Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waltzingmouse April Release...Man of the Hour

Here we are...
the last day of previews for 3 new Waltzingmouse sets which will all go on sale tomorrow...
are you excited?
I'm dying to show you this last set...
Man of the Hour...
because one...
I die over it.
Seriously...
die!
And two...
because it is so incredibly perfect I truly believe everyone needs it and...
I had even more fun playing with this one than I did My Kind of Guy so again...
apologies for a long post...
and up first is probably my favorite with this set...
I say again...
I die over this sentiment...

WMS April Release

Not only do I love this sentiment...
I used my favorite...
THE most perfect color in the whole wide world...
navy!
I stamped the sentiment onto some Rustic White cardstock in SU Night of Navy ink...
adhered that to a navy base that was slightly longer than the sentiment and then adhered that to a strip of yellow patterned paper from Echo Park This and That...
a bit of navy and white striped washi tape and a yellow button to finish.

And because I love navy so much...
I used it again for another favorite sentiment from Man of the Hour...

WMS April Release

Don't you just love this sentiment?
How many kids think of their dad as a super hero?
The man who is fearless...
smart...
brave...
kills spiders instead of screaming and running...
investigates all strange bumps and creaks in darkness of night and can banish monsters while half asleep...
and just makes you feel safe to have him there.
That's the way it is in my house anyway.
He doesn't own a special cape...
he has no special powers beyond the ability to sleep through anything showing on Nick or Disney...
but to our kids...
he's a super hero.
So I guess you know who'll be getting this one in a couple of months right? *wink*

But I stamped onto some kraft cardstock using Night of Navy again...
this time stamping and cutting out "super" in Real Red to give it just a little pop.
A strip of patterned paper from Simple Stories Urban Traveler and a die cut star and button...
all adhered onto a Night of Navy cardbase.

Next up is another favorite...
and alright...
I'm just going to be honest here and let you know right now...
they're all my favorite.
I can't pick one that I love more than the other so...
here's my next favorite

WMS April Release

I stamped this incredible sentiment onto some white cardstock in SU Real Red...
then I adhered it over some patterned paper from Simple Stories 24/Seven.
Adhered onto a kraft base with a strip of red washi tape underneath and some bronze pearls in the corner to finish.

And here's my last favorite for today...

WMS April Release

I stamped the sentiment in Memento London Fog on Rustic White cardstock then adhered it to a "pattern" square of grey, aqua and orange cardstock.
Some bronze brads and I then adhered all of it onto a kraft cardbase.

OK...
I'm done for now.
But I'll be back later for the Blog Party... 
and then tomorrow for our DT Blog Waltz to tempt you one last time before all the sets go live in the store at 1pm Central...
but now you need to go see what the rest of the DT created using this must have set...
Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Clare Buswell
Edna Morrisedie
Iwona Palamountain
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Jen Cuthbertson
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Karin Ã…kesdotter
Kelly Schirmer
Kim Duran
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Teresa Kline
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan


See you soon!

Rich Man
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Man of the Hour (available 4/18)
Cardstock: PTI Rustice White, SU Night of Navy
Ink: SU Night of Navy
Patterned Paper: Echo Park This and That
Misc: MME washi tape, button

Superhero
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Man of the Hour (available 4/18)
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy, SU Night of Navy
Ink: SU Night of Navy, Real Red
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Urban Traveler
Dies: WPlus9 Stacking Stars
Misc: button

Big Man
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Man of the Hour (available 4/18)
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, Kraft
Ink: SU Real Red
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories 24/Seven
Misc: washi tape, pearls

Greatest Gift
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Man of the Hour (available 4/18)
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, Kraft, Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, Terracotta Tile
Ink: Memento
Misc: brads


20 comments :

  1. Superb cards, so perfect and masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be the Queen of CAS with these cards - simple & yet stunning! Every one looks as fresh and fab as the next. I am in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible cards Renee! They showcase these incredible sentiments so beautifully! This is a must have set! Love it! Love your wonderful cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful CAS designs on each of these lovely cards honoring Dad Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee I love the clean look of your cards and the big impact of those bold stripes of color. Washi? Love it! You really let the sentiments shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Aren't those sentiments fab?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee I love all of the cards you made for today! I so agree these are must have stamps and the sentiments are so amazingly perfect! Love the navy and yellow one heck I love them all. I am loving your very CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you really must like this set! So many cards and every one a stunner. I especially like the Hero card...love the star on it and I also really like the card with all the arrows on it. Great job Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--Renee. So many fabulous cards from that set. Those sentiments are really outstanding, and you have done a magnificent job of highlighting them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really knocked it out of the park with these my dear! Fabulous, CAS, masculine cards, WOW! You're right, I couldn't pick just one favorite either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great phrases/sentiments in this set! I am in love with how you used the washi in that first card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful sentiments in this set! And what fabulous cards you made using them! I love them all, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Renee, these are all so awesome. Love the trendy papers and cool designing you have done on all of these cards. You did a fantastic job of showcasing the fatherly goodness of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great cards! this set has amazing sentiments! love the colors on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love, love, love, the CAS-ness of these cards. Not to mention those sentiments are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love what you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I think this might be my favourite set of stamps - the sentiments are fabulous. Love the variety in your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All fantastic projects Renee! I love that you used washi, it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't pick a fav either because they're all awesome! Love your CAS style!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...