Saturday, December 29, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #129

Good morning everyone!
How were your holidays?
Did you get everything on your wish list?
Are you sick of turkey yet?
*giggle*
How about sleep?
Get enough of that?
Let me tell you...
I've been running on nothing but caffeine for a week now!
Getting ready for Christmas Eve/Day...
very busy taming the chaos around here and that's very hard to do when the chaos is right here with me...
all the kids were out of school as of 11am last Friday morning!
And then Christmas Eve.
Hubby and I got in bed around midnight and had just drifted off to sleep it seemed when a little voice wakes me with...
"Mommy...it's time to get up!"
To which I replied "What time is it?"
Number 1 son pops up from somewhere...goes and checks the clock...
"2am".
To which I then told Dinky...
"No...it's time to go to sleep!"
He climbed over me and joined me and hubby in bed and pretended to go back to sleep and I can accurately say "pretend" because it was about every 10 minutes that he got in my face and said...
"Mommy...it's time to get up!"
Finally after about an hour of this...hubby rolled over and agreed with me that we were never going to get sleep so he went and woke the girls and we all went to see if Santa had paid a visit...
and then they proceeded to go.all.day!
I'm not lying when I say I can sum up parenthood in one word...
"caffeine".
It's truly one of life's absolute necessities.

But we had a wonderful Christmas...
I love seeing their faces when they open a gift and they're surprised and excited by what's inside...
that's the magic of Christmas.
And I hope that all of you had one as wonderful as ours...
though maybe with a little more sleep than was seen in this house!
*giggle*

Now...
onto the point of this post...
a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
I'm not sure when the actual announcement will be made...
but in the coming days there will be big changes coming to the sketch challenge...
to Waltzingmouse...
and I am very excited...
and honored...
to be a part of it all...
so hopefully without giving anything away just yet...
I will say that this is a very special sketch and I hope all of you will join in with this fabulous one from the very talented Edna Morrisedie...


And since the Christmas holidays are now over for another year...
but don't fret about putting away all those gorgeous Christmas stamps...
Lynn hosts a Christmas Card Challenge every month over on the forum so you'll want to check that out...
but for today I decided to pull out the new and gorgeous My Heart and Woodgrain sets...



The heart and sentiments are from My Heart...
a set that is fast becoming a favorite of mine...
gorgeous!!
And then I used the chevrons and flags from Woodgrain.
Don't see the flags?
That's because I cut them to make a woodgrain frame for the sentiment!
And this woodgrain is I believe the most realistic pattern I've ever seen in a stamp...
perfection!!
And again...
fast becoming a favorite and one I know you will see quite often!
A red doily...
some gingham ribbon and twine...
and a button to finish it off...
all done!
Super easy!


I really hope you're ready to join us for a little crafty fun...
this is a very special sketch this week and I don't want anyone to miss it!
But if you need a little more inspiration...
hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the incredible projects the Mischief Makers and DT have to inspire you...
then link up your creation with the linky provided for your chance to become Top Mouse and...
don't forget that one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
The rules have changed a little...
you can now use any image to participate but you will be eligible for prizes if you use at least one Waltzingmouse product!
And if you're lacking a little Waltzingmouse...
check out the Freebie section in the store HERE to get you started!
We can't wait to see what you create!

And if you haven't heard about Waltzingmouse US Shipping you need to head over to the store and check it out!
US Shipping is still available on only a few of the many Waltzingmouse sets for now...
you'll want to look for this symbol in the store...

but...
the good news is that eventually hope to have all sets available...
check out Claire's post HERE for a list of sets!

Thanks so much for stopping by...
hoping you have a wonderful week...
and safe and Happy New Year!
I'll be back soon though!
*wink*

Stamps: Waltzingmouse My Heart and Woodgrain
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, Kraft, Rustic White
Misc: PTI doily, button, ribbon, twine







12 comments :

  1. 2am??? Oh no!! :)!! Sounds like your Christmas was wonderful!! Beautiful card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you had Christmas morning in he middle of the night! Lol, now that will be family memory...hopefully not tradition! I love the rustic look of the card with the distressing, and the way the doily is peeking out behind the heart frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY WORD, Miss Renee you have outdone yourself with that red doily! It's perfect with that ribbon and the double bow. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mix of colors and elements. The distressed heart and matching border are stunning - So beautiful Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is sooo BEAUTIFUL!! Fabulous use of the new stamps! Love your card!
    Thanks for being a wonderful and supportive teamie and bloggie friend Renee - I can't help it - I'll miss the WMS challenges and the chat on the forum - hopefully the new plans won't change that! Happy New Year hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with this sketch! So fun to see a Valentine card. Love the new stamp and how you have showcased it! Cant wait to see what is next. I will admit I am not one to like too much chance… Wel,l there are some things I would have loved to see change…..
    Glad Christmas was nice Oh how I remember those days of now sleep. Now I just cant sleep. Life is funny that way. Enjoy some free time.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now I am not complaining about my 15 year old holding off until 8:20. It was torture for her I think she was us at 6! Hey it is what we do. I love your card Renee and I am hoping that my sets will be in the mail this week so I can CASE you. The red doily and the frame and the ribbon and the chevron--gorgeous!!

    Happy New Year my sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card--the chevron and how you did the frame-- just gorgeous with the distressed heart! Fantastic take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renee,
    Gorgeous card my dear and I giggled as I read your post. I sooooo identify with the coffee approach to Christmas! And the total lack of sleep!!! LOL! I think you have us beat with the 2am thing though...my little one usually makes it till 6ish!

    Looking forward to hearing about the new sketch challenge...my interest is peeked. Hoping to make a card and play along this week!
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness....I remember the days with little ones....I think my youngest woke us up one year after a whole hour of sleep!!! Love this card....fab use of the sets....yes, I need to get a chance to play with mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adore this card - so warm and romantic!!

    I remember the days when the kids tried to stay up late - now it's really hard waking the teens!! Still love to see their faces when they open the presents though.

    Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Renee! I wish you all the best for 2013! Your card is gorgeous! Love the doily, the heart and the wooden frame! Fabulous work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...