Saturday, November 24, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #125

Hello, hello!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving...
had enough turkey to last until next month when Christmas rolls around and...
we do it again!
*giggle*
So who braved the masses for some Black Friday shopping?
I saw this on Pinterest a while back and I have to say....
sums it up pret-ty good...


Haley and I started going out  together a few years ago and now it's just kind'a become a tradition for us...
a mom and daughter thing...
and not to leave Hunter out...
but she does not enjoy shopping if we're the only ones in a store...
so Black Friday would be her personal interpretation of...
well...
you know what!
*giggle*
So she stays home...
she gets to sleep...
and Haley and I just go out for the fun of shopping in the middle of the night...
trying to get a good deal on something...
though we're very rarely after anything!
It's all just for fun.
But they messed it up this year with starting on Thanksgiving night so early...
we didn't enjoy it and have already said that we'll be doing things differently next year.
Don't know what...
but it wasn't as much fun as getting up at 3 am and trying to decide where to go first...
coordinating opening times and stores...
we missed the fun of the old way.
And after being in a sleep deprived zombie state for most of yesterday...
I'm ready to get to something fun...
and what's more fun than some personal crafty time?
Especially when you can do it in the comfort of your own home...
in your jammies...
and no lunatic crowds?
*giggle*
So how about a new and fabulous Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to jump start some creativity?
This fun sketch is from the incredible Jean Martin...


And I had to pull out something new for this one...


Yup...
the new Waltzingmouse Yonder Star!
I die over that sentiment...
and let me just warn you now...
you're going to see a lot of it around here in the next few weeks because seriously...
I die!!
It is absolutely perfect for this country girl and I just can't get enough of it!
If you look close...
that's the outline star stamped faintly behind it...
I love that Claire included an outline one perfect for coloring...
and a solid for quick and easy stamping.
Now I cut the star out by hand...
since I was stamping the sentiment onto it and knew there would be some overlapping...
I didn't use the cut file that Claire has made available for free in the store...
but you can find it here!
And I used Off Beat Backgrounds to stamp a plaid background...
the best plaid background building stamp ever...
though the new cover-a-card backgrounder Cabin Plaid is perfect for a quick and easy background...
mine just had not arrived when doing this one...
but take my word when I say if I'm using one color...
it's going to be Cabin Plaid...
but I love that Off Beat Backgrounds allow you to create plaid in various colors so easy peasy!

I randomly stamped the stars included in Yonder Star for the small strip behind the focal point...
used some burlap ribbon that I have for the banners...
and I was all done!


So are you ready to join us for a little crafty fun?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the incredible projects the Mischief Makers and DT have to inspire you...
then link up your creation with the linky provided for your chance to become Top Mouse and...
don't forget that one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
The rules have changed a little...
you can now use any image to participate but you will be eligible for prizes if you use at least one Waltzingmouse product!
And if you're lacking a little Waltzingmouse...
check out the Freebie section in the store HERE to get you started!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week...
I may another project or two in store for this week...
so maybe I'll see you soon!



Waltzingmouse Stamps: Yonder Star, Off Beat Backgrounds
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, Kraft, Rustic White
Ink: SU, Versamark
Ribbon: misc.

12 comments :

  1. I just received my Royal Mail yesterday containing my winning stamp set!! I hope to play along with this fabulous sketch!! No Black Friday shopping for me, no thank you!:) I stuck around the house working on some fun crafty Christmas decorating projects! It was such a beautiful day here. Hope you had a wonderful Thaksgiving with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this card! The gorgeous warm colours, great plaid and fabulous star! Just super!

    Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to zoom in and see if this was a die or had cut . I could not tell until I read that you hand cut .... Great job. This is a gorgeous country card,love it Renee.
    Hope the girls had a great birthday. I'm with Hunter and would rather skip all the shoppers. I totaly get that it would be fun for you and Haley. We played games until,late at night . I thought about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I really like this sketch--hope to have time to play this week. As usual, I love the plaid you made. You have an interesting idea of fun--getting up at 3AM to shop--not for me. I'm all about the internet--it's like it was made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! So down home country style! Love the green burlap! I braved some stores yesterday, but I left my house AT 5:45! My first stop is always JoAnn's and they open at 6:00 AM around here. I tend to avoid the biggies like Walmart. I did get a little Ott light at 80% off and was very proud of myself. I agree, they should keep times how they were. Opening at 8:00 PM on Thanksgiving is just all kinds of wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your country card and that plaid is gorgeous Renee. Your fussy cutting is amazing, I am always so inspired by your cards. You crazy girl shopping in the middle of the night! I would likely too if I lived in the states. To cross border shop I would need to stay in the states for 48 hours and that would kind of wreck the whole great deals thing unless I slept in my car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too adore that sentiment- what true Southern Belle wouldn't!! Love the plaid- looks fabulous and the burlap banners... wonderful!! Chuckled out loud at your pinned comment and truly have to say I do not love to shop that much that I'm willing to stay up all night to do it--now, I am a fabulous internet shopper though, hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, seriously...1. I can't believe you handcut the star, or 2. that the BG is stamped! I thought it was paper! I am glad you didn't get trampled, either!

    I love this and your post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You totally rocked this Renee! I think you were right - this set was destined for you! Fabulous card - that star is amazing and the burlap works perfectly! You're just going to make me get this set aren't you?!!!! Dang it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this--and it is so you! Your plaid background looks so much like cloth and the burlap ribbon just adds to the cozy, country look. Had to look at the star twice when you said you hand cut it--you are amazing! I'm just getting back to a normal schedule but didn't do the shopping bit. I did place two online orders though--didn't want to miss the WPlus9 sale! I had a little help from a special friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Renee! Love your hand cut star!! Would love to go sometimes very late shopping like you there far away! Must be fun! Have a great day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...