Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Think I Love You...




Popping in again today for one of my all time favorite things...
and this month's theme is LOVE.
Now that doesn't have to be about "love"...
it can be a something you love...
a favorite stamp set...
a favorite holiday...
a favorite color...
anything that you happen to love so don't think you can't play along just because you may not have any WMS with a "love" theme...
anything goes with this one!

Now that being said...
I did use a "love" set...
the gorgeous Waltzingmouse Sweethearts for my card today.
And I'm not a romantic so don't think it's because I get all "mushy" this time of the year...
I don't do "mush".
I'm pretty much an "I-told-you-I-loved-you-when-I-married-you-and-if-I-ever-change-my-mind-I'll-let-you-know" kind'a girl...
I like to keep it simple.
And after 20 years...
if I started getting really "mushy" on hubby...
he would become very suspicious and know I've probably done something I wasn't supposed to and I'm just trying to keep him from getting really mad at whatever it is I've managed to do...
like accidentally deleting all the dvr'ed Duck Dynasty's...
or a possible bleach spot on his favorite Flogging Molly tee...
things that could possibly result in divorce in this house.
Gotta keep perspective on the really important things right?
*giggle*

No...
I choose this set...
and this particular sentiment...
for a reason...
I love men.
And I am always adding...and adjusting in order of priority...
men to my future husband list...
it's kind'a like a hobby of mine.
Like this guy...


the reason I discovered I had been oblivious to the fact that I was...and am...
a complete and total nerd...
Aragorn.
Lord of the Rings.
I love this man.
He's on my list.
Complete with costume.

Or this one...

Henry Cavill.
Isn't he pretty?
Fell in love with him on The Tudor's...
and I'm SO going to be at the theater watching him in some tights this summer when he appears on the big screen as Superman...
and not because I actually think Superman is the greatest superhero...
everyone knows that's Batman...
but strictly because he's just pretty...
and in tights!!
He's also who I hope (please, please, PLEASE!!!) will be cast as Nick in Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn) when that book is adapted to the big screen...
and now since I have read THE-BEST book of 2013 already...
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes...
OMGosh...you HAVE to read this book...
and I hope that...
as long as they don't butcher it...
Hollywood adapts it to the big screen someday too...
and he'll be cast as Will.
He's my vote if you happen to be reading Hollywood!

But I love him
I want to marry him.
And I say it every time I see him...
to which hubby usually replies...
"Uuumm...you're already married".
To which I usually reply...
"Yes...but!  You're husband #1...
he's part of contingency plans!!"
*giggle*
And just so you know...
this honestly all is done in jest.
Hubby has even tried to add to my future husband list himself.
Of course...
he also wanted to add Weird Al...
and that was met with a resounding "NO!!"...
but it's a running joke in our house and has been going for over 20 years.
Because no matter what...
he has my heart.
He always has.
It was...
and always will be...
him.
And Claire...without even knowing it...
created the perfect sentiment for him...
for us.
Because any one can catch my eye...
but it took someone very special to catch my heart...


So yes.
This is love.
And it's the best kind.
The kind that still makes my heart race when he walks into a room...
smile when I hear his voice.
The kind that stays...
only growing stronger...
even after all these years.
The kind that can joke and laugh...
cry and comfort.
He has seen me at my best...
and loved me for it...
he's seen me at my worst...
and loved me even more.

OK...
now I'm getting into "mushville" so I'm going to stop.
But there is going to be OODLES of inspiring "love" projects today at the Blog Party...
you won't want to miss it...
and you can get all the details on Claire's blog HERE...
hope to see you there!

And just in case you missed it...
go see who has earned the Stamp of Approval today over on Moxie Fab Blog *wink*




26 comments :

  1. Loved reading your post Renee - talk about eye candy - no silly! I mean your card!!! So romantic - love that sentiment - all those patterned hearts and of course that beauty of a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, I loved reading your post today. Super fun! You have such a gift with words. And I have to say, I love your card just as much with it's sweet little tilted panel and heart collage. It's clean, and oh so striking!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how your post made me laugh, you sound like my 5 year old grand daughter with her crush on Justin Bieber. Then you made it so sweet at the end.
    Wow, love your gorgeous card! It's a very handsome card with the black bow and red hearts .Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card. I love how you used those stitched mats and all the hearts. Your sentiment is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Renee, I can't stop laughing, you are so funny and i love that you have your priorities straight! Your card is beautiful I love the stitched frame and your sentiment and those pretty pretty hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the papers and all the hearts you used to adorn your perfect sentiment Renee - your fun story made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card Renee...love all those hearts and the stitched mat with your sentiment. You always make me laugh...your posts are either very funny or very touching...one of the two for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like your man has some stiff competition Renee! I just keep threatening to trade mine in for a younger model...anyone will do! Love your striking card - you just can't beat red black and pink and it looks wonderful against the kraft

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love all the cute die cut hearts Renee! And I must say that stitched mat is perfect!! hehe Love your "future husband list"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the black accents on this! Just brings everything together...didn't Vern from Trading Spaces say that? The layered hearts and patterned papers make me feel all lovey-dovey swoony. I am not doing well on the 6x6 resolution front...bought My Mind's Eye today so that leaves only FIVE more for the year?! EEK! I have a Top 5 List (like from Friends...the laminated card in the wallet?) that continually changes :) Right now? Well, ALWAYS Kurt Russell and Matthew Fox...then Howie Long, Jeff Probst, and Deacon from the show Nashville, eek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay - you've successfully made me laugh out loud, droll over the men on your wedding list and then cry! You really are a romantic mush!! This is a lovely post - and I agree that sentiment is just perfect! The card is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love reading your posts because they usually make me smile! And then when I'm laughing out loud, I may even read bits to my hubby!! Your card is gorgeous! I love the stitched mat and array of hearts and of course, that perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee, you just crack me up...what a hoot and what a story. I have to say that I too have a Flogging Molly t-shirt, they are amazing live! Now on to your card, so beautiful and that sentiment is so, so sweet. I love all of your hearts and the bow, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post! Thanks for the laugh. Was feeling like it was Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee, love the card design and such a sweet, but not too mushy, sentiment. Nice eye candy too with Viggo and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing post, Renee. Loved it, and I especially love this gorgeous card. The beautiful papers are only enhanced with your hearts and fun ribbon with that luscious bow. Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card Renee - great design as always! - adore the rich colors too! Have a nice week-end! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww, I love your card, sentiment and post Renee~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sketch ..will use it some day if I may :) Beautiful hearts an a perfect bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, I love a good book recommendation - thanks for that!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous by the way - fabby layout and those hearts are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Renee big hugs to you missy, what a lovely post...I completely concur with your assessment of Aragorn....and I love your card, I love the clean cut fresh style!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty card! Love the way the stitched mat frames the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Renee, your card is so Beautiful!! Love the colours and the hearts and that sentiment is just so sweet. Your post is so fun to read too ;) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous card for your hubby, I used the same sentiment too! For the same reason! I love the classic red white and black combo, and the little row of hearts, just gorgeous!
    And I'm in agreement with you about your other men lol! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful card...LOVE that sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooh that patterned paper is calling me, Renee! I love the details too - the bow with twine, the black bling! And how come Ryan Gosling doesn't make the list here? The sentiment is perfect inside the stitched mat, too. Patrick will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...