Saturday, December 1, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #126

Good morning!
Hope y'all had a wonderful week...
after a VERY busy one...
I'm just glad it's over and the it's weekend!
Not that I still don't have enough to keep me busy...
but at least I get to spend today in my jammies doing it! :)

And since it's Saturday...
you know what that means!
Yes...
I know...
the bestest day of the week...
but one of the reasons why it's the bestest day is because we have a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to bring to you!
This week is a fabulous one by the ever inspiring Iwona Palamountain...


And for this one I decided to try the chalkboard technique I've been seeing everywhere...
Claire used one just the other day during the new Waltzingmouse release previews...
did you miss it?
Check it out here...
it's stunning!
But I'm not up to her level yet and this was my very first time giving it a go so par me...
I stayed simple...


I used the new Compliments of the Season 2 for the sentiment...
and the little ribbons on the side are from Nutcracker Sweet.
Cut it out with a Spellbinders Label 3 and drew a line around the edges with a white pencil.
Layered it onto a background stamped with the fabulous new Cabin Plaid Backgrounder...
have you tried one yet?
They are FABULOUS!!
One stamp covers your complete background...
no lining up...
no spacing...
these new background sets are so incredibly easy to use...
you'll love them!
A couple of snowflake die cuts and some bling...
and I was all done!


So are you ready to join us for a little crafty fun?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the incredible projects the Mischief Makers and DT have to inspire you...
then link up your creation with the linky provided for your chance to become Top Mouse and...
don't forget that one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
The rules have changed a little...
you can now use any image to participate but you will be eligible for prizes if you use at least one Waltzingmouse product!
And if you're lacking a little Waltzingmouse...
check out the Freebie section in the store HERE to get you started!

And what about the new release happening this afternoon?
Aren't those sets stunning?
Claire never ceases to amaze with her incredible attention to details and design...
I'm constantly blown away with each and every new set!
So do you have your shopping list ready?
Have you missed any previews?
Go to Claire's blog here to catch up...
but you'll want to hurry because there's a contest that will be ending shortly before release!
And don't forget to visit all the DT blogs and leave a little lovin'...
someone will win a new stamp set just for doing so!

Hope you have a wonderful week...
maybe get in some Christmas shopping...
some holiday baking...
or just a little crafty time!
Till next time!



Stamps: Waltzingmouse Nutcracker Sweet, Compliments of the Season 2, Cabin Plaid Backgrounder
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, True Black
Dies: Spellbinder's Labels #3, Taylored Expression
Misc: Bling

17 comments :

  1. You BLASTED this one out of the park, Renee! I think you used the technique perfectly! My favorite part? I'll bet you know, so let's say it together...the bows! (Okay you may have said plaid now that I think about it, but that's my second favorite part :)) The bows though, are sooo adorable on this! The color scheme is icy cool. LOVE the Labels 3 shape for this, too. One of my fave Renee cards evah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chalkboard technique on your card Renee...I looked really close to try to figure out how many different stamp sets you used, and I love how you combined them all. Those little ribbons on the side look just like they were part of the original stamp! Perfectly done and I also adore the plaid background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft blues. Your chalkboard technique turned out fabulous!! And the snowflakes were the perfect addition to this sketch!!! I'm trying to catch up on blogs...so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee I LOVE your card, and the chalkboard technique... I havent yet tried it but it is on my list to try... soon I hope! :) Hope your having a GREAT weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee this is incredible, I adore those snowflakes and your chalboard is fantastic!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. I love your chalkboard layout. You are inspiring me to try it, too. And, you really picked the best elements to work together on your blackboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gorgeous card! The bows are the perfect touch!! Fabulous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Love the mixture of stamps and I must give that technique a go - looks fab! And I agree - the new sets are super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to give that technique a try after having seen this - so BEAUTIFUL - so wintry and so American - we don't relly have those blackboards here like you do - wish we did though - they are so fabulous - Will let you know when I've tried (-:
    + LOVE your plais bg - wonderful! Have a great day, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an awesome job with the chalkboard technique! I love the look :) And then those snowflakes are positioned perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those ribbons are perfect with this sentiment!! I think you did fabulous with the chalkboard technique....I'm going to have to try this!! Fabulous girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card Renee and I love the chalkboard look you gave it. So beautiful and that plaid in the pale blue, a wonderful way to showcase your sentiment...so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the plaid background in soft blue and adore the chalkboard look! It such a great technique and something I need to try soon. The bows are so perfect with the sentiment--such a sweet touch--love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admire the way you balance the boldness of the chalkboard with the softness of the gingham background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do see the chalkboard look everywhere ,and yours is great! Love this Renee! Can't wait to try this. Love the stamped bow to the sides. Pretty snowflakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Friend!!!!!

    I love the colors and the chalkboard effect - it's so perfect and I love it! A WMS masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card, Renee! The colors are just beautiful! Love the new background stamp! Your snowflakes are gorgeous, too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...