Saturday, November 3, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #122

Good Saturday morning everyone!
Hope y'all all had a great week!
And if you're on the East coast...
hoping that you weathered Storm of the Century (for now) Sandy with little or no damage!
That storm was massive...
we even felt some of the effects here in TN.
Some areas in the mountains of East TN got 40 inches of snow...
and we had cold, gusty winds for 2 days!
On Wednesday I was driving on an overpass in Nashville and literally was gripping my steering wheel with both hands and trying to just stay in my lane the wind was gusting so bad!
I couldn't imagine being on the East coast when the storm actually hit and what y'all had to go through...
our thoughts and prayers are with you!

But lets get to something fun...
everyone needs a little fun right?
And what better than a new sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog?
This week is super simple sketch because well...
that's how I do 'em!


And since I will begin decorating for Christmas this weekend...
yup!
Hubby has been instructed to start pulling it down from the attic because I'm going into Christmas mode...
I thought it only fitting that I start it off with a Christmas card...


Pulled out the amazingly gorgeous Santa's Coming to Town...
have you ever seen a Santa silhouette so perfectly gorgeous?
It's perfection!
Stamped behind him...
though you can barely see it...
the beautiful snowflake image included in the set...
along with that incredible sentiment!
A little patterned plaid from OA Holiday Style...
some lace and black velvet...
a little twine and a gem...
simple and done!

So are you ready to join us?
Need a little starting help in getting your Christmas cards ready?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the incredible projects the Mischief Makers and DT have to inspire you...

then link up your creation with the linky provided for your chance to become Top Mouse and...
don't forget that one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
The rules have changed a little...
you can now use any image to participate but you will be eligible for prizes if you use at least one Waltzingmouse product!
And if you're lacking a little Waltzingmouse...
check out the Freebie section in the store HERE to get you started!

And how about this months' release?
Did you get everything you were hoping to?
If you happen to have missed any of this past weeks new set previews and the DT's amazing and inpsiring projects...
you can check out Claire's blog here to get caught up!

And don't forget Blog Party on the 17th!
This month's theme is GRATITUDE...
and you can get all the details here!

Hope you have a wonderful week everyone!

18 comments :

Kelly S. said...

I looooove this card, Renee! It suits the sketch just perfectly...but of course you knew that because YOU are the sketch creator :)!! The Santa really looks like he's on a vintage cameo. Love that little deckled oval...must look for those. You KNOW I love that paper :) I didn't get my sketch card made yet but will find time to play along today after work I hope...it's such a great one!

Deborah Frings said...

I adore this Santa silhouette and I think your card is just fabulous! Love the plaid and lace trim. Super sketch!

The Paper Parade said...

I just love that Santa silhouette :) And the lace ribbon on the sides is the perfect touch, Renee!

Tracey McNeely said...

I'm ready to get in the holiday mode now too Renee. This Santa silhouette is such a great image and I love the paper you chose to put behind your cameo. Well put together Renee and that bit of lace is lovely.

Cathy Weber said...

This is one of your best Renee, not only the great card...but the sketch! The Santa silhouette is perfect and I love that neat shape you framed him with. Deckled ovals? Great idea...love the snowflakes so subtle behind him and the lace. I can picture you gripping that steering wheel in the wind, have fun decorating!

Pauline said...

Fabulous Christmas card Renee, I love the Santa image teamed with the wonderful plaid and lace trim, and I love this sketch too! Thanks for the inspiration, I've already got card no.2 planned in my mind!

Marybeth said...

First I have to tell you how much I love the sketch ….! Your card is beautiful and goes great with the plaid. You somehow always know how to make black, look so good for Christmas. You do decorate early, why not though , it takes forever to put up and this way you can enjoy it longer. Sounds like a very scary drive. Snow sounds beautiful to me right now……. we are heating up again this weekend. 90’s

Joyce said...

What a fun sketch, and such a perfect card. You are right, that is the perfect Santa image. I saw that card on the WM blog, and knew it was yours even before I scrolled to the name--you and your plaid--I can spot you a million miles away. Love it.

Sharron said...

Fabulous sketch, Renee--and so perfect with Santa! Love the plaid and gorgeous lace! This reminds me again about the deckled ovals. I have the rectangles but need to look for the ovals. I forget, then see another of your wonderful cards using them! How's the decorating going? Hope you're having fun creating your holiday wonderland!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful sketch! Love Santa ( adore this image-just used him the other day) and perfect with plaid, sentiment, velvet, and lace! Happy smile!

Jeanne J said...

You are so right Renee ... this is absolutely perfect! Love that distressed silhouette of Santa and the plaid and the lace... just gorgeous! I really like the sentiment stamped on the plaid - this one is all you Renee - you own this one!!

Suzanne said...

Hi HOT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

I love seeing you work with WMS, but I REALLY love seeing you work with WMS Christmas!!!! This is so stunning, right down to the detail in the twine.

Anne-Elise said...

Thanks for the great sketch, Renee! Your card is gorgeous! Love this Santa silhouette, the great background and the lace! Hugs

Kim said...

Renee, this is just too cute. That Santa silhouette is my all time favorite, I love how he is the center of this amazing card with the snowflake stamped lightly behind him, just so beautiful.

Marlena M. said...

I love your card AND your sketch Renee! Thanks for the inspiration~

Claire said...

Loved the sketch Renee - your card is so striking with that colour combo..I may have to steal that one! Can't believe you're Christmas decorating already - our house won't look Christmassy until mid December!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! LOVE your plaid bg and fabulous (as always) design!
Have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin

Amy Kolling said...

I love this Renee! The Santa silhouette is perfect for this sketch! That plaid is fabulous and I love the homespun feel the crochet trim adds to the card! Miss ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...