Monday, January 21, 2013

Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge...January



Hi everyone!
Popping in really quickly with my first Christmas card for this year...
I know!
We just came out of the Holiday season and I'm already jumping back into it...
but have you heard about the...


that Lynn hosts each month over on the Waltzingmouse forum?
Read HERE for all the details!
But I had made a resolution to join in this fun last year and then...
well...
let's just say it was an epic FAIL!!
And since I bombed...
big time...
I am determined to make each and every one this year!
This month we have a fabulous sketch from the awe-inspiring, amazingly talented Anya Schrier...


And did you see the fantastic new WMSCCC logo that Anya designed?
Don't you just love it?!!

OK...
back to the card...
I took quite a bit of liberty with this sketch...
flipping this...
doing that...
I hope you can still find the sketch in it somewhere though...

and par for me...
I kept it simple!
I used the incredibly perfect country Yonder Star for this one...
how can you resist the fabulous sentiments in this set?
Seriously...
the only set I know of with "Y'all" in it...
I die...
and that officially makes it my favorite set EVER!!!
And if you look closely...
you'll see Yonder Star Backgrounder stamped lightly on the red.
I love this background!
One...
it's large enough to cover an entire card front with one pass...
and two...
it's distressed so you can't see any imperfections...
not saying I have any...
*wink*
but you would be hard pressed to find them if I did and you have to admit that it's a major plus to have a stamp that makes the boo-boos look good!

I used the free cut files Claire has in the store to cut the star and the mat you see behind it...
Claire thinks of everything...
and you can find them HERE!
And both of these sets are available for shipping from the US...
just click on the drop down menu next to the set in the store and choose your shipping preference!

Now I'm off!
The kids are out today for holiday...
which means I shall accomplish absolutely zilch today and will spend all day tomorrow trying to reinstate the house back to "pre-long-weekend" state!
Till next time!



8 comments :

  1. Love this card. It is totally 'you'. And, how is it than an Irish lass has such a great way with American country? Good for you for starting early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally still see the sketch here Renee! Love the country feel to this and that sentiment is perfect! Hope you are well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Renee. Sketches are merely a starting point and you can take ALL the liberty with it that your MOJO requires. It's a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I see the sketch too! Love the large stamped star, beautiful Christmas card. I will never get tired of making them. What do you use to cut your cut files?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee your Christmas Card rocks, that star is amazing! You will be so pleased with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This IS a great sketch! And the cutting looks so perfect. I really think that sentiment was made just for you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late commenting on your card - it's absolutely fabulous! I love the Yonder Star stamps and the colours you've used are just super! Really like that cord you've used too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...