Thursday, March 7, 2013

Waltzingmouse March Release...Folk Art Medallion

Good morning!
So what are your thoughts so far?
Loving everything you've seen?
Just wait until you see what we've got for you today!
*grin*

This is my favorite day...
the day that we get to show you the last set for this release...
Folk Art Medallion...
and it's my favorite set and as soon as it landed in my hands I knew I was in love.
This is a 6x8 and it is packed with possibilities...
I didn't even tip the iceberg on what this set can do and since I've got a few projects for you today I'm just going to get right to it....


Look at that amazing medallion...
large enough to cover an entire card front all on it's own...
and since it's a building set...
you can stamp all the different elements in various colors to create truly gorgeous folk art patterns.
I choose to go with a bright red, blue, green and yellow color scheme for this one...
some of my favorite colors.


That sentiment is one you will recognize from yesterday...
Folk Art Labels 25...
and yes...
all of the sets from this release compliment each other and are easily mixed together.
A few navy seed pearls and this card was done.
And I usually avoid one layers...
I have a hard time with them but not with this set...
so easy to create stunning one layer cards that also easy to mass produce and mail...
always a plus!

I stayed with the same color pattern for my next card..
you know me and my love of anything navy...



Again...
I built this pattern from pieces included in the set and they are so easy to line up and stamp like a dream this card literally came together in just minutes.



That gorgeous sentiment is also included in this set and with some more navy seed pearls...
all done.

For the next one I went with a totally different color scheme...


I stamped that gorgeous medallion in Versamark onto black cardstock and then heat embossed in various Zing embossing powders...
don't those colors just pop off that black background?
This is what I really think of when I think of folk art...
dark backgrounds and vibrant colors.

For my last project I went super simple...


I stamped the pattern from my first card only in bright red, turquoise and yellow...
and I left the middle open to then be able to stamp a monogram initial...
which Victorian Alphabet fit perfectly.


A couple of scor lines down at the bottom...
and since I made 4 of these I packaged them all into a clear box...


I stamped the large floral element in Versamark onto some Tempting Turquoise cardstock and then tied with a small grosgrain ribbon.
How great is that for a quick and easy gift?

OK that's it for me today but make sure to check out all the rest of the DT to see all of the amazing creations  using this gorgeous set.
And don't forget about Claire's Pin It to Win It contest on Pinterest...
get all the details on Claire's blog HERE.
Thanks so much for stopping by and all the sweet comments that have just meant the world to me...
see you tomorrow when we'll be having the DT Waltz!





Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Clare Buswell
Edna Morrisedie
Iwona Palamountain
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Jen Cuthbertson
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Karin Åkesdotter
Kelly Schirmer
Kim Duran
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Teresa Kline
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan

Happy Birthday
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Folk Art Medallion and Folk Art Labels 25 (releasing March 8th)
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select
Inks: SU Night of Navy, Real Red, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Dandelion and Summer Sky
Misc: navy pearls

Thank You
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Folk Art Medallion (releasing March 8th)
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy
Inks: SU Night of Navy, Real Red, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Dandelion
Misc: navy pearls

Happy Birthday #2
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Folk Art Medallions and Folk Art Labels 25 (releasing March 8th)
Cardstock" PTI True Black, Hawaiian Shores
Ink: Versamark
Embossing powders: Zing Rouge, Aqua, Powder, Leaf, Mustard
Misc: black pearls

Monogram
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Folk Art Medallion (releasing March 8th), Victorian Alphabet
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select
Inks: SU Real Red Tempting Turquoise, Memento Dandelion

30 comments :

  1. WOW!!! Your projects are AMAZING Renee- Absolutely adore the red card with the blue and yellow (actually very Swedish folkart style from Dalcarnia)- so beautiful and such wonderful design.
    Thanks for the inspiration Renee, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much loveliness, I don't even know where to start! Your first card absolutely floored me...LOVE the colors on that one! The monogram card set is an amazing idea...looks like something you would buy at a fancy stationery store! And the embossed doily against the black just popped off off my screen! I can see why today was your favorite of all ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your cards today! Love that large medallion and the turquoise embossing looks a-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful bright colorful cards today Renee! I especially love the red one with the lovely stampings along the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!!!!! I love how you showcased the large medallion but then also made a card with the border. And the colors you used are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Renee! I love how you used this set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love!! This set is fabulous and you've showcased it beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see how much you are loving this set Renee - so many projects, the fancy stamping. Looks like you just had fun making all sorts of beautiful colorful things! Really gorgeous - you really showed these to their best advantage and all their possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure dazzle! You really, really rocked this set! Wow, wow, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, you totally had me with the baby announcement card - I was checking through the forum thinking - I don't remember hearing about that! lol!!!! Beautiful projects, you have rocked this release missy, we are very lucky to have you!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are my favorite of this weeks cards so far Renee...every day is just better and better...love all the color combinations you achieved with this set and I especially love the cute card package of notecards...great way to present a little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow--You have me convinced I need this set. All your cards today are phenomenal, and just my style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Renee your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooops, I pressed publish too quickly I wasn't done. Love the embossing, such vibrant colours and that cute set of notecards. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorrrgeous cards Renee, I just love those gorgeous colours on the black, and the CAS designs too, just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Renee, you did these images justice and in living color too. I love the eye-popping brilliant colors. Amazing designs and outstanding creativity. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow! Renee - these are just brilliant! I love the zingy colourson the black card, and the tile effect on the red card. Just magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards, some great ideas on how to use these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards, especially the black one! This set looks so versatile. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Renee great projects….oh my I love them all! That large one is just gorgeous! I also love the last one so CAS. Great work, here my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! You did an amazing job! I love the embossing on black! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well Missy....these are all fabulous!! Love all these colors and can't wait to play with this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, WOW, WOW! You created some amazing cards here. LOVE that gorgeous medallion and the ways you used it. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Renee I can see why you have been so busy! Each and everyone of your cards is simply stunning!!! This set is on my list of must haves, fabulous samples!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG, Renee--you have me SO excited about this release! All of your samples are so amazing--gosh, so much inspiration!! LOVE the awesome colors, the embossing and the wonderful CAS design for your notecards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that you used the entire medallion on your first card. And the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow, Renee! All the colors you used were so bold and beautiful! With each scroll there were ooooos and ahhhhhs :) You really showcased this medallion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. All so beautiful! These colors are amazing!! Great job with these images!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You totally had me at the Zing embossing powders! I absolutely LOVE LOVE that card to pieces!! Superb job Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous bright and cheerful colors that make you want to have all these cards! I love that you stepped up and used bold colors and not on just one project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...