created...
and remember to leave comments along the way for a chance to win a fabby prize...
and we'll be back again next month where our wonderful Sharron is hostess...
can't wait to see what she has for us!!

Make sure to stop back by again tomorrow for a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!


22 comments :

Jeanne J said...

Oh Renee I just couldn't wait to see what you would do with this kit. You took it in a totally YOU direction and it is amazing! I love the clean look of the cards and how you let the images do all the talking! I love the way you used the plaid and I could take a few lessons here! You rocked his! Oh and your tree is gorgeous - as I knew it would be - I can imagine the holidays at your house all warm and cheery - you're the best mom - making so much magic for your kids!

Carol P said...

I absolutely LOVE these designs and the plaid paper just sets it off-great designs!

f9d3aa40-3b0a-11e2-b20a-000bcdcb471e said...

I love plaid too!! You can never go wrong with plaid..especially on your lovely cards!!

Marybeth said...

You are amazing! I love that you have a bit of a theme going hear and so well suited to you and your style. Love the way you used the plaid and black truly stunning Renee! Love the way you did the red ribbon tabs on the Santa card. The sled is just gorgeous. All of them are wonderful, this was a great kit!
Your tree is stunning and all he love that went into it….. just beautiful. Your family is so blessed to have you for their mom and wife.

Kim said...

Renee, your cards are so stunning and I have to agree with Jeanne, that they are all so YOU! Like everyone's cards, I am happy to have leftovers to play with and I think that is one of the things I will be doing this weekend. Your tree is just as amazing, so beautiful and I love all of the wonderful little goodies that you made too, what a Mom!!!!

Joyce said...

So much eye candy on the post--love all your cards. You stayed very true to your own style. I love how you find a way to get plaid everywhere. I think my favorite is the card where you framed Santa. That was really so clever. And, thanks for the pictures of your tree and Advent project--now I know how busy you have been.

Sharron said...

WOW-PLAID--I just LOVE what you created! I still have some of mine so now I have some wonderful ideas to CASE! I wanted to do something special with my deer and yours with the plaid are gorgeous. And I agree--your cards are truly you! And all are so wonderful!! TFS the pictures of the tree and finished Advent project. All your work really paid off. Your house must look so beautiful and festive!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Renee, I could stay at your post all day. All of your projects today and just fantastic! I love the reindeer on your last cad, and your tree is gorgeous!

Kara said...

Beautiful!! From the cards to the decorations!!I loed that plaid too! Your cards are just gorgeous!!

Cathy Weber said...

First...what a ginormous tree! It is so beautiful and I love all those cute ornaments. Your advent box looks so cute, Little House on the Prairie style...that was so funny, but I totally see it. Your 12 kits cards are so great Renee...yes, I can tell you love plaid! My favorite is the one with the Santa and the red ribbon on the side. Such a great idea...loved them all!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards and a lovely tree! It looks like the kit is full of lots of creative goodies!
DeniseB

Kelly S. said...

Look at us, the Tartan Plaid Tarts, LOL! Well, I WAS all over it, heeee! LOVE your sketches on every single card. That was the hardest part of all for me, I think. I would see all of Jeanne's lovely things and say I want that, no THAT! You have showcased so many of her items perfectly! LOVE that ornament card with the little sleighs along the bottom. Your deer card is stunning with the stitched die and the triple bells!

And OH your amazing TREE! No wonder you put it up early...I would want to look at it for as long as I could, too. Your ornaments looks SO lovely!

Amy McCue said...

I love the plaid as well! I would have used it all, too!

Charmaine Stack said...

all your creations really highlight and focus on the main image. They all have a lot of punch!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow Renee, how do I choose just one favorite?? The ornament card with the sleighs at the bottom......probably ranks #1. I really like that you used the gingham paper to highlight all the fabulous images Jeanne sent. There is so much more I can so with this kit now that I've seen your cards!! Your tree is so homespun and gorgeous!

BethieJ said...

Renee I LOVE them all!! What a FABULOUS kit!!!! and I LOVE your holiday shares.. I so WANT to make an advent calender.. and each year Dec comes and I RUSH to buy one (guess WHAT I am gonna be HUNTING down today!! hee hee!!) Maybe next year.. or maybe THIS year.. I got time dont I?!! ;) LOVE your tree.. so PRETTY!
Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Karenladd said...

Oh I am loving everything I see on this hop! You've been busy busy with your card making and I love everyone of them!

The Paper Parade said...

Renee, you did a great job this month! I just love the deer card, I can't get over how great they look on any card! Then your santa card...he is a great santa, he really is! And I love the bells in the bow of the first card. And then your tree...WOW! Its gorgeous! And that advent calendar...that is so awesome, Renee!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! what an incredible post! Love all those plaid Christmas cards. Very elegant.
Your Chrismas tree is gorgeous. Love all those handmade ornaments. the packages wrapped in kraft look stunning under the tree.
Your advent calendar is darling. Love it.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow I just saw so many pretty things in this post that I don't know what to comment on first... but yay to your pretty Christmas tree! I love the cards and that advent is awesome!!!!

Suzanne said...

Seriously, you kill me! The gold bells, the sleigh border, the ribbon tabs - amazing!

And I laughed reading about combing your hair and being dressed up - most days I am like "Crap I have to go to work today, which means I need to comb my hair." LOL!

Christina said...

Sooo much holiday goodness in this post, Renee! Your first card in shades of green with the gold bells is my favorite of the bunch--so classic. I love your simple treatment of the detailed sled image, and how you incorporated so much of that fabulous plaid paper this month! Your tree is absolutely gorgeous, too, and even more special because of the love you put into make the ornaments. Thanks for all of the inspiration this month! Now if I only had 8 more weeks until Christmas! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...