Thursday, November 15, 2012

No...The World Is Not...

coming to an end.
At least not yet!
I know in recent months it's been a very rare occasion to catch me posting more than once..
twice a week...
but after the holidays...
there's some big changes coming to my schedule...
more on that later...
so prepare for Armageddon then...
*giggle*

No...I finished my next project...
and I know this could be taken the wrong way...
but I die over it...
and have to share!
Again...
this idea came from Pinterest so it's not original for me...
I just did my own thing with it.
Ready?
Here's what I started with...


an old wooden Coca-Cola crate...
and this is what it became...


My new advent calendar!!
Isn't it cool?
It's so ME!
Country to the core...
except for my musical tastes...
but we've already discussed how I'm an embarrassment to my country roots and the fact that I live right outside of the home of country music...
but in my defense...
my teen thinks I'm uber cool and I rock!!

So I should have warned you but there's a few more pics...
a closer view of the tags...


I used Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Label #5 and corresponding Nestie dies to cut the "tag"...
for lack of a better term at the moment (I still need more coffee!)...
out of WPlus9's Oatmeal cardstock and then adhered onto what you don't see...
their new wafer board.
I then hotglued some twine looped onto the back and then glued another wafer board die cut onto the backside...
makes these tags super sturdy!
If you haven't tried the wafer board...
you need some.
Seriously...
it's now a "stock item" in my stash...
I'll never be caught without it because it is just so useful for so many different things!
But I thought the Very Vintage Labels #5 were the perfect shape, size and look I wanted for my countdown...
and if you look closely...
you'll see that each one is stamped lightly with some of the different snowflakes from WPlus9"s Folk Art Flurries...
and then I used Waltzingmouse Victorian Alphabet to stamp my numbers!
I love the look...
vintage...
country...
now you know why I love these two companies.
Claire has the most incredible vintage images ever...
and Dawn...
well...she's my country!
And don't you think they can mesh so well together?

OK...
here's a shot of kind'a what it'll look like as we count down the days...


I really just shoved some tissue I literally had right at my fingertips...
so no goodies tucked in yet.
Plus...
we're talking my kids.
If there's candy in those little cubbies...
it'll never make it to December and the actual countdown!
Closer to December I'll actually wrap little "gifts" to be unwrapped each morning by whichever kiddo has that day...
seriously...
we have to take turns or massive anarchy incurs occurs.
(edited:  Now you see what happens when I try to do something before at least one pot of coffee has entered my system!)
I don't call them the Lynch Mob without a reason!
*giggle*

Here's a shot of the idea pic that got me started on this...

Pinterest http://jswfield.blogspot.com
And you can see that there's so many ways to turn this into something that's your own personal style...
so what do you think?
Is swinging by the antique store now on your "to do" list?
Maybe hunting in the attic or basement for one of these old crates?

Now...
a real quick peek at my next project...


But can't start till I finish my project for Waltzingmouse Blog Party that's coming up this Saturday...
you didn't forget did you?
There's still plenty of time to get a project done...
and this month's theme is GRATITUDE...
how perfect for just before Thanksgiving?
Hope to see you then!

20 comments :

  1. That is SO awesome!! By far the best advent calendar I have seen! I may have to case you. It's beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I will say it again. Wow. This is so great and what a good idea...you took the original and made it so customized for you and your family. Love the tissue idea and the sturdiness of it all. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the tags. Great job.

    And I love your sense of humor. I laughed out loud (which was a bit awkward since I'm home alone) reading your post. Lynvh mob, hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I LOVE it! This is just your style, Renee! You have put it together beautifully, the tags are stunning! I hope you'll take pictures again once you've filled it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is wonderful, Renee! I love how perfect that Coke crate worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee this is fantastic! I LOVE this advent calendar idea. No question it is country to the core, but oh so fabulous. I am sure it will be a hit. Now you have peaked my curiosity with your tease of the next project...and yes I am working on WM today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it! ;) This came out so awesome Renee!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a fantastic project you made. You have been a busy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....it's wonderful!! Fabulous idea and love the tag shape you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! This is AWESOME!!! You should send it to Claire so she can show it on the WMS blog!!! - and it is so YOU! I'd love to have this for Ted - but he'll have to do with his Santa this year too...
    Have a wonderful day, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MAN!!!! Now I want this!!!!! Oh Renee I just love this. You did a beautiful job! I love your tags! Thanks for sharing…. I am on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a truly fabulous Advent calendar! Such a brilliant job. I agree with Karin - send a piccy to Claire to share!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how cool Renee! Love this idea - and the boxes are big enough to put real things in too! I can see this new tradition getting passed down to your grandkids someday! And it looks built to last too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Renee--this is SO AWESOME! Your tags are adorable and I love that the spaces in the crate are large & roomy--so many more options for what you can put inside. You are being so incredibly creative. I'm loving all your wonderful Christmas creations. Gosh, it isn't even Thanksgiving and you are so ahead of schedule!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in AWE! This is such a wonderful advent calendar idea! Love the tags you used and I bet your family will just adore having this as part of their holiday traditions! So inspiring my dear! Thanks for sharing!!! :)Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, oh this is soooo fabby!!! What a gem of a calendar!! this is brilliant!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. TOTALLY gorgeous!! You did an amazing job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG OMG OMG...how did I miss this?! It's SO AWESOME RENEE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...