Monday, April 15, 2013

Waltzingmouse April Release...My Kind of Guy

Good morning!
There's been scarce activity around here lately...
but as you can tell from the post title...
I have been busy!
Claire is releasing 3 brand new Waltzingmouse sets this month and today I get the pleasure of introducing you to My Kind of Guy!
I LOVE this set.
LOVE!!
That's it.
It's all I can say.
I fell in love with this set from moment one and have had SO much fun playing with it because it feeds my simple style perfectly and I'm just going to go straight into it because there's a lot to show.
And this post is pic heavy so I'm going to apologize first...
and hope you understand why when you're done!

My Kind of Guy is inspired by Brogue fashion...

via Pinterest
those fabby black and white shoes that are as timelessly fashionably today as they were 100 years ago...

via Pinterest
and surely I'm not the only one who finds a guy wearing loosely tied, scuffed Brogue boots with a pair of faded, well worn jeans extremely sexy...
right? *wink*
Well Claire has designed an incredible set paying homage to this timeless fashion statement...
and I hope I can show a few examples of how timeless...
and how it's definitely not just "for the guys"...
it is!
But first up...
for the guys...

WMS April Release

and if you guess that I was inspired by the first pic in my color choices...
you would be correct!*giggle*
This is a building set with a mix of incredibly fabulous fonts that make it so easy to achieve the "chalkboard" look that's so popular and that was my original intent...
but when I started playing around...
I decided I liked the "clean" look of just the white on black.
Some striped black and white paper and a little touch of red cardstock...
this card was done!

Now my next project keeps the same color combo...
is there anything more timeless than red, black and white?

WMS April Release

I LOVE this sentiment...
and couldn't resist using in it another popular trend right now...
the speech bubble!
It pairs perfectly with this image from My Kind of Guy...
very British don't you agree?

Next up is my favorite.
I was actually inspired by a pic I found that includes my personal favorite hobby...
or I think this may actually go beyond hobby and more like a passion that I can't live without it and probably spend more $$ on it than I do crafty supplies (GASP!)...
books!
E-readers are all the rage...
and though I'm still old school...
I just can't seem to give up actual books... 
mainly because their battery never dies at 2am right when you're 95% done and you have to see how it ends before you can even think about sleep...
I have been "test driving" one (translation: sharing one with my daughter) and I think the Kindle may need one of these...
but my "anytime-any reason" card stash could use a few of these...


WMS April Release

I stamped the large border image in Versamark and clear embossed on a sheet of Kraft cardstock to give it the "leather" look...
a closeup shot...

WMS April Release

leather...
right? *grin*
Know how I got those reverse scallops?
No...not a die... 
though if someone knows of where I can get one with reverse scallops please let me know!
No..it's a circle punch!
Sorry I didn't take any pics but all I did was use a 1" circle punch to punch between the scallops and then tidied up just a bit with scissors.
A 3/4" may have worked even better but 1" was the smallest I had on hand and it worked.
Then I just adhered this to a white A2 cardbase...
rounded the corners and added a sentiment from the previously released Fancy Phrases to make it "general"...
added some bronze pearls to finish it off.
I can see this in different colors...
different sentiments...
don't you think this could make a great gift set for someone in your life...
guy or girl?

And last one today...
promise...
but I wanted to do a total "girly" card using this "guy" set so this pic inspired my next one...
via Pinterest
and here's how I interpreted those gorgeous Valentino's...


WMS April Release

I used the small border stamp included in My Kind of Guy to stamp and though you can't tell in this pic...
clear emboss...
a repeated pattern onto pink cardstock which I then scored and joined together using Scor-Tape to create this ruffle.
Added a satin pink bow and a sentiment from the previously released Say It With Style (what set could be more appropriately named for a Valentino inspired card?)...
super simple and easy!

And though I have lots more to show with this set...
that's it for me today!
Make sure you stop by my fellow DT members to check out all the amazing inspiration I know they've got using this incredible set...


and I promise to take it easy on you tomorrow! *grin*

Don't forget about the Waltzingmouse Blog Party happening on Claire's blog this Wednesday the 17th...
the theme for this month is SPRING FLOWERS and you can get all the details on Claire's blog HERE!


My Kind of Guy
Stamps: Waltzingmouse My Kind of Guy(available 4/18)
cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy, True Black
Ink: WPlus9 
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Happy Days

I Say Old Bean
Stamps: Waltzingmouse My Kind of Guy(available 4/18)
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy
Ink: Memento
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper Portrait Collection

Hello
Stamps: Waltzingmouse My Kind of Guy (available 4/18), Fancy Phrases
cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Kraft
Ink: Memento, Versamark
Embossing: Ranger clear

Just For You
Stamps: Waltzingmouse My Kind of Guy (available 4/18), Say It With Style
cardstock: WPlus9 Ballet Slippers
Ink: Versamark
Die: PTI Pinking Shear
Misc: Ranger clear embossing powder, ribbon

30 comments :

  1. WOW Renee - these are all AWESOME - such clever designs!!! I LOVE your cards and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this set too. Can't wait to see what you've created for the other previews. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just fantastic!! Adore them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I LOVE all of your cards... and those pink shoes... oh those pink shoes *happy sigh*. Fabulous job using the inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your speech bubble card - so on trend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you have been busy! I love them all - and I can tell that you enjoyed playing with the new stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the speech bubble one, it's SO COOL! Well actually, they all are, but that one just made me squeal aloud. Love the chalkboard look of the first with the bold stripes along the edges. Your Kindle cover inspired card absolutely looks like leather...and the pink pleats for a lady...brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you - you busy girl! Where to start - lots of fabulousness here! WOW! I love love love the clean chalkboard look of the first with the pop of red, EEK! the bubble sentiment!! Too cool, The embossed border - looks just like leather! Wish I could touch it through the screen, and last - one for the girls? Brilliant!Love the ruffly border and the pretty pink! Just yummy! You knocked this one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful and fun inspiration you found Renee! Love how you interpreted them on your cards - they are all super (I like the cut out word balloon!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Renee! Your cards are perfectly amazing ! I love the stripes and clean look of them all! The pink one inspired from the shoe amazing and beautiful! Great job with these cards.....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very cute cards Renee...my favorite is the pink, shoe-inspired card. Love the folded ruffles on it! You out did yourself, seriously good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee, these are great. I just love the stripes - totally makes the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love your Valentino card. Certainly shows the versitality of this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards! Loving the new masculine set, so chic, and fun and LOVE that border, I'm swooning over it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your use of versa mark for both guys and girly! And the ever elegant Becca used the Spellbinders classic scallop on her project. Gotta be easier than the circle punch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now, I can see what you've been so busy on. All your cards are just fantastic. You really did lots of creative things--I think my fave is where you made it look like an old book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I fell in love with your sweet cards!! The are all fabulous! What a fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your cards but I do like the simple one with the neat little speech bubble. Great tip about the circle punch too - will remember it in case this set should fall into my shopping basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the chalkboard design.Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well...YOU are an overachiever girl!! Love them all! Especially the black/white with pop of red and the bubble speech card....tooo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are totally brilliant designs Renee. I love how you used photos of the shoe designs. It shows that you put a lot of thought into your post today! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow--you have been busy--thanks for sharing all these wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love each and every one of your cards! You did such a good job in your intrepretation of your inspirations pictures. I'm pinning them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Renee! Your ideas are endless for this new set! I love love the leather look.....going to have to chalk that idea down for later! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Blown away! These are marvelous and you picked perfect color combinations. I'm so tickled with that pink card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Wow! WOW!!!! Incredible cards! Love them all!
    Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Renee, your projects today are a super squeal. I love all of them, your signature style on all of them. Yes on the sexy factor, we can talk guys in worn denim another time (;), yes my 'Kobo' needs one of those covers and I NEED those shoes! Great inspiration today my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow - you were on a roll when you made these cards! I think they are brilliant. Love the last one - so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome set of cards!! Love the pink ruffle. Live that monacle!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic! I must say, the color combo on the first two cards makes my heart happy. LOVE red, white and black!! And really, I think the second card is perfection - the stripes, the speech bubble, the little man...sigh, happy, happy, happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...