Saturday, January 12, 2013

Just a Little Waffle...

I know I said with the new year and my new schedule I would be around more often and it's actually turned into even less...
I promise I didn't lie when I said that...
but I've just been able to accomplish so much more in the last week since the kids all headed back to school...
I've actually been busy doing things that have long been neglected!
YAY!!
And I'm loving being at home all day.
I never knew how much I could accomplish in a day without the kids and running here and there...
things are actually getting done!
Granted...
the school tells us we have to come and pick them up for the night and after about 20 minutes of them being home you can't tell I did much and I just have to repeat it again the next day...
but I actually have the time to do it now.
Kind'a reminds me of  "wash, rinse, repeat"...
but I'm loving it!

And my sinuses have not cooperated in the best way this past week...
can you believe we're almost in the middle of January and we're having temps in the 70's!!!
Has my sinuses in an uproar and wishing for some cold weather...
and you know I don't particularly like cold weather...
I'm a Southern girl...
just so I can breathe!
Hopefully next week will be better when some colder temps move in.

And I was supposed to be getting crafty all day today...
a reward for a week of hard work finally finishing reorganizing the kitchen cabinets and being caught up on laundry...
but I didn't.
And there's a good reason.
It's the reason I'm here right now.


The best...
and I do mean the BEST book I have read in a very long time.
Like The Time Traveler's Wife good.
Snowflower and the Secret Fan good.
The Help good.
My Sister's Keeper good...
this one now joins them as some of my all-time-forever-favorite books...
it's THAT good.

Now I don't want to ruin it for you because I want you to rush to your local bookstore...
amazon...
B&N...
wherever you go for books and order...
download...
this one and experience it for yourself.
Trust me when I say this is one you will not want to miss...
but I want to tell you enough that you want to read it so if I'm telling too much for your tastes...
just stop reading and go order it!

First...
it's a love story.
And as I have said many, many times...
I am not a romantic.
I don't read stories that conjure thoughts of cliffsides and whipping winds...
flowing dresses and ruffled shirts...
heroes and heroines...
that's not my style.
And only...
only...
if I'm caught off guard without anything to read and am truly desperate...
desperate like there's not even a Field and Stream around...
and no...
I don't actually read Field and Stream but I'll take it over whipping winds...
will I even pick up a romance book...
but this is a love story.
It's a love story like you have never read...
and it goes beyond the limits of every test of love that you've ever probably read.

Hubby and I have talked many times about what our wishes are if we are ever in an accident and left in certain conditions...
we know what each other wants in regards to things and how we want the other to handle decisions...
and though we hope it never happens...
I've often wondered if I would be strong enough to fulfill those wishes.
To live a life without him...
when the life he may be left with is not the life he would he want...
could I let go?
Would I be selfish and keep him with me at all costs...
or do I truly love him unselfishly and only want to make him happy...
even when his happiness would most certainly destroy mine?

This story...
this story is about just that.
How much can you truly love someone.

You know when you read a book and it's written so well...
the characters become so real and you're able to connect with them...
not just to read the words...hear the story...but the characters are so real...
so believable...
you become those characters.
They are inside you and you feel their every emotion...
you laugh with them...
cry...
celebrate...
their happiness is yours...
you feel.
Those books don't come along often...
and I read a lot of great books...
books that are worth every moment it takes to read them...
but rarely do I become so much a part of the story that I'm arguing with it...
trying to change the words as I read them...
and for the record...
I don't actually do it out loud...
just in my mind...
but to become so close to a story that I want to change the ending...
this is one of those books.
This is one that will stay with you long after you have read the last word...
turned the last page.

Lou and Will...
a love like you have never seen.
A love that we all hope to have.

Now...
are you curious enough to read now?
Just do it.
Then leave me a comment...
email me...
I want to talk about this book!!

OK...
don't forget about Waltzingmouse Blog party this coming week...
on the 17th and this month's theme is LOVE.
You can read all the details on Claire's blog HERE and can't wait to see what you create!

And did you see the new Christmas Challenge logo?

You can read all about it HERE...
and hope to see you playing along with us!

Now go read Me Before You...
and I'll see you soon!









3 comments :

  1. I'll read it, and then we will TALK. Like to each other. Like on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for my next read, read your review and then read another review. I am going to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book suggestion..I'll add it to my ever growing list! Glad you are getting more done without all that driving...yuck!! I waste 2 hours a day driving to and from work...makes a big difference in the amount I can get done after work. I miss my 5 minute cmmmute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...