Saturday, March 9, 2013

This Could Be A Record...

5 days of posting...
in a row!
*giggle*
So did you enjoy all the gorgeous projects with the new Waltzingmouse release?
I know that I did...
and made so many notes over things I want to try with these sets...
and wish I had thought of first *grin*.
And I just want to say THANK YOU for all the visits and sweet comments...
they have meant the world to me because I was SO incredibly nervous having my simple little cards grouped in with the awe inspiring talent Claire has with her DT...
you have no idea how much each and every one meant to me.
Thank You!

But I'm not here with any cards today...
instead I wanted to show you a quick look at the other project that occupied some of my time recently...
my new craft table.
About a year ago I told hubs that I wanted a new table and what I was wanting...
and though he is not a skilled craftsman it seemed simple enough that he felt like he could attempt what I was asking.
I wanted it long...to stretch in front of the window where I like to sit and look at the view...
and yes...
since it also happens to face the road it also allows me to stalk the mailman without him knowing exactly what I'm doing *wink*.
I didn't want it deep like a normal desk or small table would be...
and I also wanted it to sit higher than a desk or table...
counter height so I'm comfortable standing at it...
so this is what he finally got around to doing for me...


All of this was built out of 2 x 4's and plywood so it was also on the cheap...
if we don't factor in the new sander and shop-vac he happen to pick up in the process.
He screwed 12 2 x 4's together to make the top...
which gave me a work surface of 18"...
confusing isn't it?
You would think it would be 24"...but they skimp you on those 2 x 4's *giggle*.
But 18" was actually what I requested so no complaints there.
Then we puttied and sanded the top smooth...


kind'a gives it a butcher block look only we didn't stagger the boards.
And this table is SO-LID!
Which is what I really love.
And since it also weighs about a gazillion pounds (possibly a slight exaggeration)...
we had to build it in the dining room so we could easily move it to it's location.
I'll be cleaning the dust for 6 months...
not an exaggeration.
He then just fashioned some legs and shelves on each end...
I no longer have to keep my Cricut and die machines...
sewing machine, heat gun, Xyron all over the floor...
which is also where I happen to have used all of those!
I am SO not missing the floor.

And that's all I'm showing today because the room is still a mess from reorganizing some things...
and I've decided to give this room a little freshen up...
these are the colors I think I'm going with...


and before you may question why I would paint a room black...
it's a muted black versus true black...
and since this was my old dining room it's just going along the band in the tray ceiling...
the walls will be the neutral color.
I think I've found some black/neutral fabric that I like to make new curtains...
searching for a new rug...
and possibly will ask hubby to make a small table for in front of the couch that you don't see in these pics...
maybe to match my craft table?
And since the kids are on Spring break in a couple of weeks...
I think I'll start in with painting and things then...
and then maybe I'll post pics of the room when it's all finished.
But I do know that I have found my next project for him...

http://www.the36thavenue.com/2012/04/diy-outdoor-sectional.html
These will be perfect for the patio.
And look at how great these will go with them...


And then possibly...
maybe he can build me some of these...


He really hates me getting on Pinterest.
*giggle*

Hope you have a great day...
who knows?
I may go for day 6 tomorrow...
maybe with some paper crafty stuff!

13 comments :

  1. This turned out awesome! Love the long tabletop, so much space to spread out and work! You have certainly found enough projects to keep your husband busy. I think I'll have to show those outdoor chairs to my husband ;)
    I'll just blame you.......;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you keep posting!!!
    Your desk turned out so fantastic and all that fabulous space to create on. Now I am also in love with the next project and those barrel table are amazing!!!! Happy Saturday Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome craft space. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! It really turned out amazing! I'd pick that yard furniture next too! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd LOVE it if you share something tomorrow too! It is so inspiring coming here - and I miss our Saturdays...
    WOW - am I jealous of your craft table and craft space or what??? (and to be honest I might be a bit jealous of your husband too - when I needed a tripod type of thing for filming with my mobile phone I finally had to make it myself + he has no idea what pinterest is !) Anyway - It is fabulous!!! Compact crafting isn't fun and I'm too old to be crafting on the floor anymore, but with a 3-room-apartment there's not much choice )-:
    Talk to you soon, have a wonderful Saturday, big hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out great--kudos to Patrick! You are going to love all that space!!! Oh, and those barrel tables would be a great spring project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great Renee and big hugs to Patrick!! I could understand if he did "wife lockout" with pinterest but, wonderful ideas!! I think the colors are wonderful and the tan with black trim will be gorgeous! Surprised you didn't through a navy in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for giving us a peek at the finished project. Love it! This looks like a great work space and perfect looking out the window. You are going to be so happy with this. Looks like you owe Patrick !!!!! :)
    You did great and can hold your own with your CAS beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new desk is fabulous - love the rich colour and it's so long!! Lovely to have so much space to work on.

    I think your upcoming projects look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, your new desk is amazing, so much room to spread out all of your fabulous creations. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful table. You have a keeper for a husband. I also like your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks AWESOME!!!!! Oh my gosh - heaven! I love that your ribbons are up high now and I love the color and how it's snot too deep. Perfect! Patrick's gonna be a busy many now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am speechless! This is a gorgeous crafty space! You are right.....that long table is perfect for that area and fits all your needs!!!! Way to go Patrick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...