Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013



Well...
I think I'm doing pretty good.
I'm only a day late welcoming 2013...
which means I'm actually early in my world!
*giggle*
So I'll just wish everyone a Happy New Year...
and we'll forget that it's actually January 2nd...
K?

I know a lot of blog friends were posting their Top 12 of 2012...
and I've enjoyed each and every one that I've actually made it to so far...
love seeing all the gorgeous inspiration out there...
but I'm not good at doing that kind of stuff.
I think I'm more of a looking forward kind of person...
the mistakes of my past should stay there...
so let's not go over it again because hopefully I've learned my lesson...
right?
Well...
no promises but we'll see how that goes.
I'm not always the quickest on some things and occasionally make some mistakes more than once because sometimes I get this little idea in my head that it's not actually a mistake but just poor execution and so I'm going to keep trying until I finally get it right and then when that fails...
I'm really bad about admitting defeat.
I'll apologize in advance...
sorry.

But 2013 has arrived...
and with it is coming lots of changes for me.
OK...
some are goals.
Like actually organizing my house and knowing where things are instead of always losing them and wondering who moved it because I know I left it in a certain spot because that's where I always leave it and then accusations that could possibly be thrown around and feelings could get hurt..
tempers could flare...
and then guess what!
It was apparently right where I left it.


Not saying this actually happens...
but it's a possibility if I don't get organized.
And soon.

One of the biggest changes for me this year though is I'm now going to be a full time at home mom.


No longer spending most of my days in the car dropping and picking up kids all day.
Just in case you're not aware...
I have a special needs daughter who attends school way over on the other side of Nashville and everyday for the last 10 years my hubby would drop her off before heading to work in the mornings and then I would drive up and pick her up in the afternoons before then heading back and picking up the other kiddos.
Now when she first started attending school there she was the only one from our county doing so...
and there's also a background story that I won't bore you with...
but now there's 2 more children from our area attending school there so she will joining them on a brand new bus that the school system has purchased just for her!
OK...it's not really "hers" but I call it "her bus" because she's the only one who's also immobile and they needed something that could lift her in and out while in her chair...
so in my world...
that makes it "hers"!
I just hope she enjoys riding it and I don't have to go back to the school system and say...
"Sorry!  She hates riding the bus and I'm really sorry you dropped a HUGE wad of cash on that new one just for her but...
we'll be driving her again!"
So...
I am now at home most days versus being in my car.
Which also means that I will have the time to get organized!
See where this going?
Once I'm organized...
I'm going to have so much more time everyday...
like nap time every day kind of time!
Lo-ve that idea!
And then since I'll be more rested and not so worn out all the time from my 100+ miles a day driving...
I'll finally have the time to try some of those 500 recipes I've pinned on Pinterest and actually cook versus having take out a few times a week...
and then...
because I'm not in Nashville everyday stopping here and there picking up this and that...
hubby predicts that we're going to save a boatload of cash...
which then allows me to be an at home mom because I'm going to save way more than I could ever make at a part time job!
Who knew that being organized would lead to naps would lead to me learning to cook would lead to saving money?

But I have some other goals too...


That Project Life that I attempted last year and which turned into an incredibly epic FAIL?
Yeah...
I'm not doing that again...
I'm going to do my own thing instead.
I'm doing a picture a day this year and so far I'm doing really good because I only missed yesterday!
OK...maybe not so good since it was the first day of the year!!
But I did remember to take a pic...
it's just that it was sometime around 11:30 last night when all the kids were asleep and it was cold and the bed was so nice and toasty and I was too lazy to go and wake one of them up just so I could take a pic...
seriously...
the bed was really cozy warm...
thank you Tempur Pedic...
I figured I could just start on the 2nd.
I'm very good at just going with the flow.

Knitting!!


I'm going to learn how to knit this year.
I've wanted to learn for like ever...
well this is the year!
I know I also said this was a goal for last year...
but when I fail I also believe in recycling goals until I eventually reach them...
or just change my mind...
whichever comes first.

And blogging.
I've been a bad blog friend lately...
sorry about that.
What can say other than...
life.
But I'm determined to be better this year!
I want to tell you about these recipes I'm going to try...
the kids and how they're determined to make me a professional alcoholic...
my adventures in thread and needles...
the books that I have to tell you all about because they blew me away and you just have no idea what you're missing until I totally ruin it for you.
And crafts.
I have 5264 crafts pinned to try...
cards to make...
but I promise to try and not bother you too often.
I mean...
I do have a naps to take.
*wink*

So here's to a new year...
big plans...
lots of naps...
and a year full of wonderful surprises!
See you soon!








14 comments :

  1. Happy New Year, dear! Looking forward to seeing more of you now that you have oodles and oodles of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!! Can't wait to see what you do in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending warm wishes for a very Happy New Year to you and your family. I so enjoyed reading this post! I really am looking forward to your posts in 2013! Hugs Deborah xx

    PS I LOVE being a SAHM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Renee and that is such wonderful news for your daughter and your family. She will love the bus, in case you didn't know my last five years teaching before I went on full disability/SAHM I worked with Special Needs children at my high school where I taught. What I can say is that they all love to be independent and definitely love to be loved. So sending her good wishes and hugs. Can't wait to hear all about her adventures and your cooking and knitting adventures. My hands cannot knit anymore, a little problem with the tension. LOL Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have enough going to keep you busy til 2014, so wishing you a great 2013 and hope it is a great one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Renee...what an exciting your you have planned. Have a blast being home, looking forward to seeing all your knitting projects and your Project Life photos! Knitting is so much fun and the end results are just amazing, you can make so many things with just 2 sticks and some yarn. Have fun with all that you plan to do and I am looking forward to seeing in on your fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2013 Renee!!! Here's to getting caught up and enjoying yourself this year! Yay for the bus.....can't wait to hear what she thinks of it! We'll catch up soon! Hugs dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a wonderful bloggy friend! I don't know how you find the time to comment as much as you do already. I was thinking about you the other day how nice the bus is going to be for you and Hunter. I hope she is happy with the bus ride and that you get to stay home . Nice to see the tax dollars go to something nice like this. Enjoy and Happy New Years to you and your family, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, dear friend! Hope this year is the best and you have oodles of fun doing some special things just for you! I'm so excited for you, and for Hunter, to have the new bus and hope she loves it! Can't wait to hear how things are going. And I promise to write you a note soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Renee!!! How I love to read your posts and comments! They always make me smile! Your post today made me laugh, cry, sigh, and reminded me of myself in many places - like the getting organized part! Bless you and your sweet child! I will pray that the bus is a fun new world! I am starting a new grief counseling group with my son this year as he is struggling so hard with the loss of his Papa Stuart! We all face so many challenges in this thing called life! Here is to a little more "You" time this year!!! Blessings! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Renee! I wish all of your dreams comes true! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, my friend! What a wonderful post this was. I'm excited for the positive changes coming your way and can't wait to hear about your naps and recipes - two of MY favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee, your posts are so fun to read! I'm glad you'll be able to spend more time at home napping (&knitting and crafting and cooking!) Happy 2013, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...