Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I've Been Busy...

Hello! Hello!
Popping in very quickly...
I know...
don't faint!
Me?
Posting mid week?
What's up with that...
right?
But I've been busy getting ready for my most favoritest season of the year...
CHRISTMAS!!
Yup!
I'm putting up trees...
lighting the lights...
hanging garland...
I love decorating for the holidays!
I love the way the house just "feels" during the holidays...
so warm and cozy...
so inviting.
Alright...
I'll admit that with my Lynch Mob...
also very chaotic...
but I seem to find that extremely comforting too.
Let's me know that life is preceding as planned! :)

So with decorating I'm really behind on everything else right now...
a thousand and one things to do so it only makes sense that I spent all day yesterday...
making ornaments!
When laundry piles up...
and the kitchen needs to be cleaned...
time to hide in the craft room and hope the house fairy comes for a visit!
*giggle*
She didn't by the way.
BUT...
hubby was off yesterday for Veteran's Day and let me just tell you...
I don't believe there is anything sexier than a man folding laundry!
*wink*
I do love that man!

So really quickly...
here's a couple of ornaments that I whipped up yesterday...


I used my WPlus9 Stacking Stars and cut the 2 largest sizes...
one in recycled corrugated paper...
the other in some Christmas music that I bought off Etsy.
A little seam binding and rusty jingles...
and I adhered them too WPlus9's new Wafer Board and applied a little Mod Podge to make them sturdier so they last a few Christmases...
and there's now a collection hanging on the tree!


And this one is a Dollar Tree plastic candy cane wrapped in twine...
some gingham ribbon...
and using some of the left over corrugated paper...
I cut the teeny star from Stacking Stars...
a button and twine and some teeny rusty jingles...
love it!!
Though I was injured quite a bit making these...
I keep forgetting that the glue coming from the hot glue gun is actually like really hot...
and today my fingers were kind'a tender...
I went and picked up more candy canes this morning because I have 9 feet of tree and I just really love these so I want more.
I also picked up some other goodies...
seriously...
Dollar Tree is like a DIY'ers paradise of possibilities...
but you'll have to wait for those projects!
Only I also had a mission this morning...
was on the hunt for a certain item and managed to score one at my first antique store stop...
can you guess what I'm going to do with this...


I will give hints...
all of these ideas came from Pinterest.
Sorry...
I'm not original.
I have 4 kids.
I'm too tired to be original...
*giggle*
But I do add my own little touches to ideas I see along the way...
and I can't wait to get started on this one!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week...
see you on Saturday for a new sketch challenge and since it's the 17th...
Waltzingmouse Blog Party!!!
The theme this month is GRATITUDE...
hope to see you there!

11 comments :

  1. Your home made ornaments are so cute Renee...love those stars and how smart you were to make that candy cane too. Very pretty, bet your kids are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new additions are so lovely Renee. There is nothing more beautiful on a tree than homemade ornaments. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new ornaments!! Can't wait to see more of your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute! These would look really good on my tree :)I always tell myself that I'm going to make ornaments...and then I get too busy and it never gets done. Maybe someday. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you're decorating for Christmas already!! Love those hanging ornaments, that twine wrapped cane is so rustic and warm, along with the star and rusty jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw these on Instagram and loved them there, too! Your DIY attitude is so inspiring, and these ornaments turned out fabulous. They would make such nice additions to a gift as well. Can't wait to see what you come with using the soda crate! And.. Lynch mob? LOVE that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the home made ornaments for the tree. Can't wait to see what you turn the box into.

    I have all the ones that my children made in the box - they come out every year and bring back memories of when they were tiny! I guess we might be decorating early this year - our first American Thanksgiving!!!

    Have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these homemade ornaments are way to adorable, love them. I love the country charm . The candy cane is just too darn cute! I am with you I love the way the house feels and looks at this time. It takes so much time to put up so why not enjoy it as long as we can. Sounds like a great and smart guy you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ornaments are so adorable! Love the little rusty bells! I bet your tree covered with all the homespun decorations is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee your post made me giggle! I love the line: I am too tired to be original! Made me smile! Love your ornaments! So clever and so fun! I am going to start decorating for the holidays this week too! There is just something about this time of year that warms the heart!
    Hugs!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came across this post, Renee, and had to let you know that your ornaments are as scrumptious as a tall glass of sweet tea. And, like Jill, your line about being too tired to be original made me smile. The Renee touches that you add make everything just charming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...