Sunday, March 17, 2013

March Waltzingmouse Blog Party

What better day to have a little Irish Party...
Waltzingmouse style!
It's the 17th...
St. Patrick's Day...
and in good 'ole Irish tradition...
we're having a party!

The world is decked out in gorgeous shades of green today but our theme this month is "LUCKY"...
lucky in love...
lucky to have you...
good luck...
there's so many fun ways you can celebrate this day and theme...
and because I know there's going to be so much inspiration to be found at this party...
I'm just gonna get straight to it...


Waltzingmouse March Blog Party

This may be considered cheating...
sorry...
but Claire offered up a homemade washi tape challenge a few weeks ago and I had so much fun doing it...
I decided to do it again and borrowed the same concept I did for that challenge for this month's party.
I stamped various images from Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds, Gingham & Co. and Pic-Nic Patterns onto some masking tape backed with tissue paper in Memento Bamboo Leaves...
glued it all down onto a scrap piece of cardstock...
then I cut a shamrock out of cardstock using my Cricut and centered over my tape background...
super simple and easy...
which you know by now is just how I roll. *grin*
The sentiment is from Compact Sentiments Part 2...
and fit perfectly for this month's theme.
A few green pearls to finish it off and all done!

So do you consider yourself a lucky person?
I know I am!
My wallet may never reflect this but everything else in my life does...
family...
friends...
I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming...
though usually a trip to the laundry room will suffice...
I'm still waiting on being the lucky one to have the house fairies show up one night and clean my house.
*giggle*

There's plenty of time to get your Irish on because this party lasts for 24 hours...
and we can't wait to see what luck inspires in you!
Catch all the details on Claire's blog HERE...
and we'll see you there!
Happy St. Patrick's!

Edited to add:  Laurie was sweet enough to tell me about the Washi Tape Challenge and Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World so I'm going to add this simple little ditty to both of those challenges...Thank You Laurie! :)  


Best of Luck:
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's select
Misc: making tape, tissue paper, Cricut/SCAL, pearls




24 comments :

  1. Super fun card. I love your negative die cut shamrock, and your home made washi tape is too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous use of the washi challemnge Renee, I love these patterns together to make a whole image, so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the theme, Renee! Love the jumbo shamrock--very cool! What a wonderful way to show it off by using the different patterned washi tapes--and all in the same color too--big advantage of making your own!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's cheating at all, just very clever! I do like the pretty patterns and die cut shamrock! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh AWESOME use of that washi, you always choose the best patterns! So sweet to use this technique with the shamrock negative cut for today! TOTALLY forgot about that wonderful sentiment from Compact Sentiments 2...it's so cheerful with this design, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card Renee! I love how you created your background for the shamrock using the washi tape technique and the Offbeat backgrounds! Brilliant my friend, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the patchwork of the clover

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why would that be cheating! Love this card Renee! Such fun use of your beautiful homemade Washi tape. Bet you are enjoying your new long desk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your handmade washi. Awesome CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool! love the washi...at first i thought it was ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee, this card is so great! I love the patterns peeking through the shamrock! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cool! Love the shamrock and the neat patterns inside - clean but not simple - well worth the effort - and it looks amazing Renee! All your fave WM borders in one place YAYYY! Perfect for St. Patrick's Day! My family always puts cards out for display - this would make the whole room happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your big cut out shamrock Renee and the wonderful stampings on your washi tapes behind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love your creation for this month's theme...those patterns inside on your diy washi look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee, your homemade Washi Tape is just splendid! You are just so creative and this card is just one example of all that you can do with paper. Such a wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think it's cheating at all Renee! I remember your card doing this technique and I loved it then...this one looks equally as fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is wonderful, Renee.
    Just quiet with that green and white.
    Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is handmade Washi tape??!! Fantastic!! It looks so cool. And using it with the negative die cut is what makes it really perfect. Great for this St. Patrick's Day LUCKY challenge. (You should enter it into Moxie Fab's washi tape and negative die cut challenges.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously...in love!! Should I be in love with a card...yes, I think so!! Love all the patterns in your washi tape....perfect!! happy Belated St. Patty's!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah!!!! This reminds me of those ribbon cards we made when I was there for SAF last year. I love it!!! Renee, this is just perfect. You are lucky, but we are all also so lucky to know you! xoxo

    P.S. Commenting using generated power - first time ever! Toooo much snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you layered the Washi under the negative! Very creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Renee! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Renee! Thanks also for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...