Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'm Back in School...

and just like back in the day...
I showed up for class...
late with homework.

But honestly this time it wasn't my fault...
I swear.
Pinched nerve...
need I say more.
I could not move on Sunday!
By Monday I could get out of bed for small amounts of time...
but no internet!
Took me all day to get that going again and then the connection was so slow it took forever to watch the videos.
This is not looking good.
Yesterday much better but since I have kiddies on spring break if I didn't get to the grocery there could possibly be acts of cannibalism and since I'm the slowest one in the house right now...
I was going down...
so I ventured out and then hit the bed again upon returning.
But finally...
was able to make it to my craft space this morning and I have my first homework assignment completed!
I'm only 2 days late...
I think I'm doing good don't you?

Trying to keep this short and sweet...
but first...loved the videos.
As someone who is hopelessly addicted to pattern papers but then I just look at them because I really don't know what to do with them...
I need direction.
So trying to take some of the tips about mixing...
granted I played it safe because all my papers came from the same paper pad...
baby steps!...
here's my little ditty...

Pattern Play Day 1

Because I love all things navy...
THE most perfect color in the whole wide world...
I used papers from Authentique's Glory but I wanted to go with a nautical theme because I also happen to love all things nautical...
dating all the way back to my sailor dresses when I was a little girl...
I still love that sailor look and am so happy that it's popping up in my favorite hobby world right now.
I cut an svg file I found online with my Cricut...
centered it on a Spellbinders circle die cut and then stamped the sentiment from Waltzingmouse Pint Size Heroes...

Pattern Play Day 1

which I thought fit perfectly for my nautical theme.
See...
super simple...
just the way I roll.

OK...
off to try and catch up on homework and to see what everyone else has come up with...
see you soon!

Ahoy Matey!
Cardstock: PTI Stampers Select
Patterned Paper: Authentique Glory
Dies: MFT Fishtails, Spellbinders Circle
Misc: svg anchor

15 comments :

  1. Oh Renee - I hope you are feeling better! So hard to be out of commission with younglings in the house! Your card is awesome - I love the Authentique papers, the crisp die cut lines and how you tied it all together with the nautical theme. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee I love your card for Pattern Play, you chose amazing papers and your design is so perfect. Love the colours and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Renee. You are a good student--you know that the homework has no due date in this class and everyone gets a gold star, you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love your patterned paper banners! I LOVE this card! So sorry about your pinched nerve, not good when you have a family that needs you. For me I could just rest. Hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll write you a pass this time....:)
    A pinched nerve sounds like no fun at all! Glad you finally got your homework done though...A+++++++!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Renee! Those papers are beautiful. I love navy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your back....hope it's all fixed soon!! Love your card....those are some of my FAV papers and perfect for a nautical theme along with the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling a lot better by now. Love the card. Those pattern papers are great. i too feel safe when I pick papers from the same book; I know they all co-ordinate. When I look at those banners, it reminds me of a stack of books. I guess subconsciusly, "scool" is weighing on your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your design! The anchor on the bright red background and those fabulous patterned papers look fabulous! And what a wonderful sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Renee! I love your mix of patterned paper!
    I've noticed more navy in the stores lately.... and how I'm getting more and more drawn to it. I even ALMOST bought a navy top the other day... but I ended up getting the turquoise one instead. But soon, I'm sure.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm lovin' the nautical theme lately too! I really like this paper pad.....um, do I need more? Love your simple layout with all the white space.....really makes the papers and anchor pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renee hope you are feeling better each day! No fun to be in pain!!!

    Your card is just wonderful! I love all things nautical and this card is CAS loveliness! Anchors are just soooo fun!
    And Navy should be the new black! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the nautical look and a most excellent use of pattern papers! The blue paper reminds me of chambray which makes me think of an almost preppie-nautical look.Love it!! Hope your up and driving in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful papers you used on your banners Renee! love that anchor, the rounded corners - and yes, the perfect nautical sentiment!! Hope you are back on your feet soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...